+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for BOWP without AOR

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
Yes I received it today, I applied in mid January so it took about 4 months - this was a paper based application too.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
I applied for my bridging visa about a week before my existing visa expired by paper, the processing time is about 3 months. I sent in my AOR with an explanation letter about 3 weeks later.

So I still have about another month before I hear back about my bridging visa, I am currently working and living here on implied status.
Hi , can you please tell me how did you submit your AOR for the bridging work permit? Did u get an application number for your bridging open work permit? How did you get the application number ? Thank you

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi , can you please tell me how did you submit your AOR for the bridging work permit? Did u get an application number for your bridging open work permit? How did you get the application number ? Thank you
@Gaz2153 , Hi how did you mail your AOR ? Did you mail to station 202? How did you reference your BOWP application, did you give information such as UCI, date of birth? Thank you so much

Can19

Dec 30, 2018
Hi. Sorry to give you a late response. I talked to my husband and he applied for a work permit, not BOWP ( cuz by that moment he did not get AOR). Yes, he received his work permit for 2 years in February. For this application, we presented the nomination letter, the support letter from the Province and the job offer from his employer. Again, please accept my apologies since I mixed the terms BOWP/WORK Permit. I contacted a lawyer here in Winnipeg and he confirmed that if there is no AOR do not move forward to BOWP. The balance of probabilities to get a BOWP without AOR is low and it is totally up the officer to accept it at a later date. I hope you find this information helpful.
Hello perso,

Please how long did it take for them to process your husband's work permit? ( work permit with nomination certificate/ support letter) and was he issued open work permit or employer specific work permit?
Thanks

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
So when you said you sent in your AOR, did you mean you actually posted it in as well instead of doing a Case Specific Enquiry? I have done a Case Specific Enquiry however, there's no application number for my AOR since they haven't put my paper BOWP into the system.

Any updates on your situation?

Thanks!
Hi @vmorgan , is ur application in the system now? When u mailed on paper application? Did u also submit it bymail ? Thanks

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
@Gaz2153 , Hi how did you mail your AOR ? Did you mail to station 202? How did you reference your BOWP application, did you give information such as UCI, date of birth? Thank you so much
Hi - I mailed the AOR to the same address that I sent the BOWP application to. I printed out the email confirmation I was sent with the application number for my PR application and sent with a cover letter including my UCI.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi - I mailed the AOR to the same address that I sent the BOWP application to. I printed out the email confirmation I was sent with the application number for my PR application and sent with a cover letter including my UCI.
Thank you @Gaz2153 for your help . Did u ever get a application number for your BOWP, I mailed 3 weeks ago, no application number yet

Reactions: 3fffine

mj1725

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
No application number for the BOWP
Can we change employer
I have no restrictions upon my ainp
I have applied for pr and paper based Bowp on same day on 1st may
I did not have aor yet
My pgwp expired upon 3rd may
Pls reply me if you know anything about this
Thanks

vmorgan

Feb 22, 2017
Hi @vmorgan , is ur application in the system now? When u mailed on paper application? Did u also submit it bymail ? Thanks
Paper application still isn't in the system - I just keep submitting CSE's whereby I include the AOR and downloaded tracking receipt from Canada Post of them receiving the application. They received it on March 20th.

vmorgan

Feb 22, 2017
Just received this email (my medicals were passed last week as well so PR is showing in the system), still no BOWP in the system though:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:
  • Acknowledge of Receipt.pdf
  • Delivery Confirmation.pdf
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

vmorgan

Feb 22, 2017
Just received this email (my medicals were passed last week as well so PR is showing in the system), still no BOWP in the system though:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:
  • Acknowledge of Receipt.pdf
  • Delivery Confirmation.pdf
We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.
My BOWP was approved on June 20th, just waiting for the work permit in the mail :)

3fffine

Jun 26, 2019
Hi thank you for your information.
I have a question, can you share the timeline with us? when did you send AOR number to the same address? How many weeks between the first application for BOWP without AOR and the second mail with AOR?

And can you let me know what did you put in the explanation letter besides you will send as soon as possible?

Thank you in advance!