NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Congratulations @rutsky @Nat.wilde @TheNorms! I'm now past the 90 day mark.

Fun fact my score is currently 5 points lower than it was when I applied and there's only 3 rounds since I got my ITA that would have even got me an ITA at my current score OR my previous score.

I got my ITA the same month I applied (Would have been days after but I missed the cut off thanks to qualification validation). I can't imagine what it must be like for people who sit waiting for months on end hoping for that one digit drop to even apply

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
We are happy to confirm we have just done our landing interview at Fredericton visa office. A very nice officer that you could talk with and few simple questions to confirm height and if we had any criminal records and the 4 of us were done within about 20 mins.
We wish you all the best in this journey.

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
We are happy to confirm we have just done our landing interview at Fredericton visa office. A very nice officer that you could talk with and few simple questions to confirm height and if we had any criminal records and the 4 of us were done within about 20 mins.
We wish you all the best in this journey.
I sent off all the docs for the CoPR today! Hopefully in a few weeks we will have the CoPR and can plan our soft landing in the summer.

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Where are you heading for?
We're hoping for west coast. We love Vancouver, but we're concerned about the expense. We're going to try Calgary in the summer.
But honestly, we love Toronto too and it depends on jobs.
I'm an investigation officer for a medical regulator and my husband is an environmental consultant so we're hoping we can find jobs in those fields.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
We're hoping for west coast. We love Vancouver, but we're concerned about the expense. We're going to try Calgary in the summer.
I'm an investigation officer for a medical regulator and my husband is an environmental consultant so we're hoping we can find jobs in those fields.
If you end up in Toronto, we really should meet for a cuppa before y'all leave haha

Reactions: Nat.wilde

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
We also love Alberta, but we will stay on PEI for a few more years as we don’t want to uproot the kids again so quickly as they are settled into school. But that is where we will end up, most probably Calgary as it has a good amount of jobs within the finance sector for my wife. Nothing on PEI for a mortgage underwriter unfortunately! actually nothing on PEI full stop haha.

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
We also love Alberta, but we will stay on PEI for a few more years as we don’t want to uproot the kids again so quickly as they are settled into school. But that is where we will end up, most probably Calgary as it has a good amount of jobs within the finance sector for my wife. Nothing on PEI for a mortgage underwriter unfortunately! actually nothing on PEI full stop haha.
What have you found the most challenging about the move to PEI? Or just in general?
We just have ourselves to move, and we're emotionally ready to leave the UK but it's definitely a scary prospect of leaving a comfortable life and family friends etc behind

Reactions: RayBear

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
What have you found the most challenging about the move to PEI? Or just in general?
We just have ourselves to move, and we're emotionally ready to leave the UK but it's definitely a scary prospect of leaving a comfortable life and family friends etc behind
Oh definitely it is a scary prospect but once you arrive you will feel a huge relief. Our first night here we slept so well, don’t think we had slept so well in months, it’s absolutely exhausting but worth it.
We have found the most challenging part to be not knowing how things work and the convince of knowing where we would go to get a item or to call to sort things out like in the UK. Things that are second nature in the UK you have to stop and think about here. It is a horrible feeling and personally we think this is the part that made us home sick the most. We soon figured it out but even being here nearly a year we still are learning.
We were so worried about the kids but they have settled into school so well and nearly a year on they still have the English star factor haha.

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Oh definitely it is a scary prospect but once you arrive you will feel a huge relief. Our first night here we slept so well, don’t think we had slept so well in months, it’s absolutely exhausting but worth it.
We have found the most challenging part to be not knowing how things work and the convince of knowing where we would go to get a item or to call to sort things out like in the UK. Things that are second nature in the UK you have to stop and think about here. It is a horrible feeling and personally we think this is the part that made us home sick the most. We soon figured it out but even being here nearly a year we still are learning.
We were so worried about the kids but they have settled into school so well and nearly a year on they still have the English star factor haha.
That's actually really helpful, I have had quite a few people be negative about the move, about how it's going to be so difficult and how were giving up so much here. So it's nice hearing someone say, yeah it can be hard but it's also worth it.
It's only us moving so I guess that makes it easier
Haha being the English stars!I love that

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
That's actually really helpful, I have had quite a few people be negative about the move, about how it's going to be so difficult and how were giving up so much here. So it's nice hearing someone say, yeah it can be hard but it's also worth it.
It's only us moving so I guess that makes it easier
Haha being the English stars!I love that
Belive me some days you will feel really home sick and you will question yourself if you have done the right thing. They say the first 2 years are the hardest and a year in we will agree. But we absolutely love it here, people also asked us why are you leaving the UK, Our answer was simple why wouldn’t you not leave! Its not safe. for us it was for our kids. My wife sometimes forgets where we are when the kids want to go out and play, As I call it she is in uk security mode.. our house backs onto 57 acres so they have great fun. Such a different life.

Reactions: RayBear

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Belive me some days you will feel really home sick and you will question yourself if you have done the right thing. They say the first 2 years are the hardest and a year in we will agree. But we absolutely love it here, people also asked us why are you leaving the UK, Our answer was simple why wouldn’t you not leave! Its not safe. for us it was for our kids. My wife sometimes forgets where we are when the kids want to go out and play, As I call it she is in uk security mode.. our house backs onto 57 acres so they have great fun. Such a different life.
Really interesting to read this conversation! May i ask what kind of job you / your wife have on PEI ? We are planning a road trip through Canada from May onwards (while waiting patiently for the PPR/COPR ;-) ), one of our dream destinations on the route is definitely PEI, but we never considered the possibility of finding a job there / settling there, so quite interesting to read about your life there!

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Really interesting to read this conversation! May i ask what kind of job you / your wife have on PEI ? We are planning a road trip through Canada from May onwards (while waiting patiently for the PPR/COPR ;-) ), one of our dream destinations on the route is definitely PEI, but we never considered the possibility of finding a job there / settling there, so quite interesting to read about your life there!
@Laumyl I’m a long haul truck driver my wife is now looking for a job now we have PR. On my skill level spouses can’t work while I was under a work permit. She is finding that she won’t be able to do what she is qualified in, but is hoping to be able to stay under the financial umbrella.
PEI, is very quiet out of tourist season, on the job front it really depends on your trade. Charlottetown is the capital and Summerside is the next biggest town. Some great pubs in Charlottetown the Churchill arms is a must for a bit of home comforts of a British pub. The fishing villages are beautiful and the beaches are great. The summer is hot but we do get a lovely breeze.

If you want the quiet life PEI is a great place, one negative is wages are on the lowest side and the cost of living is high especially in the tourist season, the fuel prices well this winter 98c a gallon by summer it will be upto 1.40 a gallon! House prices aren’t that bad, for a large 4 bed family home you are looking around $350,000, you can buy a couple of acres for $10,000.
It’s good that you are doing a road trip, it’s always good to fully explore possible different provinces, hope this info is useful on PEI.

Reactions: Laumyl