+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
Hi all
I got passport request on May 14th. I am so excited now as I was expecting much longer waiting time as is the case case for Iranian applicants.

Now there is another issue. I am now outside Canada (Iran) and cannot Return in next two-months. Do you know if I can get visa from Ankara office instead of Ottawa and if a third-party can attend the immigration Office to collect the visa for me? It seems complicated!

Thanks everyone for all the great assistance in this wonderful forum.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
ahmadimo said:
Hi all
I got passport request on May 14th. I am so excited now as I was expecting much longer waiting time as is the case case for Iranian applicants.

Now there is another issue. I am now outside Canada (Iran) and cannot Return in next two-months. Do you know if I can get visa from Ankara office instead of Ottawa and if a third-party can attend the immigration Office to collect the visa for me? It seems complicated!

WOW are you kidding? According to the tracker you got your medicals 1 month ago. That's so exciting!!! and very nice indeed.
I got my medicals last week, and I am so concerned about it, seeing some 6 months time for iranians.

I would say if the deadline for getting the visa is later than 2 months, then wait until you come back. Other wise it does not hurt to email them and ask them to send it to Ankara. But still I would not make it complicated. You may want to consider coming back earlier than 2 months as well.

You may also need to give your bio data. Have you done that? You can do it in Ankara. Third parties are active for getting visas from Ankara. I know they do that for student/work visas. But again I would not trust them for an immigration visa. This is an important thing. Take it serious.

By the way, I sent you a private message.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
yahia.eldemerdash said:
I mentioned in the letter that I worked full time (35 hours/week) in the periods:
July 2004 till Dec 2005 ( equivalent to more than one year)
March 2006 till Dec 2010 ( more than one year)

He misunderstood something, but I do not know what is it?
I wrote my letter guided by the succeeded letters posted on this forum, but I do not if the problem comes from the job title assistant lecturer ....I really I do not know.
Also, it is helpful to contact MP office?
Sorry about the rejection...I agree with parkinson...if you've claimed only TA...then that would seem impossible as, if you were working for TA for 35 hrs/week then they must have been wondering how you would be working towards your PhD...if youve claimed both RA and TA...and listed only the 4-5 duties you mentioned in the forum... then thats too few duties to mention for both RA and TA...and they should be listed separately as they are two different jobs....also TA is usually only during the fall or winter term so in most cases its not continuous (however that might be different in your case)....

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
ahmadimo said:
Hi all

congrats on the passport request:)

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hi Aidina, TyrusX, N_O or any other seniors Please comment on my reference letter. I am a May applicant so might here soon from them.

"This is to certify that Mr. XXX has been a Research Assistant working
towards Ph. D. degree under my supervision at Robarts Research institute from May 2011 until present
(20 hours per week). The annual total salary of XXX is $XXX (CAD) at a rate of
$XXXCAD per hour. He is working to understand how the interactions of two stress hormones
(chemicals released by brain when we are stressed) alter brain function. In addition to the work he does
for his PhD project, he assists me in other projects as well. As a research assistant (NOC-4012) he
assists me in:
 Conducting experiments (Imaging studies, electrophysiology and immunohistochemistry on
human and rat brain tissue) and literature reviews.
 Scheduling experiments and maintaining data records.
 Compiling research results and analyzing data for the preparation of journal articles or papers.
 Writing research articles for publication in peer reviewed journals.
 Attending national and international conferences to present research work representing the lab.
 Supervising undergraduate and high-school students while doing their projects/co-ops in the
lab.
 Co-ordinating with other members of the lab to carry out above mentioned duties.
Mr. XXX is making excellent progress in research assistantships. He is
expected to complete all of the degree requirements for the Ph.D. program by April 2015. If I can be of
any further assistance please contact me through my email or phone number mentioned below."

