NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Sounds like they were short staffed that day. I found the staff upstairs to be helpful and friendly but the people on the door to be miserable and unhelpful.

Now the long wait

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Called IRCC this morning for an update as i also had a few questions for them related to updated personal information.
I was about 10 min on hold with the recording saying "waiting time 1 minute" ;-) which was fairly quick all things considered.
My questions were answered without looking at my profile, then she had a look when i asked an update on my status.
Visa Office: Ottawa
Eligibility: Passed
Background check: Ongoing > Criminality ongoing, Security not started.
She said all looked good and there was no note mentioning the need of additional documents so should be seamless. I
She said without me asking her that in terms of timing we are looking at the 6 months time frame, not earlier.
Still hoping to have good news before mid-June but well... we'll see!

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Well, passed my medical on April 4, and submitted biometrics today at the London VFS office; we’re moving smoothly!

How long did it take for everyone’s account to reflect your submitted fingerprints?

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
I didn't check mine until the day after but my Biometrics were listed as received by the time I did

Reactions: Tomifonication

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Grr. No luck in getting through to the call centre this afternoon.

Update, hours later: Managed to get into a queue and an hour later, talk to someone.

The file has been transferred to the ottawa office and still no indication that security or eligibility have been passed yet but nothing is marked RR, for now.

Last edited:

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Grr. No luck in getting through to the call centre this afternoon.

Update, hours later: Managed to get into a queue and an hour later, talk to someone.

The file has been transferred to the ottawa office and still no indication that security or eligibility have been passed yet but nothing is marked RR, for now.
Did you ask them specifically for anything being marked RR? When i called the other day and they told me eligibility was passed i assumed that meant i wasn't in the RR category? But now doubting...

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Did you ask them specifically for anything being marked RR? When i called the other day and they told me eligibility was passed i assumed that meant i wasn't in the RR category? But now doubting...
Yeah, I asked specifically as I am concerned about potential complications. She explained that they don't have access to anything like "this is in progress" (so presumably, when we're told that, it's educated guesswork) but they can see when the initial work is done as it is marked pass to indicate recommended passed.

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Ok hopefully I drew the right conclusion then ! As usual let’s wait and see!

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Well, passed my medical on April 4, and submitted biometrics today at the London VFS office; we’re moving smoothly!

How long did it take for everyone’s account to reflect your submitted fingerprints?
My account shows the date that biometrics was submitted (top right of the main screen for the APR), however under biometrics it still says "We need your fingerprints...". My biometrics were submitted on 29 March. I am led to believe (and I hope) that this is a common bug in the system.

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
My account shows the date that biometrics was submitted (top right of the main screen for the APR), however under biometrics it still says "We need your fingerprints...". My biometrics were submitted on 29 March. I am led to believe (and I hope) that this is a common bug in the system.
Yes i am in the same situation and mine were given end of January! I called them as well and they confirmed it had to be updated manually so it happens (i would have thought they would have updated it after my call but nope...) , i also raised a CSE just in case... so no worries... even if i did ;-)

Reactions: bairn7

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Good news gang! I called IRCC today and was told that my application has (finally) moved to the London UK office, which is the first sign of any progress since July last year. I'm not holding my breath, but low-key hoping they'll issue the visa next week...

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Good news gang! I called IRCC today and was told that my application has (finally) moved to the London UK office, which is the first sign of any progress since July last year. I'm not holding my breath, but low-key hoping they'll issue the visa next week...
Good to hear! Any idea why yours is taking longer than most?

Reactions: draxxemsklounst