+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for BOWP without AOR

Iamsam2019

Dec 11, 2019
Hi. I applied for my bowp without aor. But i have submitted it later via web form and i have got a confirmation email that it has been forwarded to the processing Department.
Are their any chances of getting my bowp approved.
I applied for bowp on june 19 and received my aor on August 01 and updated via webform the same day
Hi, did you get your BOWP approved ?

annieks

Dec 17, 2019
Hey. Was you able to change employer?
Ive just had a job offer from CP Railal and after 4 interviews and a 6 month wait. I am Ainp nominee and have just applied for my bowp W/O my AoR but should receive that in 2 weeks.

Hey,
Did you submit paper or online application?

Jimmy101

Sep 23, 2018
Thank you!

Which supporting documents did you submit online?
Well, i applied for my pr on july 14th, i didnt even realise i had received my AoR on the 29th july. So when I applied for my BOWP, i just gave them the required documents. I also sent in a webform asking where the hell my AoR is. Turns out i had recieved it to an old email

annieks

Dec 17, 2019
Well, i applied for my pr on july 14th, i didnt even realise i had received my AoR on the 29th july. So when I applied for my BOWP, i just gave them the required documents. I also sent in a webform asking where the hell my AoR is. Turns out i had recieved it to an old email

What were your timelines?

I am in the process of applying for BOWP without AOR online.

sedsum

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
My CIC account just get updated. My BOWP is approved!
Hi! My timeline is like this:
WP Applied: Jan 05, 2020 (Without AOR)
WP Expired: Jan 07, 2020
Paper Based PR Applied: March 03, 2020

My BWOP application is quite interesting and mixed up as during my WP application, my PNP application was on process so I updated PNP approved letter and WPSL letter via web form on end of Jan in my

Since my work permit application is without AOR, I am worried that they may reject the application.

My application says still on process and evaluating background so that I am hopeful till now. Is there a way that we can tell them that I have applied for PR as well so that they may wait for AOR?

Also is there a possibility that they can check internally? Thank you!

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
Hi. I applied for my bowp without aor. But i have submitted it later via web form and i have got a confirmation email that it has been forwarded to the processing Department.
Are their any chances of getting my bowp approved.
I applied for bowp on june 19 and received my aor on August 01 and updated via webform the same day
Hi jaswalia72,
Could you share your experiences please? What did you write on the request content when you uploaded the AOR via web form please? Did you get your Bridge open work permit approved in the end? Thank you so much for your response.

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
i have a question for all of you here. i have applied for my pnp and i think i might get into same situation that i have to apply for bowp without AOR. but here is something on cic website. this was an update that was issued in 2015 which says we do not need AOR right away:
Update to the instructions on the bridging open work permit
Summary
Currently, work permits are being processed within shorter timelines as a result of the waiving of the requirement to send an official acknowledgement of receipt letter to applicants.
Applicants may now submit their bridging open work permit (BOWP) at the same time as their application for permanent residence. Once the completeness check has been performed, the application for a BOWP will be processed. BOWP applications received before the completeness checks have been performed will be held until they are ready to be processed.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
i have a question for all of you here. i have applied for my pnp and i think i might get into same situation that i have to apply for bowp without AOR. but here is something on cic website. this was an update that was issued in 2015 which says we do not need AOR right away:
Update to the instructions on the bridging open work permit
Summary
Currently, work permits are being processed within shorter timelines as a result of the waiving of the requirement to send an official acknowledgement of receipt letter to applicants.
Applicants may now submit their bridging open work permit (BOWP) at the same time as their application for permanent residence. Once the completeness check has been performed, the application for a BOWP will be processed. BOWP applications received before the completeness checks have been performed will be held until they are ready to be processed.
I would advise to call CIC and speak with an agent to clarify this situation (E.g. If u can apply now and submit the AOR later through web form).
I guess it would be the most safest procedure.

Last edited:

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Exactly i agree this should be confirmed. I have been following these forums about bowp from last 2-3 months and i see lot of applicant's saying that they applied without AOR. And submitted it later. Lot of old members also said that no your bowp will be rejected because you are applying without AOR. I just searched on Google and this link comes up on first page. IRONICALLY how come none of them mentioned about this update which clearly says you don't need AOR and this is on official website of immigration

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
Hi! My timeline is like this:
WP Applied: Jan 05, 2020 (Without AOR)
WP Expired: Jan 07, 2020
Paper Based PR Applied: March 03, 2020

My BWOP application is quite interesting and mixed up as during my WP application, my PNP application was on process so I updated PNP approved letter and WPSL letter via web form on end of Jan in my

Since my work permit application is without AOR, I am worried that they may reject the application.

My application says still on process and evaluating background so that I am hopeful till now. Is there a way that we can tell them that I have applied for PR as well so that they may wait for AOR?

Also is there a possibility that they can check internally? Thank you!
Hi @sedsum,
Did you get the AOR? Thanks!