Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Hopefully, but I feel like that might be a bit quick! I’m only just under 50 days in!

Is it a second ghost update? The first one I got an email and nothing appeared to have changed, then a week later, yesterday, I didn’t receive an email but my profile had been updated... so I guess it’s a second one?
oh if you get an email it is not considered a ghost update from what i understood (i could definitely be wrong), and based on your timeline the first one is probably just the system update because of your biometrics / medical passed. So probably this one is just the first ghost update. Hope it makes sense. Then again.... i might be wrong. Rooting for you having the ghost update though ;-)

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
I'd suggest calling them @Tomifonication You may be able to get updates on what the update reflects change wise. It seems when there are ghost updates, they can usually confirm why. I'd guess it was your security being set to pass after Biometrics but you could just be extremely lucky! its anyone's guess

Reactions: Tomifonication

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Why why would you encourage him to call them? His application is only 50 days in. Please @Tomifonication do not call them for frivolous reasons. Don't make it bad for people who have real serious and legitimate reasons to call them.
I'm not going to call, as you say it's only been 50 days and I'm in no rush. More throwing questions here for general intrigue :)

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
Hi all - when sending in photos/passport photocopy after PPR, is it just the photo page of the passport you send? I’ve seen odd posts saying you need to send a photocopy or any stamped pages too. Can anyone clarify?
Also - is there anything else that needs to be sent?

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
When you get the email it will instruct you what to do.
Thanks, I’m aware it will tell me what to do. I was hoping someone who’s already been through the process could advise. I will be travelling out of the country for the next 4 weeks so was looking to prepare everything in advance in case I receive PPR whilst I’m away.

Reactions: RayBear

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
Thanks, I’m aware it will tell me what to do. I was hoping someone who’s already been through the process could advise. I will be travelling out of the country for the next 4 weeks so was looking to prepare everything in advance in case I receive PPR whilst I’m away.
From what I read some where here It is only the first pages that has your info and pic.... but the email will contain everything I guess. In my case I will have to send the passport itself as well.

I like your optimism of thinking they will send the PPR when you're away... I did the same thing back in Jan. after they told me I passed everything...I prepared everything before going in a short journey...etc, but they let me down... and still waiting until today...

My advise is that you keep your expectations low when it comes to the PPR,, be prepared with no expectations at all so you don't get disappointed... wish you the best luck.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hi all - when sending in photos/passport photocopy after PPR, is it just the photo page of the passport you send? I’ve seen odd posts saying you need to send a photocopy or any stamped pages too. Can anyone clarify?
Also - is there anything else that needs to be sent?
It's the photo page plus the endorsements/amendments at the end of your passport. Stamps are not needed at this stage.

Specifically (this is from CPC-Ottawa):

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website::http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

Please note that these instructions apply to passport holders from Mexico as well, who, as of December 1, 2016 , do not require a visa to enter Canada.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Oh boy. Now it reports the estimated remaining time in days rather than weeks. Who on earth thought that was a good idea.

Estimated remaining processing time: 57 Day(s)

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Oh boy. Now it reports the estimated remaining time in days rather than weeks. Who on earth thought that was a good idea.

Estimated remaining processing time: 57 Day(s)
Am I imagining it, or did you mention Aly having a ghost update? I had one a week or so back, but not a clue what it means for my profile!

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Am I imagining it, or did you mention Aly having a ghost update? I had one a week or so back, but not a clue what it means for my profile!
No ghost update for me yet :(
I'm going to call them again this week as that's another month down with no movement since MEP. Fingers Crossed!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Ha, that was my bad
@Tomifonication. I misread the feed saying
@Scottish Aly liked someone else's post as it being their post and got mixed up. Quickly realised my error and edited it

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I’m going to set up a Telegram group if anyone is interested in joining? The forum is useful for more significant posts, but I tend to find Telegram is good for general sharing of information.

Let me know if you’d like the link ☺

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
I’m going to set up a Telegram group if anyone is interested in joining? The forum is useful for more significant posts, but I tend to find Telegram is good for general sharing of information.

Let me know if you’d like the link ☺
sure why not!

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Had an early morning chat to IRCC; eligibility is recommended pass; criminality is passed, and security is currently underway. Looks like we're progressing smoothly.

Reactions: Scottish Aly