+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

b.mahal

Oct 23, 2013
Hi Admin,

Please update my status on tracker.

My application got returned from CIC because I had not copies of my Master's degree and transcripts. I had only the Equivalent Canadian Assessment included in the file which is obviously not enough.

Application returned on 2013-12-20
New application sent: 2014-01-23
Name on Spreadsheet: B.Mahal

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
chakri264 said:
There is nothing to worry about. Your application is absolutely going fine. We look to receive the PER email to change the tuition fee to domestic from international. Some universities do not consider the PER email to change the tuition fee to domestic any more. If your university consider PER to change your status to domestic then you have to email CIO, Sydney. In my case I emailed CIO, Sydney for PER and they sent me mine.
Thanks. So in my case the PER email is not important, because my tuition fee is waived :)

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
b.mahal said:
Hi Admin,

Please update my status on tracker.

My application got returned from CIC because I had not copies of my Master's degree and transcripts. I had only the Equivalent Canadian Assessment included in the file which is obviously not enough.

Application returned on 2013-12-20
New application sent: 2014-01-23
Name on Spreadsheet: B.Mahal
Hi b.mahal,

Was that the date your application was sent by you or received by the CIO? And can you also share what country you're from, so I can update your info on the spreadsheet?

vivi said:
Thanks. So in my case the PER email is not important, because my tuition fee is waived :)
If you are in Ontario, you can use your PER email to also get the provincial health care coverage (which would save about 230 bucks per academic term, since you wouldn't have to pay for UHIP anymore).

And I agree that most PhD students, typically, won't have to worry about international tuition fee, since schools usually provide international fee differential waivers. But some departments provide a little higher (base) funding for local students vs international students, so the difference may still be pretty significant (in my case, I think after OHIP and everything else, local students at the end made about 100 to 150 dollars more per month).

MarMar20

Jul 5, 2012
Hi,

I also recently renewed my passport. Do we need update CPP-Ottawa on this?

Jubayer said:
Hi,

I recently renewed my passport and wanted to update CPP-Ottawa. Can someone help me with the following questions:

1. Are a cover letter and the copy of the passport enough?
2. Where (address) to send these documents?

You can direct me to a link if that exists. Thanks.

Jubayer

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Jubayer said:
Hi,

I recently renewed my passport and wanted to update CPP-Ottawa. Can someone help me with the following questions:

Jubayer
Hi Jubayer,

I had renewed my passport as well. You just need a cover letter and the first and last page of your new passport which give all the details. you can email it to OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
sgtrigger said:
Hi Jubayer,

I had renewed my passport as well. You just need a cover letter and the first and last page of your new passport which give all the details. you can email it to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Send email and post both. I sent the file as a single file with both old and new passport as I have to staple them together as per my country's rules and my visas are in my old one. One other thing I did proactively was send a new PCC for my new passport number as I renewed it when I was visiting home. That proved no adverse report when I stayed home for a month and also the new passport was not procured to evade law as the passporty number is flagged when you are wanted and are prevented from leaving the country. If you had it renewed within Canada, then it is ok as then you did not leave Canada and hence have no criminal charges during your absence period. It happened to one of my friends, he was asked for another PCC as he visited home and he was told they want to know whether he committed an offence or not during his stay and is not absconding, though the PCC he submitted was still valid.

aysuda

Jul 2, 2013
Hi Jubayar,

I see that you applied in Jan 2013. Have you got any documents request from CIC so far ? There is no news from Jan 2013 applicants after their file number.

Thanks,

Jubayer said:
Hi,

Jubayer

hemavet

Jan 21, 2014
Hi admin,

First, could you please add me to the spread sheet.
Name: hemavet
File received by CIO: 2 / 1 / 2014

Second, I have a question about how to change the visa office which will process my file, as I select the regional visa office and I would like CCP Ottawa to process it.

Thanks

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Oh God! After 4 months and 11 days my application is returned to me, and I cannot check my application status online anymore. I had submitted my application on September 12, 2013; the money order has been cached on December 4. From December 9 I could check my application status online which showed that it is under process. But today I got my whole returned application in my mail box from George ST, Sydney NS, B1P 1J3, with this letter on top of it:
----------------------------------
You have identified National Occupational Classification (NOC) code: 2281 – Computer Network technicians as the primary occupation to be assessed. All employment letters and supporting documentation provided regarding this work experience history were taken into consideration. You have not provided sufficient evidence that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time, or equivalent part-time, paid work experience in the primary occupation in the last ten years.
Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have a minimum of one year of continuous full-time, or equivalent part-time, paid work experience in the occupation in the last ten years.
Note: Any reference to work experience in a NOC code other than the primary occupation identified on your application has not been assessed pursuant to R(10) of IRPA.
As your application does not meet the requirements of R(10) of IRPA, it is considered incomplete and is being returned to you for this reason.
The processing fee and, if applicable, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you paid are refundable. You will receive a cheque within 12 to 16 weeks OR, if you paid by credit card you will receive a credit on the credit card provided within 12 to 16 weeks.
-------------------------
This is my work experience letter:

