+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
aidina said:
Sometimes it takes a while.
I received the mail today.. They I my employment letter did not demonstrate that I meet the requirements.....

I have updated my letter on Feb 2014, and I believe it meets the requirements as I wrote:

The main duties are:
1- Assisting Transmission department professors by conducting laboratory sessions and setting up laboratory experiments for the students in MTI POst graduate diploma program.
2- Marking laboratory reports. in the courses (e.g.,.....).
3- conducting seminars and tutorial sessions for courses in different wireless communication technologies.
4- Assist in administering examinations.

I believe the officer did not consider the updated letter.
What can I do in this case based on your experience?

Thank you

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
yahia.eldemerdash said:
I received the mail today.. They I my employment letter did not demonstrate that I meet the requirements.....

I have updated my letter on Feb 2014, and I believe it meets the requirements as I wrote:

The main duties are:
1- Assisting Transmission department professors by conducting laboratory sessions and setting up laboratory experiments for the students in MTI POst graduate diploma program.
2- Marking laboratory reports. in the courses (e.g.,.....).
3- conducting seminars and tutorial sessions for courses in different wireless communication technologies.
4- Assist in administering examinations.

I believe the officer did not consider the updated letter.
What can I do in this case based on your experience?

Thank you
Sorry for your rejection. I think you had the lead statement but not a "substantial number of main duties". You should have both of these. You also mixed the duties of RA and TA. These are considered separately. You should have enough number of duties for each of them.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
The_Prince said:
After sending two e-mails to Ottawa asking for a confirmation for receiving medical results, I got this reply:

According to our records, your medical reports have been received and they are currently under review with our medical office.

Regards,

Anyways, it is good that they replied and it is also good to know what is going on.
Could you please let me know what email address did you use?

Thanks,

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
arian_arian said:
Could you please let me know what email address did you use?

Thanks,
It is the one on the CIC website: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
Parkinson said:
Sorry for your rejection. I think you had the lead statement but not a "substantial number of main duties". You should have both of these. You also mixed the duties of RA and TA. These are considered separately. You should have enough number of duties for each of them.
Actually the officer did not mention that the duties are no enough he said exactly " I am not satisfied that you meet the first part of these requirements as an assistant lecturer or a teacher assistant, from your employment letter you have not demonstrated that you performed at least one year a large scope of these occupations"

First re wrote teacher assistant not teaching assistant which has different meaning in NOC
Second, I do not under his last statement. Is this a common statement added to all the rejection letters???

Tempestleo

Mar 18, 2013
yahia.eldemerdash said:
Actually the officer did not mention that the duties are no enough he said exactly " I am not satisfied that you meet the first part of these requirements as an assistant lecturer or a teacher assistant, from your employment letter you have not demonstrated that you performed at least one year a large scope of these occupations"

First re wrote teacher assistant not teaching assistant which has different meaning in NOC
Second, I do not under his last statement. Is this a common statement added to all the rejection letters???
It seems the officer didn't believe your quantity of work need at least 1950 hrs. How many hours did you claim in the reference letter?

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
I just wanted to tell you that my wife and myself got the visa yesterday, we will be doing the landing this weekend

Thanks everyone for all the help

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
TyrusX said:
once I send them an email and waited for days. Then I realized that my attachment was too large.
Reduced the size of the document to 300KB and sent it again (it is an urgent document). Again no auto reply. It seems that something is wrong with their email system. Has anybody received an auto reply recently?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Parkinson said:
Reduced the size of the document to 300KB and sent it again (it is an urgent document). Again no auto reply. It seems that something is wrong with their email system. Has anybody received an auto reply recently?
Sometimes it takes a while to acknowledge an email. If you sent it two times so far, then I would say to not send it again at least today. Their system may automatically set you as a spammer.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
yahia.eldemerdash said:

What dose "the first part of these requirements" say? dosn't it say:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

So, he believes that your duties as a TA were not done continuously during one year period.

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
Parkinson said:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
Yes, this is the first part.
Do you know the meaning of his statement?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
yahia.eldemerdash said:
Yes, this is the first part.
Do you know the meaning of his statement?
He believes that your work experience was not continuous for at least one year period or your working hours were less than one year (1950 hours).

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
Parkinson said:

So, he believes that your duties as a TA were not done continuously during one year period.
I mentioned in the letter that I worked full time (35 hours/week) in the periods:
July 2004 till Dec 2005 ( equivalent to more than one year)
March 2006 till Dec 2010 ( more than one year)

He misunderstood something, but I do not know what is it?
I wrote my letter guided by the succeeded letters posted on this forum, but I do not if the problem comes from the job title assistant lecturer ....I really I do not know.
Also, it is helpful to contact MP office?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
yahia.eldemerdash said:
I mentioned in the letter that I worked full time (35 hours/week) in the periods:
July 2004 till Dec 2005 ( equivalent to more than one year)
March 2006 till Dec 2010 ( more than one year)

He misunderstood something, but I do not know what is it?
I wrote my letter guided by the succeeded letters posted on this forum, but I do not if the problem comes from the job title assistant lecturer ....I really I do not know.
Also, it is helpful to contact MP office?
Could you please share you complete updated ref. letter? It might shed a light... Did you claim only TA? or both RA and TA? If you only claimed TA, it seems that they could not believe as a TA you performed these duties 35 hours/week.