+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

itzparth

Mar 29, 2018
The address history isn't listed day to day, it's from a specific month to a specific month. You'll only need to list your American address from month/year to October 2019, and your Indian one from November 2019 to month/year.
Thanks for your response. Are you sure ? I just double checked, when applying online, in the addresses and police certificates section, I need to provide the exact date. Wish there was an easy way for me to upload a photo instead of a url.

threei

Oct 17, 2020
Hi All,

I submitted a family application - my and wife's status trackers says almost everything (except oath) is complete. My son's (7) application is "In Progress" everywhere. Is that normal?

Thank you,

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hi All,

I submitted a family application - my and wife's status trackers says almost everything (except oath) is complete. My son's (7) application is "In Progress" everywhere. Is that normal?

Thank you,
Yes.
Your child's tracker will remain this way till after the Oath ceremony.

Reactions: threei

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Question regarding language proof, my wife haven't given IELTS or CELPIP test for PR - now for her citizenship application, I have her BE degree completion certificate and also got "medium of instruction" certiticate from her university (from India) shows she completed her degress in "English" - will this suffice for language proof?

appreciate your response if any one has done that already

delhi5678

Mar 16, 2022
Would appreciate if someone can help with my question. I got an invite for the citizenship test that needs to be taken prior to first week of April. Assuming I’ll pass it, how long does it take (typically) to get an invite for the citizenship ceremony? I have an out of the country trip planned in the May for which I need to use my existing passport. Is there an option to ask for postponing the citizenship ceremony? At one hand I am so glad that the journey has reached this stage on the other hand I don’t want to jeopardize the trip which was a long time in planning.
Any help would be appreciated!

Luce13

Oct 30, 2018
Hi everyone, I submitted my application earlier today and I think I may have uploaded the wrong physical presence calculator (the one I did yesterday) instead. Not sure as I replaced the new one with the old one and they both have the same name. Anyway if I did then it'll be off by one day and application date will be different. Does anyone have a current AOR timeline or is it advisable to withdraw and resubmit right off the bat? Thank you.

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Does anyone know what the reason for the below could be? The background verification returned to "In progress" although the fingerprint result did not expire!

Fingerprint request: November 5, 2021
Submitted: November 6, 2021.
Received: December 20, 2021
Jan 24 2022: Background verification: Updated to "completed"
March 8, 2022: Background verification updated to "In progress"

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Would appreciate if someone can help with my question. I got an invite for the citizenship test that needs to be taken prior to first week of April. Assuming I’ll pass it, how long does it take (typically) to get an invite for the citizenship ceremony? I have an out of the country trip planned in the May for which I need to use my existing passport. Is there an option to ask for postponing the citizenship ceremony? At one hand I am so glad that the journey has reached this stage on the other hand I don’t want to jeopardize the trip which was a long time in planning.
Any help would be appreciated!
As long as you won't be staying outside the country then there's no problem with it.

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Hi All,

Thank you,
My friend's son status didn't change even after oath taking.

Reactions: skrba

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hi everyone,

I want to ask if there is any difference between applying for the Canadian citizenship online or by paper? Like is the online process any faster or something like that? Please advice if someone knows about it. Thanks in advance :)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone,

I want to ask if there is any difference between applying for the Canadian citizenship online or by paper? Like is the online process any faster or something like that? Please advice if someone knows about it. Thanks in advance :)
Current trends is that paper applications are faster

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Hi everyone,

I know that this has been previously answered before many times but I cannot find one answer related to the same query.
When filing the application online, there's a question "Do you currently, or have ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada(this includes your country of birth)?", the applicant should enter the details of the country as a visitor too and that too, I want to thank @rajkamalmohanram for explaining it in very detail in various posts.

My confusion is that, I have travelled a lot since my birth with my parents and I don't have any records of that. However, for the last 10 years / after 18 years of age, I do have the record of my traveling. So can I put for the last 10 years or after 18 years of my age? As from the question it seems as they want the record for the entire life. Secondly, when I was a child, I didn't even had an independent passport. I was added as an dependent to my mother's passport though.

Kindly advice..

polk

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

Definitely paper! I should have reviewed the tracker before applying.