May 8, 2013
To whom it may concern:
This is to certify that Mrs. XXXX was an employee of XXXX Company, as a Computer Network Technician. She was working from October 7, 2006 to August 31, 2007, and from October 2, 2010 to August 19, 2011, as a full-time employee, 43 hours per week, and from September 6, 2008 to August 27, 2010, as a part-time employee, 6 hours per week. Her key duties and main responsibilities were following:
• Maintaining, troubleshooting and administering the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), computer workstations and connections to the Internet.
• Installing networking software and software applications.
• Monitoring the performance of computer systems and networks.
• Coordinating access and use of computer networks.
• Providing problem-solving services to network users.
Her salary and benefits were paid as follows in accordance with XXXX Company:
• XXXX per month from October 7, 2006 through March 20, 2007
• XXXX per month from March 21, 2007 through August 31, 2007
• XXXX per month from September 6, 2008 through March 20, 2009
• XXXX per month from March 21, 2009 through March 20, 2010
• XXXX per month from March 21, 2010 through August 27, 2010
• XXXX per month from October 2, 2010 through March 20, 2011
• XXXX per month from March 21, 2011 through August 19, 2011
If you have any further questions regarding Mrs. XXXX please contact me without hesitation.

Sincerely,
XXXX,
XXXX C.E.O.

Email: XXXX
Tell: XXXX
Cell phone: XXXX
---------------------------------------
I also had provided a RA letter from my supervisor that shows I have been RA for 2 years. What is wrong with my work experience supporting documents? What should I do now? I do not have anything more to provide! I am extremely disappointed now :((

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
vahid_smiler said:
Oh God! After 4 months and 11 days my application is returned to me, and I cannot check my application status online anymore. I had submitted my application on September 12, 2013; the money order has been cached on December 4. From December 9 I could check my application status online which showed that it is under process. But today I got my whole returned application in my mail box from George ST, Sydney NS, B1P 1J3, with this letter on top of it:
----------------------------------
With first quick look, I would agree with the officer as your work in the said category is not continuous for one year, viz Oct 2006 to Aug 2007, and then Oct 2010 to August 2011. Remaining time was part time. So it was not uninterrupted full time work. Also RA work claimed won't be under the same NOC code stated by you. Only RA work is being considered being part time as you are a full time student. With no full time student status, part time work cant be counted as for example 2 years amounting to 1 or something. Your work as comp tech looks more as seasonal work owing to similar dates of work in those time periods.

Fix your timelines or provide more documentation to them for continuous one year work. Remember its a skilled worker category. Even if was accepted, it would be rejected at CPP-O. you didnt share RA letter. Fix them and see if you have continuous one year, else even if it goes to CPP-O, its like living in a mirage. It will be rejected after one year or so. Bank on RA exp if it amounts to one full year in hours (see earlier posts). 6 hours/week as part time is hard to explain.

Just being the devil's advocate.

Take help from this forum as much as possible.

Best of luck.

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Stuck In Quebec said:
With first quick look, I would agree with the officer as your work in the said category is not continuous for one year, viz Oct 2006 to Aug 2007, and then Oct 2010 to August 2011. Remaining time was part time. So it was not uninterrupted full time work. Also RA work claimed won't be under the same NOC code stated by you. Only RA work is being considered being part time as you are a full time student. With no full time student status, part time work cant be counted as for example 2 years amounting to 1 or something. Your work as comp tech looks more as seasonal work owing to similar dates of work in those time periods.

Fix your timelines or provide more documentation to them for continuous one year work. Remember its a skilled worker category. Even if was accepted, it would be rejected at CPP-O. you didnt share RA letter. Fix them and see if you have continuous one year, else even if it goes to CPP-O, its like living in a mirage. It will be rejected after one year or so. Bank on RA exp if it amounts to one full year in hours (see earlier posts). 6 hours/week as part time is hard to explain.

Just being the devil's advocate.

Take help from this forum as much as possible.

Best of luck.
I do not have 1 year gap between my previous studies (I have maximum 8 months gap). That is the reason why my work experience is like this. Can I provide another letter and show that 4 months out of my 12 months continuous full-time work experience has overlap to my full-time studying when I was a master student? Or its better to provide another letter and show that I had 3 years continuous part-time work experience during my studying (without putting any full-time work experience in my letter)?
Below is my RA work experience letter. Would you please look at it as well and let me know if it has any problem?

