+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for BOWP without AOR

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
Can you please update me on how you later tackle this situation as your case is the same as mine. thanks
I applied for my bridging visa about a week before my existing visa expired by paper, the processing time is about 3 months. I sent in my AOR with an explanation letter about 3 weeks later.

So I still have about another month before I hear back about my bridging visa, I am currently working and living here on implied status.

vinnygod

Aug 2, 2018
I applied for my bridging visa about a week before my existing visa expired by paper, the processing time is about 3 months. I sent in my AOR with an explanation letter about 3 weeks later.

So I still have about another month before I hear back about my bridging visa, I am currently working and living here on implied status.
Thanks alot. However, do you know if I can do online application instead of paper. And if yes how possible would it be to send an AOR later through online

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
Thanks alot. However, do you know if I can do online application instead of paper. And if yes how possible would it be to send an AOR later through online
You can apply online but it is riskier as they process them a lot faster, if they start processing and you haven't got your AOR then it's declined and your PR app could also be invalidated as you no longer have status.

I believe you can upload documents on the online system, I haven't done it that way but other people have spoken about it here.

Reactions: vinnygod

zaidbobat

Mar 8, 2019

How did you submit your AOR?plea pl reply.Thanks in advan

Perso

Jul 28, 2018
Can you please update me on how you later tackle this situation as your case is the same as mine. thanks
Hi. Sorry to give you a late response. I talked to my husband and he applied for a work permit, not BOWP ( cuz by that moment he did not get AOR). Yes, he received his work permit for 2 years in February. For this application, we presented the nomination letter, the support letter from the Province and the job offer from his employer. Again, please accept my apologies since I mixed the terms BOWP/WORK Permit. I contacted a lawyer here in Winnipeg and he confirmed that if there is no AOR do not move forward to BOWP. The balance of probabilities to get a BOWP without AOR is low and it is totally up the officer to accept it at a later date. I hope you find this information helpful.

Reactions: danlb34 and Can19

vmorgan

Feb 22, 2017

So when you said you sent in your AOR, did you mean you actually posted it in as well instead of doing a Case Specific Enquiry? I have done a Case Specific Enquiry however, there's no application number for my AOR since they haven't put my paper BOWP into the system.

Any updates on your situation?

Thanks!

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
So when you said you sent in your AOR, did you mean you actually posted it in as well instead of doing a Case Specific Enquiry? I have done a Case Specific Enquiry however, there's no application number for my AOR since they haven't put my paper BOWP into the system.

Any updates on your situation?

Thanks!
I posted it in with a covering letter referencing my original BOWP application, as I wanted proof with the registered delivery plus same problem as you with no application number.

Still no response yet, looking at current processing times for paper based visa extensions I reckon it will be another month or so before I get a reply.

Good luck with yours!

vmorgan

Feb 22, 2017
I posted it in with a covering letter referencing my original BOWP application, as I wanted proof with the registered delivery plus same problem as you with no application number.

Still no response yet, looking at current processing times for paper based visa extensions I reckon it will be another month or so before I get a reply.

Good luck with yours!
Thanks for your response! Please keep us posted :)

Good luck! It's all going to work out just fine!

Reactions: Anubhav97

Gaz2153

Dec 29, 2018
My bridging visa and my spouse's open work permit were approved and issued for 12 months from May - just waiting on the PR app now

Reactions: Anubhav97