+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
For British and Irish citizens, did you guys submit passports or just passport copies to the London consulate for CoPR? I am a bit confused by the Ready for Visa email. It's not 100% clear.

I have the same question on this, as I may do some travelling while I wait for my PR. I was under the impression we only have to submit a photocopy of our Passports, is that correct?

Also for the photos - do they use the digital photo from the Biometrics appointment or do you still have to submit separate photos?

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
I have the same question on this, as I may do some travelling while I wait for my PR. I was under the impression we only have to submit a photocopy of our Passports, is that correct?

Also for the photos - do they use the digital photo from the Biometrics appointment or do you still have to submit separate photos?
You have to submit new photos even if you submitted physical photos during the original application and digital during biometrics.

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
If you're in the UK, high street chain Max Spielman (??) do lots of different country style photographs. They definitely do Canada as we looked during getting our EE profile ready

Thanks everyone!
We've got ours done now (a shop near us did them to the right specs etc) and we've sent them off today. It's my fault I should have checked before I sent everything off!

Oh well just a minor blip. Hopefully we should get our CoPR in the next 2 week's

Scottish Aly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Scotland UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Random question......will all UK applicants under an outland scheme be processed in London UK?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Random question......will all UK applicants under an outland scheme be processed in London UK?
Not necessarily processed there, no. Much of the processing tends to take place within Canada. It's more likely that once finalised the application would be passed to the London office who would then issue the actual visa confirmation and request your photos and so on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottish Aly

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
To say I'm envious of your timeline is an understatement...
I got very very very lucky. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I hope yours gets picked up and pushed through soon.

Sereena13

Jan 30, 2019
You have to submit new photos even if you submitted physical photos during the original application and digital during biometrics.
Do you know the number of pictures that need to be sent and requirements for writing on the back etc. I’m going travelling for a month so ideally I’d like to get them done before. Just in case my PPR come when I’m away (wishful thinking) i’d Like to have everything done to send it off straight away!

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Do you know the number of pictures that need to be sent and requirements for writing on the back etc. I’m going travelling for a month so ideally I’d like to get them done before. Just in case my PPR come when I’m away (wishful thinking) i’d Like to have everything done to send it off straight away!
They ask for a set of 2 photos that follow the standard Canadian PR photo requirements. This is the pdf that they linked in my PPR email. It's a great idea to get them done beforehand. They will stick one photo to the IRCC copy of your CoPR and keep the other photo on record.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I just became aware of this thread. My PPR packet arrived in Ottawa Friday.

Reactions: RayBear and Laumyl

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all

We just did our soft landing from USA to Canada via peace bridge.

Few inputs from this experience

• At peace bridge CBSA needs passport, copr, proof of funds and good to carry and goods to follow list.The officers are friendly and very cordial.
  • Till you get the PR cards, you can travel to Canada by road (not by air) using the copr stamped letter form the officer. This is if you don’t have the pr cards.
  • For goods to follow list the officer suggested to have serial numbers/year for all items that may have one. Make sure you carry the right forms for goods to follow. If carrying jewelry make sure you have pictures with value. 2 sets of everything.
If anyone has questions I am most happy to answer in my best capacity.

Good luck all!

Reactions: RayBear and Laumyl

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Gave my biometrics in London on Friday. It has to be the most dingy, depressing experience of the whole PR application process. Definitely book an appointment beforehand. I arrived half an hour before my appointment and was told to leave and come back no more than 15 minutes before! Walk up applications had a 2 hour waiting time estimate.

So I walked around the block a few times and went back with 15 minutes to go and was given a ticket with a number on it. Walk up to the 2nd floor waiting area which was a mix of pre-booked and walk up applicants. There was a screen with two lines of numbers, one for pre-booked, one for walk ups. All of the pre-booked were getting seen before the walk-ups started. There was only one person processing all applicants.

There were 6 pre-booked applicants waiting before me. Processing took around 5 minutes per applicant but between each one, 2 or 3 walk ups would interrupt and ask the processor questions which really delayed matters.

After 30 minutes, it was my time to give biometrics. I handed over my biometrics letter and passport, gave fingerprints and had my photo taken. That was it. For the whole time I was there, there was not a single smile, please or thank you. Reminded me of US immigration.

Glad it's over.

Reactions: RayBear