Do you guys think that I should update it? I have the magic word only once but that applies to all the points written under. Do you think it will work? Thanks

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
WOW are you kidding? According to the tracker you got your medicals 1 month ago. That's so exciting!!! and very nice indeed.
I got my medicals last week, and I am so concerned about it, seeing some 6 months time for iranians.

I would say if the deadline for getting the visa is later than 2 months, then wait until you come back. Other wise it does not hurt to email them and ask them to send it to Ankara. But still I would not make it complicated. You may want to consider coming back earlier than 2 months as well.

You may also need to give your bio data. Have you done that? You can do it in Ankara. Third parties are active for getting visas from Ankara. I know they do that for student/work visas. But again I would not trust them for an immigration visa. This is an important thing. Take it serious.

By the way, I sent you a private message.
Yes thats really amazing how fast it went to passport request. I hope the same thing happens with the other Iranians as well.

They have not requested for Bio data. If I go back to Iran, do you think it is possible to plan a 2-3 days trip to Ankara to get the Visa and then return back to Canada later for landing? Is there anyone that have had the same kind of experience?

I have also replied your private message.

Thanks again

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
Parkinson said:
Could you please share you complete updated ref. letter? It might shed
a light... Did you claim only TA? or both RA and TA? If you only claimed TA, it seems that they could not believe as a TA you performed these duties 35 hours/week.
Actually my ref letter not from my supervisor, it is from an institute in my home country.
I claimed only TA, as this was the title of my job and I could not get another one as a research assistant.
I did not mention the experience here in Canada in my application, as it would not give me enough points to pass.

I will reapply again with a ref letter from my supervisor as a TA/RA. With the new rules two years experience are enough to pass 67.

Please, can you share a succeeded letter with the number of hours. I really confused how can I write that letter.
Also in the application,, shall I mention that I am a full time phd student during this time or working as TA/RA.

Thank you in advance.

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just received my GCMS notes, my due date for eligibility is June 6th.
They have received my updated reference letters.

Thanks for your help :)

superstring

Dec 9, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I noticed a lot of people show their TA experiences in the reference letter by his or her supervisor. However, I doubt the justification for doing this. In term of TA, my supervisor is NOT my employer, the university is. My supervisor has only the authority to prove my work experience as RA. Instead, I think the human resources of the university should be the authority to present a reference letter for TA experience to CIC. Are there any errors or caveats in my point? Is it OK to separate TA and RA experiences into two reference letters? Has anybody in this forum done this kind of thing before? Thanks.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
superstring said:
Hi Everyone,

I noticed a lot of people show their TA experiences in the reference letter by his or her supervisor. However, I doubt the justification for doing this. In term of TA, my supervisor is NOT my employer, the university is. My supervisor has only the authority to prove my work experience as RA. Instead, I think the human resources of the university should be the authority to present a reference letter for TA experience to CIC. Are there any errors or caveats in my point? Is it OK to separate TA and RA experiences into two reference letters? Has anybody in this forum done this kind of thing before? Thanks.
I separated them into two reference letters. The one for RA was signed by my supervisor. The one for TA was signed by the Departmental Advisor for Graduate Students (other Universities may be different). I wrote both letters and presented the letters for signatures. Each letter referenced the other letter, so the two letters combined fully address NOC 4012.

superstring

Dec 9, 2012
climate_modeller said:
I separated them into two reference letters. The one for RA was signed by my supervisor. The one for TA was signed by the Departmental Advisor for Graduate Students (other Universities may be different). I wrote both letters and presented the letters for signatures. Each letter referenced the other letter, so the two letters combined fully address NOC 4012.
Thanks. Btw, what does "AOR" mean?

phahlos

Jul 21, 2013
I sent my application last February. It is now in the visa office. While I was revising the sent forms, I discovered that I have a mistake in my name written in my native language (Schedule A background/Declaration). Do I need to send an update? and if yes, How to do it?

MAKSohag

Apr 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-07-2014
Guys,

Could you update my status from "inactive" to "active" ? BTW, I have still no updates to share with you :(.

Thanks,

Sohag