+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question, I received my passport request on May 14th. Now I am in China and am returning to Vancouver on May 18th. Do you think it is possible if I can go to Ottawa on my return to collect the Visa and then return to Vancouver where I live? I am just not sure if they can stamp the VISA in my passport during my stay in Ottawa. Any suggestion and assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
ahmadimo said:
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question, I received my passport request on May 14th. Now I am in China and am returning to Vancouver on May 18th. Do you think it is possible if I can go to Ottawa on my return to collect the Visa and then return to Vancouver where I live? I am just not sure if they can stamp the VISA in my passport during my stay in Ottawa. Any suggestion and assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

I have no idea. Better to change your trip, and follow a normal procedure.

NB61

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012 RA only
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
(PER) 31-12-2014
Med's Request
31-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
23/03/2015
LANDED..........
14/04/2015
N_O said:
Are you saying that both of the reference letters have the same leading statement and the same duties, but they just approved one of them?!
In fact, both RA experiences were explained in the same reference letter, with the same leading statement and the same duties.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
NB61 said:
In fact, both RA experiences were explained in the same reference letter, with the same leading statement and the same duties.
Was your reference letter written on the letterhead of the institute? If yes, I think this is the reason of rejection, how could it be a proof of job experience if it wasn't issued from the same university, although you have the same supervisor!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
arian_arian said:
Here is the rejection reason that I found in my GCMS.

"PA declares following work experience: 1) Post-secondary Teaching and Research Assistantship (NOC 4012) from JAN2011 to FEB2013 at the University of XXX. Reference letter dated 21JAN2013 lists duties matching a substantial number of the main duties, but not the actions of the lead statement as under selected NOC. There is no evidence PA assisted professors. R75(2)(b) is not met. No other work experience is claimed. The PA does not appear to meet the minimum requirement of one year of skilled work experience. R75(2)(a) is not met"

In this note it says that "Reference letter dated 21JAN2013", However I sent an updated one dated 31Mar2014!

The duties between these two letters are pretty much the same, I just added one more year to it.

Do you think it is good idea to contact them and tell them that they should have considered my updated ref letter?

Thanks guys,
It wouldn't hurt to send them an email, ask them if they have considered your updated letter or not?

NB61

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012 RA only
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
(PER) 31-12-2014
Med's Request
31-01-2015
Med's Done....
04-02-2015
Passport Req..
23/03/2015
LANDED..........
14/04/2015
N_O said:
Was your reference letter written on the letterhead of the institute? If yes, I think this is the reason of rejection, how could it be a proof of job experience if it wasn't issued from the same university, although you have the same supervisor!
Yes, it was written on the letterhead of the institution. I think this could be the reason for the rejection!!!!!!!!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Sadly, yes!
NB61 said:
Yes, it was written on the letterhead of the institution. I think this could be the reason for the rejection!!!!!!!!
Welcome back Hooman2012! No news at all for May applicants.
BTW, you haven't shared your new timeline with us, would you please share it as you promised before :)
hooman2012 said:
Any news for May 2013 applicants?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
N_O said:
Sadly, yes!
Welcome back Hooman2012! No news at all for May applicants.
BTW, you haven't shared your new timeline with us, would you please share it as you promised before :)

Thank you, My timeline is exactly the same as salam20 in the immigration tracker and I am Iranian.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Thank you, My timeline is exactly the same as salam20 in the immigration tracker and I am Iranian.
What about the experience and number of applicants?

Make sure to update your reference letter if it doesn't have the leading statement.

Good luck!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
N_O said:
What about the experience and number of applicants?

Make sure to update your reference letter if it doesn't have the leading statement.

Good luck!
Experience RA only and Number of applicant one.
And my reference letter does not have any problem. However, I already updated it once. on the lead statement it has "Assisting ME in what ever" and in the responsibilities I have several time Assist, compile, conduct, survay, literature, experiments and all of the key words.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Experience RA only and Number of applicant one.
And my reference letter does not have any problem. However, I already updated it once. on the lead statement it has "Assisting ME in what ever" and in the responsibilities I have several time Assist, compile, conduct, survay, literature, experiments and all of the key words.
Sounds great!
Good luck!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
chakri264 said:
Hi Aidina, TyrusX, N_O or any other seniors Please comment on my reference letter. I am a May applicant so might here soon from them.

"This is to certify that Mr. XXX has been a Research Assistant working
towards Ph. D. degree under my supervision at Robarts Research institute from May 2011 until present
(20 hours per week). The annual total salary of XXX is $XXX (CAD) at a rate of
$XXXCAD per hour. He is working to understand how the interactions of two stress hormones
(chemicals released by brain when we are stressed) alter brain function. In addition to the work he does
for his PhD project, he assists me in other projects as well. As a research assistant (NOC-4012) he
assists me in:
 Conducting experiments (Imaging studies, electrophysiology and immunohistochemistry on
human and rat brain tissue) and literature reviews.
 Scheduling experiments and maintaining data records.
 Compiling research results and analyzing data for the preparation of journal articles or papers.
 Writing research articles for publication in peer reviewed journals.
 Attending national and international conferences to present research work representing the lab.
 Supervising undergraduate and high-school students while doing their projects/co-ops in the
lab.
 Co-ordinating with other members of the lab to carry out above mentioned duties.
Mr. XXX is making excellent progress in research assistantships. He is
expected to complete all of the degree requirements for the Ph.D. program by April 2015. If I can be of
any further assistance please contact me through my email or phone number mentioned below."

Do you guys think that I should update it? I have the magic word only once but that applies to all the points written under. Do you think it will work? Thanks
I think you were so obsessed with the word "assist" , that you included it even in duties which you should do by yourself like conducting experiments and...Don't forget that you not only should have the lead statement; but also a substantial number of main duties.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
arian_arian said:
In this note it says that "Reference letter dated 21JAN2013", However I sent an updated one dated 31Mar2014!

The duties between these two letters are pretty much the same, I just added one more year to it.

Do you think it is good idea to contact them and tell them that they should have considered my updated ref letter?

Thanks guys,
Is it mentioned in your GCMS that your updated ref. letter was attached to your file?