+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for BOWP without AOR

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the new thread but I cannot find anything recent with my same situation.

I have been nominated for AINP (Alberta) and sent in my PR application which was received on November 9th 2018. It had to be the paper-based application.

Problem is my work permit expires on January 17th 2019

I cannot apply for a BOWP (Bridging open work permit) without my AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) letter but looking at timescales of other peoples applications and they are taking around 3 months to issue this by which time my work permit would have expired and I would no longer be eligible for a BOWP.

Can I send in my BOWP application with an explanation letter without the AOR and then send in the AOR separately once I get it? So then I could continue to live and work here on implied status?

Anyone else in the same situation or have any other ideas?

Thanks!

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
Oh and I have the Letter of Support 204c but then I could only apply for a Closed Bridging Visa which means my spouse would not qualify for a bridging visa which makes it pointless.

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Oh and I have the Letter of Support 204c but then I could only apply for a Closed Bridging Visa which means my spouse would not qualify for a bridging visa which makes it pointless.
I am also going to apply without AOR
You can discuss with me as well

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
I am also going to apply without AOR
You can discuss with me as well
Thanks, my main concern is that they will reject the BOWP application even if I send the AOR when I get it as the original application is incomplete. I am going to do a consultation with a lawyer so I'll let you know what they say.

Reactions: Perso

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Thanks, my main concern is that they will reject the BOWP application even if I send the AOR when I get it as the original application is incomplete. I am going to do a consultation with a lawyer so I'll let you know what they say.
Sure
I will wait for your reply..

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
Lawyer said it would be no problem - just send in letter of explanation saying that you will send AOR as soon as you get it.
Can even apply for BOWP online if think will get AOR within a week or two, otherwise best to do it by paper.

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Lawyer said it would be no problem - just send in letter of explanation saying that you will send AOR as soon as you get it.
Can even apply for BOWP online if think will get AOR within a week or two, otherwise best to do it by paper.
What are you planning to apply ??

Perso

Jul 28, 2018
Hello. My husband is in the situation. He applied for BOWP without AOR. Anyways we already sent documents to IRCC, but there is no AOR yet and no answer yet about his BOWP application. Let´s wait and see. :)

Perso

Jul 28, 2018
We did so. From Manitoba also we got along with nomination letter a support letter to IRCC extend my husband work permit. So far, I don´t know if IRCC will take that into consideration. I will let you know

Perso

Jul 28, 2018
What did you wrote in your letter of explanation ??
It is too personal cuz is about your ties and circumstances. In our case, my husband mentioned that we (spouse and children are living in Canada), he has proven as a hard worker, still working for the same employer and he holds a nomination letter and a support letter from the province, of course, you must attach both letters. That support letter mentions that he is required for his employer and in the restrictions field, it says NO. If it says yes you will not be entitled to BOWP. This is what I know so far. Anyways, it depends on the IRCC official. I will let you know what happens afterward.

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
It is too personal cuz is about your ties and circumstances. In our case, my husband mentioned that we (spouse and children are living in Canada), he has proven as a hard worker, still working for the same employer and he holds a nomination letter and a support letter from the province, of course, you must attach both letters. That support letter mentions that he is required for his employer and in the restrictions field, it says NO. If it says yes you will not be entitled to BOWP. This is what I know so far. Anyways, it depends on the IRCC official. I will let you know what happens afterward.
Thank you

vinnygod

Aug 2, 2018
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the new thread but I cannot find anything recent with my same situation.

I have been nominated for AINP (Alberta) and sent in my PR application which was received on November 9th 2018. It had to be the paper-based application.

Problem is my work permit expires on January 17th 2019

I cannot apply for a BOWP (Bridging open work permit) without my AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) letter but looking at timescales of other peoples applications and they are taking around 3 months to issue this by which time my work permit would have expired and I would no longer be eligible for a BOWP.

Can I send in my BOWP application with an explanation letter without the AOR and then send in the AOR separately once I get it? So then I could continue to live and work here on implied status?

Anyone else in the same situation or have any other ideas?

Thanks!

Can you please update me on how you later tackle this situation as your case is the same as mine. thanks