+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Okay. Perfect. She has been returning after staying in her home country for a significant amount of time.

Nonetheless, do wait until April/May before you apply for her super visa. As her extension was approved for her recent TRV stay, she will most likely be approved for a super visa too (she'll need to clear medicals, etc of course)
Thank you dear Bryanna.
I am still looking for the answer about what should go in purpose of visit. I am thinking to do it a in 2/3 lines with some genuine general reason like spending summer her and probably going on a road trip to the country side within Canada or a family road trip to the US. What is you take on this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you dear Bryanna.
I am still looking for the answer about what should go in purpose of visit. I am thinking to do it a in 2/3 lines with some genuine general reason like spending summer her and probably going on a road trip to the country side within Canada or a family road trip to the US. What is you take on this?
Sounds good

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna, You have been quiet helpful. I see you pay attention to almost everyone on this forum. I appreciate your efforts, love and care you have for everyone. God bless you.
Thanks so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

God bless you and your family too. Stay happy always :)

Reactions: zeeshan_005

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
22-May-2014
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
20-May-2014
Med's Done....
14-July-2014
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
02-Feb-2015
There is no restriction on when she can return. That said, how long she is allowed to stay when she returns the next time will depend on the CBSA officer she meets at the POE
Thanks Bryanna your inputs are very helpful.

My Mom got extension till April 2018. But she is returning in Jan 2018.

However, She does not have any trv stamped rt now. I have similar question, should I apply immediately for super visa say in Feb or it is advisable to wait a bit?
She did her medicals in Aug 2017 , which I am planning to reuse.moreover current processing times shows around 80 days.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna : I was going through different supervisa threads and found that there should be signed promissory note to cover parents/grand parents financial while on super visa. My question is, whether this note is to be typed on a plain paper, sign it and upload or it has to be signed by the host and oath commissioner?
What is your take on it please and thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@se7en

It is a typed letter signed by the inviter/co-inviter who meet LICO that pledges financial support for the parent(s) during his/her/their visit. It is not necessary to be signed by the Commissioner of Oaths

Reactions: zeeshan_005

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
You'll need to Google for a suitable one
Thank you Bryanna. I will google or add a few more financial support lines in the invitation letter and I guess I have to merge my T4, NOA and employment letter.
Thank you once again Bryanna and my apologies I will have to bother you again in the days when I am going to file the application IN SHA ALLAH.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna. I will google or add a few more financial support lines in the invitation letter and I guess I have to merge my T4, NOA and employment letter.
You can also include any other financial documents (your bank statements + financial investments + rental income, etc)

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna

My mother went for upfront medical last week and they discovered a spot in her chest x-ray and then they asked her to pay extra fees and advised to come for some kind of test for three consecutive days which she did and then they told her to come again in mid April for another checkup. I think the x-ray spot lead them to suspect TB but my mother has no TB symptoms, she lives in a healthy environment and she has recently traveled back home after spending almost a year here in Canada.
April is two and half months from now. I was thinking if she doesn't get medical clearance there in Islamabad then I will file her supervisa application in mid April and she is also coming here in April end so, so once she is here and if IRCC requests medical then we will take it from there for medical to visa stamping.

What do you suggest?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

My mother went for upfront medical last week and they discovered a spot in her chest x-ray and then they asked her to pay extra fees and advised to come for some kind of test for three consecutive days which she did and then they told her to come again in mid April for another checkup. I think the x-ray spot lead them to suspect TB but my mother has no TB symptoms, she lives in a healthy environment and she has recently traveled back home after spending almost a year here in Canada.
IRCC takes TB pretty seriously. It is a communicable disease and IRCC will not issue any visa to her until her TB has been declared as inactive. Even when she is in Canada, she can be asked to go for further medical checkups.

It is possible that the scarring on the lungs was because your mom probably had pneumonia in even her childhood(??) Don't worry it can be cured.

