+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I haven't yet applied for supervisa. This is the upfront medical and the purpose was get the report and submit it with application which I am going to file in April/May as you suggested previously.

ps123

Jul 3, 2012
Hi All

How can I apply for super visa for my parents where my mom is with me in Canada and my dad back home? In this case should I apply for each separately?

If anyone can throw some light it will be really helpful.

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
How can I apply for super visa for my parents where my mom is with me in Canada and my dad back home? In this case should I apply for each separately?
You cannot apply for a super visa for your mom from Canada. She can only apply to extend her current stay, whereas she must apply for a super visa from her home country/country of residence

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello Guys, anyone ever tried to apply for work permit for their mother inside Canada while on a super visa?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Guys, anyone ever tried to apply for work permit for their mother inside Canada while on a super visa?
Being on a super visa does not allow your mom to work.

If your mom would like to work, she would need to find an employer who is willing to go through the LMIA process then get a positive LMIA after which she can apply for a closed Work Permit. This also means that if she successfully gets a WP, she would not longer have a super visa

Reactions: dok

ps123

Jul 3, 2012
You cannot apply for a super visa for your mom from Canada. She can only apply to extend her current stay, whereas she must apply for a super visa from her home country/country of residence
Thanks Bryanna for clarifying!

Can I extend her stay till 2 years? In 2016, I extended her stay by 6 months and it was approved, is it the same process?

Also, my dad who is currently back home, can I start his super visa process at the same time from his home country?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can I extend her stay till 2 years? In 2016, I extended her stay by 6 months and it was approved, is it the same process?
You can try. However, I don't think IRCC will grant her an extension of 2 years on a TRV, especially after the first extension of 6 months.

IMO, it would be best if you request for either 6 months or one year max.... or alternatively, she must return to her home country and apply for a super visa.

Also, my dad who is currently back home, can I start his super visa process at the same time from his home country?
Yes, you can

ps123

Jul 3, 2012
You can try. However, I don't think IRCC will grant her an extension of 2 years on a TRV, especially after the first extension of 6 months.

IMO, it would be best if you request for either 6 months or one year max.... or alternatively, she must return to her home country and apply for a super visa.

Yes, you can

Thanks a lot :)

jeed87

Jul 4, 2017
Question 1: Sorry if this sounds silly but I just cant seem to get the page where i can just download the package to apply for super visa online. It keeps taking me to eligibility page when i select apply online and then asks me to apply for Visitor Visa.

Question 2: I want to apply for my Father in Law. My husband is a full time student but currently on his work term and I work full time. For income do they need my husband to meet the income threshold or is household income.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Question 1: Sorry if this sounds silly but I just cant seem to get the page where i can just download the package to apply for super visa online. It keeps taking me to eligibility page when i select apply online and then asks me to apply for Visitor Visa.
You must choose: Temporary stay more than 6 months (for a super visa)

Also, when you apply, do select the 'Super visa' option in the selection for 'Purpose of visit' in the application form..... if not the application would be assessed for a regular TRV.

Question 2: I want to apply for my Father in Law. My husband is a full time student but currently on his work term and I work full time. For income do they need my husband to meet the income threshold or is household income.
If your husband does not meet LICO alone, you can be the co-sponsor for your father-in-law. This means your income + your husband's income must meet LICO.

For LICO calculations do include yourself + your husband + your children (if you have) + any other parent/in-law whom you have sponsored (if applicable)

jeed87

Jul 4, 2017
Thanks so I did select more than 6 months but after that there is nowhere that i see a Super Visa in any drop down.

You must choose: Temporary stay more than 6 months (for a super visa)

Also, when you apply, do select the 'Super visa' option in the selection for 'Purpose of visit' in the application form..... if not the application would be assessed for a regular TRV.

If your husband does not meet LICO alone, you can be the co-sponsor for your father-in-law. This means your income + your husband's income must meet LICO.

For LICO calculations do include yourself + your husband + your children (if you have) + any other parent/in-law whom you have sponsored (if applicable)

jeed87

Jul 4, 2017

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

jeed87

Jul 4, 2017
Step1:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html
-Go under Apply Online
-Determine your eligibility and apply online.
Step2: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
Step 3: http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do
What would you like to do in Canada?
Visit
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Visit Temporarily - more than six months
Do you have family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
Yes
At end of Eligibility Questions it gives me a number and says
Based on your answers, you may be eligible to come to Canada as a visitor.