19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
chakri264 said:
If you have to spend 3000$ just to appeal with no guarantee that it will work its like finding a pearl in the dark. If I were you I would apply again and save that 3000$ towards settlement funds. Unless it is too important that you have to have the PR you can go with that lawyer. Other suggestion is to try several other lawyers take advice, know their fee and then proceed.
This. Don't make this about revenge. Just apply again with a more explicit letter. The lawyer makes money from your case even if you lose.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
This. Don't make this about revenge. Just apply again with a more explicit letter. The lawyer makes money from your case even if you lose.
Same boat here. We all know that this "lead statement" thing does not make any sense. But tons of people in this stream have been rejected because of it. Considering the price to appeal, it may be worth reapplying instead.
But it would be nice to have a lawyer, ANY lawyer take this issue somewhere. If he feels that the case is strong, then it is strong for the majority of the people who got rejected on this forum.

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
aidina said:
Sorry, but no chance.
I have updated the proof of fund yesterday with the required amount for the last 6 months.
I did not received any emails from CIC till now. However, the ECAS still shows Decision made.
The decision was taken last week, is it normal to wait all this time before they send the rejection email?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
After sending two e-mails to Ottawa asking for a confirmation for receiving medical results, I got this reply:

According to our records, your medical reports have been received and they are currently under review with our medical office.

Regards,

Anyways, it is good that they replied and it is also good to know what is going on.

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
I have a question, if the officer reject the application, an email should be sent, or they send a letter (regular mail).
My Ecas shows Decision made and I did not do the medical, which I understand that it is a rejection. This change on Ecas has been done last week. I did not receive anything till now.

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
neuron said:
Got my med done today,hope the following things will go well.

Guys, I think the most tricky problem for PhDs stream applicants is that if you do not have any regular work experience but TA or RA, please prepare your letter carefully by following NOC 4012.

We must embody "you are ASSISTING your professor" to do what ever you did in your PhD study. The key word "assisting" must show in the beginning, then you can list multiple tastes you did according to NOC description. Otherwise, even if your work is amazing, it won't satisfy officer.
OMG~~~

Dear all,

Have gone through recent pages, I am so concerned about my case now. I did NOT use "assisting" in my TA/RA reference letter explicitly when I sent my application last April, and they will be working on my case shortly, they may reject my application for this reason, right? :-[ I am planning to update my reference letter. Here are few questions, please leave me your suggestions.

(1). Is it the right action to take right now?
(2). How should I send the documents (reference letter and up-to-date POF letter) to Ottawa? Scan and then send by email (CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca)? They do not provide an address for PR applications on the website.
(3). What is "GCMS notes"? How to apply?

Thank you guys very much for your help in advance.

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
tandysony said:
OMG~~~

Dear all,

Have gone through recent pages, I am so concerned about my case now. I did NOT use "assisting" in my TA/RA reference letter explicitly when I sent my application last April, and they will be working on my case shortly, they may reject my application for this reason, right? :-[ I am planning to update my reference letter. Here are few questions, please leave me your suggestions.

(1). Is it the right action to take right now?
(2). How should I send the documents (reference letter and up-to-date POF letter) to Ottawa? Scan and then send by email (CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca)? They do not provide an address for PR applications on the website.
(3). What is "GCMS notes"? How to apply?

Thank you guys very much for your help in advance.
You can update your Ref. letter POF by scan them and send by email. They should update you file within 1-3 days.
If you are not sure about your ref. letter, update it immediately.
You can check that by applying GCMS notes. This is can be done online

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

They will send you a PDF after 30 days includes all the notes/ information related to you application.

Good Luck

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
yahia.eldemerdash said:
You can update your Ref. letter POF by scan them and send by email. They should update you file within 1-3 days.
If you are not sure about your ref. letter, update it immediately.
You can check that by applying GCMS notes. This is can be done online

They will send you a PDF after 30 days includes all the notes/ information related to you application.

Good Luck
Thank you, Sir. Much appreciate your tips.

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
I received the rejection mail today :( , it is not related to the fund.

It is the common reason the EXP letter. I have updated my letter on Feb 24, and I believe it includes the leading statement and everything.
My concern is that they did not see the new letter and take the decision based on the old letter.
is it possible to claim that?

I saw on the form few persons who did something like that, please advice
If anyone had the same case, please tell me what I should do

Thank you in advance

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
Hey Guys, I am posting my question again. Please help me in this regard.

I just finished my PhD and got a post-doc position in a university. I applied in this category in OCT2013. What should be my next step. Should I update my file and what should I send to them and how (mail or email) ?

Thanks in advance

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Has this ever happened to you:
I sent an email to CIC and did not receive the auto reply. The email was correct and was their new email. I'm very upset and don't know what to do.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Parkinson said:
I sent an email to CIC and did not receive the auto reply. The email was correct and was their new email. I'm very upset and don't know what to do.
Once I got the auto-reply a day later.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Parkinson said:
once I send them an email and waited for days. Then I realized that my attachment was too large.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
yahia.eldemerdash said:
I have a question, if the officer reject the application, an email should be sent, or they send a letter (regular mail).
My Ecas shows Decision made and I did not do the medical, which I understand that it is a rejection. This change on Ecas has been done last week. I did not receive anything till now.
Sometimes it takes a while.