+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

teatimeturn

Mar 22, 2022
Hi, I took and failed the citizenship test 03/19/2022 :( I know they will have to send me new invite to take another test which could take 4-8 weeks. However, when I tracked it this morning the status says "completed" for the test and didn't say anything about me failing it or that I have to wait for a new test date. So, I wanted to know if anyone have any insight on this type of situation.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hi, can someone please advice..

Hi everyone,

I know that this has been previously answered before many times but I cannot find one answer related to the same query.
When filing the application online, there's a question "Do you currently, or have ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada(this includes your country of birth)?", the applicant should enter the details of the country as a visitor too and that too, I want to thank @rajkamalmohanram for explaining it in very detail in various posts.

My confusion is that, I have travelled a lot since my birth with my parents and I don't have any records of that. However, for the last 10 years / after 18 years of age, I do have the record of my traveling. So can I put for the last 10 years or after 18 years of my age? As from the question it seems as they want the record for the entire life. Secondly, when I was a child, I didn't even had an independent passport. I was added as an dependent to my mother's passport though.

Kindly advice..

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, can someone please advice..
I ended up putting the all the visas I got since 2004.
I had to include a letter of explanation(LoE) to highlight multiple visas issued for a single country which I was travelling to for many years. In the application form I included start date when I first got the first visa and the end date of the last visa .

seeker7

Mar 23, 2022
Hello everyone,
One of the questions in the citizenship application is
Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?
Other than the passport what other travel documents should we upload here.
I have been in the US previously. I have the visa page in the passport for a certain period. Then for the other periods, I have the I-797 and I 129 petitions.
Should I upload all of them? or just the visa is enough?
Anyone who had a similar situation pls help. Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone,
One of the questions in the citizenship application is
Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?
Other than the passport what other travel documents should we upload here.
I have been in the US previously. I have the visa page in the passport for a certain period. Then for the other periods, I have the I-797 and I 129 petitions.
Should I upload all of them? or just the visa is enough?
Anyone who had a similar situation pls help. Thanks
My understanding is that Passport(s) are required to be included for this question, unless you have refugee related travel documents...

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Thanks a lot for your response @abbas.pasha . May I ask that why did you put it from 2004? Like in my case, as I said before.. I had been traveling since I was a toddler along with my parents. But I have a record of visas since I was 18 years old. So do they need it for the last 5 years record OR after 18 years of age OR since birth?

I ended up putting the all the visas I got since 2004.
I had to include a letter of explanation(LoE) to highlight multiple visas issued for a single country which I was travelling to for many years. In the application form I included start date when I first got the first visa and the end date of the last visa .

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks a lot for your response @abbas.pasha . May I ask that why did you put it from 2004? Like in my case, as I said before.. I had been traveling since I was a toddler along with my parents. But I have a record of visas since I was 18 years old. So do they need it for the last 5 years record OR after 18 years of age OR since birth?
2004 was the first time I started travelling internationally
Since the question does not say any timeline eg last 5 or 10 yrs I ended up putting the info from the onset

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hi everyone,

I know that this has been previously answered before many times but I cannot find one answer related to the same query.
When filing the application online, there's a question "Do you currently, or have ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada(this includes your country of birth)?", the applicant should enter the details of the country as a visitor too and that too, I want to thank @rajkamalmohanram for explaining it in very detail in various posts.

My confusion is that, I have travelled a lot since my birth with my parents and I don't have any records of that. However, for the last 10 years / after 18 years of age, I do have the record of my traveling. So can I put for the last 10 years or after 18 years of my age? As from the question it seems as they want the record for the entire life. Secondly, when I was a child, I didn't even had an independent passport. I was added as an dependent to my mother's passport though.

Kindly advice..
@rajkamalmohanram , @armoured .. could you guys suggest in this situation? :) I shall be thankful.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

Kindly advice..
@rajkamalmohanram , @armoured .. could you guys suggest in this situation? :) I shall be thankful.
Provide the records of whatever you have. From 18 sounds good.

In any case, I think that the records for the past 5 years should suffice because for the purposes of citizenship, the ONLY period that matters (in most cases) is the last 5 years of your life from the date you signed the application.

So, you should be okay if you can't provide all the statuses you've held all your life. Provide them with whatever you have and you should be good.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Provide the records of whatever you have. From 18 sounds good.

In any case, I think that the records for the past 5 years should suffice because for the purposes of citizenship, the ONLY period that matters (in most cases) is the last 5 years of your life from the date you signed the application.

So, you should be okay if you can't provide all the statuses you've held all your life. Provide them with whatever you have and you should be good.
Thank you so much @rajkamalmohanram

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

forumq&a

Apr 1, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I kindly ask for your help with the following questions.

1- Residence & addresses: I arrived mid July and my rent started August 1 so for two weeks, i was in a hotel. Should this two-week temporary address be mentioned or should i put my permanent home address and a start period of mid July? Also a similar two-week gap exist in 2018 when i changed provinces. How should i account for it in terms of an address and if it even needs to be mentioned?

2- Taxes: For my eligibility period, it's (2017,2018,2019,2020,2021) and I have filed my taxes for (2019,2020, 2021). I only started working on March 2019 part time as a waiter and haven't worked in 2017 nor 2018 and had no income because i was just doing high school. Is it correct to mark year 2017 and 2018 as (Filed taxes: no, Required to file: no)?

3- Activities, Work and School: I graduated high school on June 2021, so should i mention the school part as one continuous block from Sep 2017-June 2021 or it should be divided into a school year like Sep 2017-June 2018 then Sep 2018 to June 2019 and so on ?

4- Activities, Work and School: If i am to divide the school periods of schools years, this creates a gap in the summer for the months of July and August. What should i write for this summer vacation and two month gap if i were to treat these school years as individual blocks? I also to started University on Sep 2021, so there is that gap, too as i transition.

Thank you a lot in advance!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@forumq&a in order :

1) Just specify the hotels here and be done with it. In all cases, you cannot claim you lived somewhere before you actually lived there. As a side note : this could apply for a "transition address", but not for vacations, for which you have to list your actual home, not the hotel where you spend a week.

2) Yup, no no is fine for high schoolers!

3) One big block is enough. No need to list summer vacations between semesters at the same school. You're still a student during vacations! :)

4) Since the answer doesn't cover the vacation period right before university, list only that one separately.

forumq&a

Apr 1, 2022
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated!

@forumq&a in order :

1) Just specify the hotels here and be done with it. In all cases, you cannot claim you lived somewhere before you actually lived there. As a side note : this could apply for a "transition address", but not for vacations, for which you have to list your actual home, not the hotel where you spend a week.

2) Yup, no no is fine for high schoolers!

3) One big block is enough. No need to list summer vacations between semesters at the same school. You're still a student during vacations! :)

4) Since the answer doesn't cover the vacation period right before university, list only that one separately.

Ifillcavities

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
05-04-2019
Do we need to provide photocopy of all pages of passport or only biographical page ie first & last pages of all passport valid in last 5 years.