+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Maggie2014

Jan 26, 2015
Hello,

I am a bit confused by question 11 of the citizenship app for work and study activities in the past 5 years / eligibility period and was hoping for some advice please as I am not sure what would be considered as study / education?

I have been working full time at the same place for the last 5 years, but I have taken short courses during this time too. The courses include:

- a short course, every Saturday for 10 weeks at a place called BrainStation (not a university or college)
- one day course about fitness
- weekend course about fitness
- afternoon course in CPR/First Aid

At the end of the courses I received the course provider's course completion certificate, not a diploma or degree or anything like that.

Would these courses need to be listed in these sections of the application forms please? Or is it only full time University or College courses that would be considered?

Also, if these courses do count as education history, is it ok to record work and education entries in the "Name of employer/institution" on the application as follows:

- Work: ABC COMPANY LTD
- Education: A NAME OF A COURSE PROVIDER
- Education: A CPR COURSE PROVIDER

Sorry for the long post! Thank you !

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

I am a bit confused by question 11 of the citizenship app for work and study activities in the past 5 years / eligibility period and was hoping for some advice please as I am not sure what would be considered as study / education?

I have been working full time at the same place for the last 5 years, but I have taken short courses during this time too. The courses include:

- a short course, every Saturday for 10 weeks at a place called BrainStation (not a university or college)
- one day course about fitness
- weekend course about fitness
- afternoon course in CPR/First Aid

At the end of the courses I received the course provider's course completion certificate, not a diploma or degree or anything like that.

Would these courses need to be listed in these sections of the application forms please? Or is it only full time University or College courses that would be considered?

Also, if these courses do count as education history, is it ok to record work and education entries in the "Name of employer/institution" on the application as follows:

- Work: ABC COMPANY LTD
- Education: A NAME OF A COURSE PROVIDER
- Education: A CPR COURSE PROVIDER

Sorry for the long post! Thank you !
If you were employed ie on the company’s payroll during the time you took the courses than I you don’t need to declare the courses

andrew_ol91

Sep 8, 2021
hello guys!
can somebody advice - if you are 55 or older and you do not need to submit the proof of Language skills, what should you choose in the application Question 15a - Yes or No? I assume we can choose Yes and put in the comments Other explaining that I am 55 years of age at the moment of application...
thanks for support!

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hello,

I've a unique but kind of trivial thing in my physical presence calculator.

Back in 2020, I was initially supposed to fly the route YVR -> Seattle -> Amsterdam, so my US customs & immigration was completed at YVR airport, got stamp of entry to United States, proceeded to the gate, but the flight got delayed and I was rebooked via the route YVR -> Calgary -> Amsterdam.
The issue here was, I had to exit the US side of gates at YVR airport, come out like how an international arrival passenger would come out, I had to scan my PR card (because technically I was entering into Canada), collect my bag and re-check in and fly out, all of this happened on the same day within the span of a about 4-5 hours ish.
So, while doing my physical presence calculator, should I mention the absence as two entries :
"USA -- from: 10th Jan, 2020 to 10th Jan, 2020" and then add another entry as "Netherlands - from 10th Jan, 2020 to - re-entry date",
OR can I just show single entry for absence as "Netherlands - 10th Jan, 2020 to re- entry date"
@rajkamalmohanram and others if anyone has heard of a similar case, any suggestions/thoughts?
Thank you

Rakin_I

Apr 12, 2022
Hello,

I have a query regarding the physical presence calculator entry for citizenship application. My study permit expired on August 30th, 2017 and my PGWP was issued on September 21st, 2017. So, for those 21 days although my PGWP application was in process I did not have any legal status in Canada. Therefore,

1. Would those 21 days be counted as my physical presence in Canada?
2. In the physical presence calculator how should I enter those 21days?

I am applying online and the calculator has only the following options to choose from as a type of status:
Visitor, International Student, Temporary Worker, Temporary Permit Holder and Protected Person. None of these types fit my status for those 21 days and there is no option to input any other status type.

I would highly appreciate it if anyone could provide some suggestions/thoughts about the situation above.

Thanks

shuttle11

Feb 15, 2019
Hi. Am eligible to apply. I have a question. Me and my partner went to Europe trip(covering many countries) in August 2019. What address should I need to mention in the Application form? Do I need to mention the hotel addresses we stayed in all the countries???(close to 12 countries). Thank yo

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi. Am eligible to apply. I have a question. Me and my partner went to Europe trip(covering many countries) in August 2019. What address should I need to mention in the Application form? Do I need to mention the hotel addresses we stayed in all the countries???(close to 12 countries). Thank yo
No need to mention the address if you were visiting countries for holidays or business.
In the physical presence calculator you have declare your trips though if they were made during the eligibility period

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
I have a doubt for question # 13.
Q13: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
Do I have to put everything, non-immigrant visa, residence, etc in the last 5 years or even before that?
I was in Thailand for last 20 years before I moved back to India and then to Dubai for 8 years. Can someone help me clear my doubt?

Last edited:

k.sha.

Feb 20, 2019
Hi There,
Is there anyone facing issues connecting Citizenship Tracker?

Thanks!

YEAH!! I just received by AOR, and I tried registering in the CAS tool to check the status of my citizenship application, but for some reason, it keeps saying that the UCI and Application # entered are incorrect - even though they are exactly as shown in the AOR letter. I think there is some kind of technical glitch in their system.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
YEAH!! I just received by AOR, and I tried registering in the CAS tool to check the status of my citizenship application, but for some reason, it keeps saying that the UCI and Application # entered are incorrect - even though they are exactly as shown in the AOR letter. I think there is some kind of technical glitch in their system.
wait for 24-48 hrs before registering

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

I've a unique but kind of trivial thing in my physical presence calculator.

Back in 2020, I was initially supposed to fly the route YVR -> Seattle -> Amsterdam, so my US customs & immigration was completed at YVR airport, got stamp of entry to United States, proceeded to the gate, but the flight got delayed and I was rebooked via the route YVR -> Calgary -> Amsterdam.
The issue here was, I had to exit the US side of gates at YVR airport, come out like how an international arrival passenger would come out, I had to scan my PR card (because technically I was entering into Canada), collect my bag and re-check in and fly out, all of this happened on the same day within the span of a about 4-5 hours ish.
So, while doing my physical presence calculator, should I mention the absence as two entries :
"USA -- from: 10th Jan, 2020 to 10th Jan, 2020" and then add another entry as "Netherlands - from 10th Jan, 2020 to - re-entry date",
OR can I just show single entry for absence as "Netherlands - 10th Jan, 2020 to re- entry date"
@rajkamalmohanram and others if anyone has heard of a similar case, any suggestions/thoughts?
Thank you
Two entries would be fine IMO.

Reactions: eparker42