Did the TB culture test turn out as positive? Or was it only scarring on the lungs?

You may want to get your mom tested for TB (chest x-rays, etc) from a private clinic to be double sure. This would help your mom to take any medication, if required..... or then these second set of tests will indicate that there's nothing of concern.

April is two and half months from now. I was thinking if she doesn't get medical clearance there in Islamabad then I will file her supervisa application in mid April and she is also coming here in April end so, so once she is here and if IRCC requests medical then we will take it from there for medical to visa stamping.
This won't work because:
1. You cannot apply for a super visa from within Canada
2. She has a super visa application that's still in progress at least until end-April (until you get a decision).
3. IRCC will not issue a second medical request and/or a visa until she is given an all-clear for the current tests.
4. She could possibly be asked to go for check-ups even if she arrives this time on a TRV,

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
IRCC takes TB pretty seriously. It is a communicable disease and IRCC will not issue any visa to her until her TB has been declared as inactive. Even when she is in Canada, she can be asked to go for further medical checkups.

It is possible that the scarring on the lungs was because your mom probably had pneumonia in even her childhood(??) Don't worry it can be cured.

Did the TB culture test turn out as positive? Or was it only scarring on the lungs?

You may want to get your mom tested for TB (chest x-rays, etc) from a private clinic to be double sure. This would help your mom to take any medication, if required..... or then these second set of tests will indicate that there's nothing of concern.

This won't work because:
1. You cannot apply for a super visa from within Canada
2. She has a super visa application that's still in progress at least until end-April (until you get a decision).
3. IRCC will not issue a second medical request and/or a visa until she is given an all-clear for the current tests.
4. She could possibly be asked to go for check-ups even if she arrives this time on a TRV,
She says she never had pneumonia. I can think of only scarring on the lung(s). But yet again I am not sure. Her medical was clean which she did last year in January. If she had pneumonia in even her childhood then they would see it in her last medical. I don't trust their judgement sometimes when they do it to make more monies in legitimate ways. Last year they said she has some heart issue and they ask us to do additional ecg/ecc etc within the same hospital for additional cost which we did. In the end they cleared the medical but this also left us with question marks. Later I had my mother checked up at a very good hospital and doctors and it turned to be clean.

What I meant by applying in April is that while she is in Pakistan I will apply for her supervisa without medical like a week or 2 before her flight to Canada. This way her application be pushed to the local visa office for processing and once she is here while her application is still being processed at the local visa office and if they ask for her medical then we will do it here and then later we can request the local visa office to facilitate the visa stamping in Canada.

Do you think this make sense?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
She says she never had pneumonia. I can think of only scarring on the lung(s). But yet again I am not sure. Her medical was clean which she did last year in January. If she had pneumonia in even her childhood then they would see it in her last medical. I don't trust their judgement sometimes when they do it to make more monies in legitimate ways. Last year they said she has some heart issue and they ask us to do additional ecg/ecc etc within the same hospital for additional cost which we did. In the end they cleared the medical but this also left us with question marks. Later I had my mother checked up at a very good hospital and doctors and it turned to be clean.
So maybe it's a money-making scam. Money aside, that's terrible to put an applicant through the stress of imagining that s/he probably suffers from a serious health condition.

Do get a second medical opinion from another panel physician or a private clinic.

What I meant by applying in April is that while she is in Pakistan I will apply for her supervisa without medical like a week or 2 before her flight to Canada. This way her application be pushed to the local visa office for processing and once she is here while her application is still being processed at the local visa office and if they ask for her medical then we will do it here and then later we can request the local visa office to facilitate the visa stamping in Canada.

Do you think this make sense?
It would have been best if you had waited until April/May before applying for a super visa for your mom (like I had advised earlier).

Submitting a new super visa application will not work until a decision is made on the current application. Also, as she has given furtherance tests, IRCC will wait for the medical reports in April. IMO, it's best if you continue with the current super visa application