-------------------------------
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
September 9, 2013
To whom it may concern:
It is my pleasure to write this letter in support of Mrs. XXXX’s application for Permanent Residency in Canada.
Mrs. XXXX joined my research group in the Faculty of Computer Science at XXXX University in September 1th, 2011 to pursue her doctoral studies leading to a PhD degree in Computer Science. She has also served in the capacity of a full time, 40 hours per week, Research Assistant (RA) since then. Her duties include conducting literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications.
Mrs. XXXX also carried out Teaching Assistant (TA) duties from time to time, which include marking assignments, preparing materials and tutorial sessions, given tutorials, and assessing term project results.
The total stipend to Mrs. XXXX has been at a rate of $30,000.00 per year.
Mrs. XXXX has completed her PhD program course requirement, successfully defended her Research Aptitude Defence exam. She is currently making very good progress toward her PhD Thesis Proposal Defence exam, which will be hold in Winter 2014. Based on her research work, Mrs. XXXX has published two fully reviewed papers in top tier international conferences. I am confident that Mrs. XXXX will be successful in producing a high quality PhD dissertation and additional scholarly publications.
Your faithfully,

Dr. XXX
Professor
XXXX University
Faculty of Computer Science
-----------------------------------

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vahid_smiler said:
I do not have 1 year gap between my previous studies (I have maximum 8 months gap). That is the reason why my work experience is like this. Can I provide another letter and show that 4 months out of my 12 months continuous full-time work experience has overlap to my full-time studying when I was a master student? Or its better to provide another letter and show that I had 3 years continuous part-time work experience during my studying (without putting any full-time work experience in my letter)?
Below is my RA work experience letter. Would you please look at it as well and let me know if it has any problem?

-------------------------------
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
September 9, 2013
To whom it may concern:
It is my pleasure to write this letter in support of Mrs. XXXX's application for Permanent Residency in Canada.
Mrs. XXXX joined my research group in the Faculty of Computer Science at XXXX University in September 1th, 2011 to pursue her doctoral studies leading to a PhD degree in Computer Science. She has also served in the capacity of a full time, 40 hours per week, Research Assistant (RA) since then. Her duties include conducting literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications.
Mrs. XXXX also carried out Teaching Assistant (TA) duties from time to time, which include marking assignments, preparing materials and tutorial sessions, given tutorials, and assessing term project results.
The total stipend to Mrs. XXXX has been at a rate of $30,000.00 per year.
Mrs. XXXX has completed her PhD program course requirement, successfully defended her Research Aptitude Defence exam. She is currently making very good progress toward her PhD Thesis Proposal Defence exam, which will be hold in Winter 2014. Based on her research work, Mrs. XXXX has published two fully reviewed papers in top tier international conferences. I am confident that Mrs. XXXX will be successful in producing a high quality PhD dissertation and additional scholarly publications.
Your faithfully,

Dr. XXX
Professor
XXXX University
Faculty of Computer Science
-----------------------------------
As a sidenote, you're extremely lucky that this was returned to you and considered "incomplete" at the stage - most of us had to wait for over a year to get the exact same email and apply all over again.

You would likely have to change your NOC and use 4012 as your main one (RA), especially for this stream.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
ASG said:
As a sidenote, you're extremely lucky that this was returned to you and considered "incomplete" at the stage - most of us had to wait for over a year to get the exact same email and apply all over again.

You would likely have to change your NOC and use 4012 as your main one (RA), especially for this stream.
Absolutely. Nowadays they're doing it much more wise and fair than they did in the first year.

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
ASG said:

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Absolutely. Nowadays they're doing it much more wise and fair than they did in the first year.
Thanks ASG and hamed_hamed_hamed.
I agree with you that its better to just change the main and the second NOC, so RA would be my main work experience and my current main job letter would be my secondary work experience. What do you think?
By the way, do you guys think that if I ask my company to change the duration of my work in my work experience letter, then CIC would compare my previous letter with the new letter? I am asking because I could check my application status online, so maybe CIC keep the record of my previous application.
Thanks

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
vahid_smiler said:
Thanks ASG and hamed_hamed_hamed.
I agree with you that its better to just change the main and the second NOC, so RA would be my main work experience and my current main job letter would be my secondary work experience. What do you think?
By the way, do you guys think that if I ask my company to change the duration of my work in my work experience letter, then CIC would compare my previous letter with the new letter? I am asking because I could check my application status online, so maybe CIC keep the record of my previous application.
Thanks
Ups, this is misrepresentation and it has serious consequences. Do not do that.