+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP without AOR (PNP)

KiranD

May 9, 2019
Hello everyone,
I got an ITA from express entry this month and my PGWP expired in June but before its expiry I applied for employer-specific work permit from a quebec employer but now when I am about to leave Quebec because of Express Entry conditions my question is how can I change the conditions for the applied work permit..??
Please give me an advice..
or should I apply for the visitor record before my restoration period expires..???

Leliw

Sep 4, 2019
Hello everybody,

My question is: How long it takes to get the AOR after I applied for my PR? I already applied for my BOWP without the AOR and can't wait to get it to send it after my BOWP application...

imran1989

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 6002
App. Filed.......
25th may 2015
IELTS Request
W:6 S:6 R:5.5 L:6
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
6th sep 2015
Hello Everyone! Please suggest me to best of your knowledge.

I have received NOI from ONIP on the 15 of August 2019 and I submitted on the 27th of Aug, as per ONIP website the timeline show 30 to 60 days and my OPEN work permit expires on the 22nd of November 2019,
can I apply for Bridging work permit incase if I dont get the decision before my worm permit expires?
Can someone please give me suggestion I am confused and If I can apply For Bridging I dont wang to wait until the last moment.

I did received the acknowledgment letter from ONIP on the sep 19th,

captainUT

May 23, 2019
Hello Everyone! Please suggest me to best of your knowledge.

I have received NOI from ONIP on the 15 of August 2019 and I submitted on the 27th of Aug, as per ONIP website the timeline show 30 to 60 days and my OPEN work permit expires on the 22nd of November 2019,
can I apply for Bridging work permit incase if I dont get the decision before my worm permit expires?
Can someone please give me suggestion I am confused and If I can apply For Bridging I dont wang to wait until the last moment.

I did received the acknowledgment letter from ONIP on the sep 19th,
There are top two criteria you have to meet if order to apply for the BOWP: 1. you have to apply before your current open work permit expired. 2. you must provide AOR (Receive the invitation from EE and successfully submit all necessary documents).

So you have to make sure that you will get AOR before 22nd Nov (get your OINP approved and get invitation from EE and submit your applications) in order to be eligible for BOWP. *Note that the decision from OINP does not mean you are eligible for BOWP! You have to get and invitation from EE and submit your applications!

captainUT

May 23, 2019
Submit the BOWP application just few days before your open work permit expired (e.g Nov 20th or 21st) in case you don't get AOR.
Make sure to upload the OINP acknowledgment letter and attach a letter of explanation saying you will upload AOR as soon as you get it.
The current BOWP processing time is more than 100 days and you will be under implied status (you will keep your original status e.g working, staying Canada) until they make a final decision on your case.

Shane999

Jan 7, 2020
Hello. I am in similar situation. Can i apply bridging work permit first as my work permit expires on 17 and my 3 year experience finish on 23 January. I can get AOR on January 23 so that will be 1 week after i apply for bridging work permit. please guide me. its critical timing

rodrigomez

Jan 1, 2017
Hello everybody,

My question is: How long it takes to get the AOR after I applied for my PR? I already applied for my BOWP without the AOR and can't wait to get it to send it after my BOWP application...
I sent my paperwork on April 17, 2018 and the aor was last wrek of June, 2018.

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Yes I received an email with an attachment that stated my work permit had been approved and I will receive it in the mail
Hi There,
can you tell me which consultant you have referred , I am in Alberta Edmonton , need to apply BOWP asap?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards
Vick

Kim_kim

May 10, 2020
Hello Everyone. I hope you are all staying safe and healty.

I need some guidance with my situation.

My permanent residency application is in process, I applied under PNP by paper. I have restriction on PNP that I can only work for My current employer.

I submitted the application to extend my work permit in March and two days ago when I called CIC, they told me the application is not right. My employer has to create portal online first , give me the code and then I can extend my work permit! I work as an advisor for one of five big banks. My employer will never do this for me. Is there any other way to extend my work permit?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone. I hope you are all staying safe and healty.

I need some guidance with my situation.

My permanent residency application is in process, I applied under PNP by paper. I have restriction on PNP that I can only work for My current employer.

I submitted the application to extend my work permit in March and two days ago when I called CIC, they told me the application is not right. My employer has to create portal online first , give me the code and then I can extend my work permit! I work as an advisor for one of five big banks. My employer will never do this for me. Is there any other way to extend my work permit?
Thank you
How did you get this job? No you’ll need your employer to get a LMIA and you are right the big banks will not do this. It is also a long process so it isn’t something they could do right away.

Kim_kim

May 10, 2020
How did you get this job? No you’ll need your employer to get a LMIA and you are right the big banks will not do this. It is also a long process so it isn’t something they could do right away.
Thank you for your response canuck78. I uploaded my resume online on indeed and received a phone call and went through the hiring process. Is there any other solution to avoid the compliance fee.

Meatball911

Nov 9, 2022
Forgive me for reviving this old thread but I'm in a similar situation right now, though the average time to process work permit is now 168 days (online). Has anyone tried to apply without AoR recently or is attempting this at the moment? I most likely will get an ITA in Feb 2023 and my PGWP will end around mid Feb 2023 so I'm just really anxious about this....