+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

lollyIrl

Jun 13, 2018
I am in Sweden, and last week I have received "Ready for Visa" email. However, I don't have the option to upload Appendix A and passport copies to MyCIC as instructed in the PR email. So, I am planning to send these documents together with Photos and LOE. How was it for you? Did you have the option to upload the documents to MyCIC? Did you just copy the Appendix A form from the email to word document, and fill it in? Did you have to sign Appendix A? or just update with personal information?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
Hi northern sunshine,

Congrats on your PR and landing.

I am in Sweden, and last week I have received "Ready for Visa" email. However, I don't have the option to upload Appendix A and passport copies to MyCIC as instructed in the PR email. So, I am planning to send these documents together with Photos and LOE. How was it for you? Did you have the option to upload the documents to MyCIC? Did you just copy the Appendix A form from the email to word document, and fill it in? Did you have to sign Appendix A? or just update with personal information?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mine was like this. I used the CIC contact on the web to send the documents as an attachment and mailed the photos. I got a confirmation via email within one working day. I suggest doing both i.e send via email and send via post with photos.

Reactions: ScandicGuy

lollyIrl

Jun 13, 2018
Hello,

Just a quick question do we still need ETA if we have COPR. I have ETA, but the children don't. Not sure if I should apply for them.
Thanks

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hello,

Just a quick question do we still need ETA if we have COPR. I have ETA, but the children don't. Not sure if I should apply for them.
Thanks
This might be a question to ask directlytto someone who is experienced legally like legalfalcon

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hello,

Thanks
According to the below, officially, no eTA is needed:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16

I have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and will travel to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
No. If you are from a visa-exempt country and have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document, you don’t need an eTA. However, if you haven’t received this document before your planned travel to Canada, you will need to apply for an eTA.

If you are from a visa-required country, a permanent resident visa will automatically be issued in your passport for your travel to Canada.

In both cases, make sure you travel to Canada with your valid passport and your valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
However, see also DelPiero07's response in this thread:

I had an awful experience as the airline wouldn't let me check-in with my COPR only. After taking their sweet time (about an hour and a half) they were finally convinced that I was landing to finish the PR process.

Apparently they get fined if the passenger is denied entry to the country and is forced to fly back.

Reactions: RayBear

ScandicGuy

Star Member
May 4, 2018

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mine was like this. I used the CIC contact on the web to send the documents as an attachment and mailed the photos. I got a confirmation via email within one working day. I suggest doing both i.e send via email and send via post with photos.[/QUOTE]
I have sent the documents by email and also sent them together with the photos today. Thanks for the suggestion!

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
It is with a vague sense of relief that I inform you all that I received my RFV letter this morning at 1024hrs from the London, UK office.

I've become so cynical during the last 320 days that I still don't quite believe it, so I don't feel very excited yet but I hope that will change later.

Thanks everyone for the support and for being a great community, you'll all be a credit to Canada, and I will not forget those who are still waiting with the heartache every day brings, as until half an hour ago I was one of you. I was actually on the phone to my girlfriend when it arrived, telling her that I couldn't even be bothered getting out of bed and how utterly dejected I was. Your outlook can change in an instant so keep soldiering on.

Confuseddiva

May 2, 2019
It is with a vague sense of relief that I inform you all that I received my RFV letter this morning at 1024hrs from the London, UK office.

I've become so cynical during the last 320 days that I still don't quite believe it, so I don't feel very excited yet but I hope that will change later.

Thanks everyone for the support and for being a great community, you'll all be a credit to Canada, and I will not forget those who are still waiting with the heartache every day brings, as until half an hour ago I was one of you. I was actually on the phone to my girlfriend when it arrived, telling her that I couldn't even be bothered getting out of bed and how utterly dejected I was. Your outlook can change in an instant so keep soldiering on.
Wow!Thanks and congratulations!

Reactions: draxxemsklounst

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018

It's been a long rough ride for you but I'm glad you'll be there soon! Feel free to join the Telegram group and stay in touch! =]

Reactions: draxxemsklounst

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Fourty three days left and counting

Not in the least bit frustrating

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Fourty three days left and counting

Not in the least bit frustrating
Hang on in there @RayBear
Great news is coming your way so so soon!!!

50days left for me.......does that mean I can set the countdown to a week once you get your PPR :D

DLEightyFive

Feb 19, 2019
9 days until we hit the 6 month "average processing time" :( o_O

We've had the same statuses since 15th January - according to the statuses, they literally require nothing more from us, no additional documents, background check is being processed etc etc etc