+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP without AOR (PNP)

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hello,
Is it possible to get BOWP without AOR if nominated by PNP and there are no restrictions on employment.
I hope to get my AOR after my work permit expires but in between I apply for work permit and get a decision over it.
I have support letter to apply for closed work permit but i dnt want to get a closed work permit.
Does we get BOWP approved if AOR is issued before the decision being made on the application ??

@scylla expert advice please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't know.

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello,
Is it possible to get BOWP without AOR if nominated by PNP and there are no restrictions on employment.
I hope to get my AOR after my work permit expires but in between I apply for work permit and get a decision over it.
I have support letter to apply for closed work permit but i dnt want to get a closed work permit.
Does we get BOWP approved if AOR is issued before the decision being made on the application ??

@scylla expert advice please.
I applied for BOWP without AOR and CIC refused my application only for that AOR. Unfortunately, it gonna be same for you. If they refuse your WP, you have to apply for restoration+closed WP.
If I were you,
1) I would apply for closed WP if you have the support letter+ offer submitted online by your employer and paid the compliance fee.

2) The current processing time for BOWP is almost 60 days. if you think you will get your AOR in 40-50 days, you could apply for your BOWP online and attach your AOR e-mail as soon as you receive it via Case Specific Inquiry to your existing BOWP application.

3) Alternatively, you could apply paper-based bowp, this way you could buy more time to get the AOR. When you get the AOR, you could attach your AOR to your paper-based BOWP application via case specific inquiry. After few days of your paper-based bowp application (at around 10-15 days), you could link your paper based application on your MyCIC portal. This way, you will get your ork permit application number. You could use this application number to submit your AOR when its time to attach it via Case Specific Inquiry.

You could attach an explanation letter saying that you are waiting for your AOR and will attach to the file as soon as you have it.

In any case, you are still allowed to work in Canada as you are in implied status while your bowp application is in process. Please feel free to ask if you are not sure any of these options. Good luck.

Reactions: Deval

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
I applied for BOWP without AOR and CIC refused my application only for that AOR. Unfortunately, it gonna be same for you. If they refuse your WP, you have to apply for restoration+closed WP.
If I were you,
1) I would apply for closed WP if you have the support letter+ offer submitted online by your employer and paid the compliance fee.

2) The current processing time for BOWP is almost 60 days. if you think you will get your AOR in 40-50 days, you could apply for your BOWP online and attach your AOR e-mail as soon as you receive it via Case Specific Inquiry to your existing BOWP application.

3) Alternatively, you could apply paper-based bowp, this way you could buy more time to get the AOR. When you get the AOR, you could attach your AOR to your paper-based BOWP application via case specific inquiry. After few days of your paper-based bowp application (at around 10-15 days), you could link your paper based application on your MyCIC portal. This way, you will get your ork permit application number. You could use this application number to submit your AOR when its time to attach it via Case Specific Inquiry.

You could attach an explanation letter saying that you are waiting for your AOR and will attach to the file as soon as you have it.

In any case, you are still allowed to work in Canada as you are in implied status while your bowp application is in process. Please feel free to ask if you are not sure any of these options. Good luck.
Thank you so much

I am in doubt that will updating BOWP with AOR at later stage through webform grantes us wp ??

Or Can i apply BOWP first and Closed workpermit after a few days, means two work permits....if BOWP updated at later stage with AOR gets approved, then i withdraw the closed wp file via webfor, instead of taking risk of going into restoration+closed wp... i am in doubt that applying two work permit can create an issue ??

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Thank you so much

I am in doubt that will updating BOWP with AOR at later stage through webform grantes us wp ??

Or Can i apply BOWP first and Closed workpermit after a few days, means two work permits....if BOWP updated at later stage with AOR gets approved, then i withdraw the closed wp file via webfor, instead of taking risk of going into restoration+closed wp... i am in doubt that applying two work permit can create an issue ??
As far my understanding, you are not eligible to apply two work permits at the same time while in process. You have to wait for the decision before you do the another one. Any idea when you can get your AOR and the validity of your current wp?

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
As far my understanding, you are not eligible to apply two work permits at the same time while in process. You have to wait for the decision before you do the another one. Any idea when you can get your AOR and the validity of your current wp?
My PR file is received on 14th of December 2018. My work permit expires on 5th February 2019.
I hope to get AOR by 5th-10th March as currently AOR is issued in 75 days.
If i apply BOWP on 30th January online. It will be processed around 30th of March. What do you say about this ??

Does updating AOR after applying BOWP works ??
In your Case, AOR wasn’t issued even until decision of BOWP ??

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
My PR file is received on 14th of December 2018. My work permit expires on 5th February 2019.
I hope to get AOR by 5th-10th March as currently AOR is issued in 75 days.
If i apply BOWP on 30th January online. It will be processed around 30th of March. What do you say about this ??

In your Case, AOR wasn’t issued even until decision of BOWP ??
Yes, I would apply at the end of January, 2019.

- For this, I believe it should work. Definitely, call CIC or an immigration consultant and explain this scenario, they might be able to give you an answer. I remember, my BOWP exceeded the regular processing time when I applied back in 2016. I assumed the officer was waiting intentionally just to see if he can find the AOR on the system or I could provide from my end. That's only my thought. Otherwise officer could refuse my application at its regular processing time. Don't just rely on my post. Try to talk to an expert. Refusal is an big issue. I have been through this thing and I know how painful this is!

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Yes, I would apply at the end of January, 2019.

- For this, I believe it should work. Definitely, call CIC or an immigration consultant and explain this scenario, they might be able to give you an answer. I remember, my BOWP exceeded the regular processing time when I applied back in 2016. I assumed the officer was waiting intentionally just to see if he can find the AOR on the system or I could provide from my end. That's only my thought. Otherwise officer could refuse my application at its regular processing time. Don't just rely on my post. Try to talk to an expert. Refusal is an big issue. I have been through this thing and I know how painful this is!
You got your AOR sometime after your refusal ???

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
You got your AOR sometime after your refusal ???
Yes, I got my AOR after my refusal. Got it while my closed wp + restoration application was in process. I uploaded my AOR for my closed work permit which is not required, still did it just to mention that I have status. After my closed wp approval, I have requested my complete application from CIC using Privacy Act and I noticed my AOR attachment with my application. I applied for restoration+closed wp through an immigration consultant. So, I got the application from cic just to see what my immigration consultant submitted on my behalf.

Singh9345

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Yes, I got my AOR after my refusal. Got it while my closed wp + restoration application was in process. I uploaded my AOR for my closed work permit which is not required, still did it just to mention that I have status. After my closed wp approval, I have requested my complete application from CIC using Privacy Act and I noticed my AOR attachment with my application. I applied for restoration+closed wp through an immigration consultant. So, I got the application from cic just to see what my immigration consultant submitted on my behalf.
It means if i upload my AOR later with my BOWP application, it will definately work..???
And MERRY CHRISTMAS MY FRIEND...

IZZY2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Thank you. Happy holidays you as well.

From my understanding it should work. Like I said earlier, call CIC or an immigration consultant for this specific question. Don't just rely on my advice. For this type of quick question, consultants should not charge you. Good luck.