+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
aidina said:
I never contacted the MP. I just sent them an e-mail without complaining. Just said I am wondering wether the officer considered my updated letter or not, and after 3 weeks got the message that they have never received my letter, and so on.
Hi, Aidina,
How is your case going right now? From your spreadsheet record, you withdraw your new application. Did they reopen your old case? If it is the case, good for you. Your case are very valuable for us, because I also updated my reference letter after the original application.

Thank you for sharing.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
cdhbamboo said:
Hi, Aidina,
How is your case going right now? From your spreadsheet record, you withdraw your new application. Did they reopen your old case? If it is the case, good for you. Your case are very valuable for us, because I also updated my reference letter after the original application.

Thank you for sharing.
I have shared my experience several times so far :). Yes, they re-opened my first application, and it is still in process after 23 month. I did the medical examination 7 month ago, but still no pass request. What do you exactly need?

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
aidina said:
I have shared my experience several times so far :). Yes, they re-opened my first application, and it is still in process after 23 month. I did the medical examination 7 month ago, but still no pass request. What do you exactly need?
That's good enough. I just missed some posts. It it is good to know that your case has been reopened.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
arm739 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I applied on March 08 2013 under PhD stream. My CC got charged on March 18 2013. I did not hear from CIC until August 2013 when they asked for some supporting documents such as field of study, detailed contact information of my supervisor, etc. I provided them with the required documents and so far I have not been updated any more. The status of my application now is "in Progress" and when I click on that link It say "1. we received your application on March 08, 2013". Is it the same for everyone? I do not know how long I should be waiting to hear from them!!! Does access to information help to see what is the status of my application? Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,
Yes, this is the same for everyone. Your case was even faster than others. Some applicants who applied before you have not received Doc request yet. You can check the tracker to compare your case with others. CIC usually does some actions after doc request. To find out what they did, Apply for GCMS under privacy act as soon as possible. You can find your due date and other useful information from it. You can also find out if your work experience was accepted or not; so you can update it if needed. Based on CIC website waiting time is now 25 months.
Would you mind please sharing more details about your application with us... like kind of your work experience(RA/TA or other), nationality, number of applicants...?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
arm739 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. I applied on March 08 2013 under PhD stream. My CC got charged on March 18 2013. I did not hear from CIC until August 2013 when they asked for some supporting documents such as field of study, detailed contact information of my supervisor, etc. I provided them with the required documents and so far I have not been updated any more. The status of my application now is "in Progress" and when I click on that link It say "1. we received your application on March 08, 2013". Is it the same for everyone? I do not know how long I should be waiting to hear from them!!! Does access to information help to see what is the status of my application? Any comment is appreciated.

Thanks,
They must sent you a PER email but you missed it, as you got a document request on Aug 2013. The next time you'll hear from them will be after March 2014, if they approved your application you'll receive the medicals request.

BTW, would you like to be added to the spreadsheet? If yes, please post your dates and informations here.

Good luck!

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I would like to thank you all for your advice.
Now it is clear that the cic did not see nor consider my updated work exp. letters. I reply to their confirmation emails in order to ask about the updated work exp.
- There is one thing that I did not think of. The cic might have not considered the updated work exp. letters because there is a little possibility of contradiction. The old work exp letters shows table of hours and salary for each job. The HR guys insisted on it that way. But the new updated letters follow the templates that were explained on the forum frequently. But I think if they get the updated letters they should ignore the old ones and that is it, unless it is considered misrepresentation.
- I will see if the MP can help.
Note: I did not get a medical request but the medical report I mentioned was for something else.
Again, thank you for your help.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
POE= Proof of Education. If it is Proof of Employment, then guys who updated their ref. letter should have it in their GCMS. As far as I know they don't have it, unless they sent PhD information too. What do you think?

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
beh467 said:
Regarding the error in original entry date on my COPR, I told the officer and showed the stamp on my passport as the proof. The officer told that she has corrected the error on their system.
Oh, I just realized I also have this problem. I guess I'll just have to send a CoPR amendment request since I already landed. It would have saved me 6 months if I had asked the officer to correct it when I landed.

Congratulation! And good luck..

hemavet

Jan 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am a PhD student here in Canada and I just realize that the visa office, which I select for processing my application is wrong. As according what I read that CPP Ottawa should be the visa office, but I select the visa office in my country.
Any one know what is the effect of this mistake in my application processing.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hemavet said:
Hi Guys,

I am a PhD student here in Canada and I just realize that the visa office, which I select for processing my application is wrong. As according what I read that CPP Ottawa should be the visa office, but I select the visa office in my country.
Any one know what is the effect of this mistake in my application processing.
Nothing. You could choose either one.

arm739

Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
4012-2134-4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 8th, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 29th, 2013
IELTS Request
Along with Application
Med's Request
July 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
August 1st, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 22th, 2014
I had both RA/TA, previous full time job in Iran and my wife is accompanying me here in Canada. So, basically we are two applicants.
Application reached CIO: March 08, 2013
CC charged: March 18, 2013
PER issued : March 18, 2013
Doc Request: 29 July, 2013

Please add me to the spread sheet.

Is GCMS Access to information which can be ordered from CIC web site? What are the advantages and disadvantages? and What is also due date?

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hello Guys

I landed today with S_Govind at Fort Erie. Driving experience and directions were same as the earlier posts. The landing experience was good and took 10 mins and the agent was kinda pleasant. I messed up at the customs as I wanted to have a declaration signed for stuff I want to bring in but they didn't sign it as I did not have appraisals done and pics etc. So if you plan to have that get all the docs ready. I got a big lecture too regarding that for not doing the homework properly. One of the two agent was very nice and helpful. Well it was a last minute advice I acted on and wont loose much on excise when I bring the stuff from my home country.

Overall a good experience.

I would like to thank all the members, new and old, past and present, active and inactive for their advices and inputs and sharing their experiences. I personally was benefited by updating my ref letters and making timely amends to my application.

I will be around the forum and check every now and then and if needed, please PM me for immediate attention.

Thanks a lot again and best of luck to everyone. All things will fall in place and work in your favor. Have patience. I should have been applying for my passport lest for the Quebec fiasco. But anyhow, patience is the key.

Finally not stuck in quebec anymore.

Please update the tracker

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
salem10 said:
The letter above suggested that it was written by the applicant and singed by supervisor. It says "Assisting the professor ..." If it was written by the supervisor s/he will say "Assisting me" or Assissting in .."
Furthermore, you mentioned that you worked 40hrs/week. This is might over estimated as you are a full time student!!! So, you kill your letter here as there is no logic.
The case office may did not liked this tone in the language and the over estimated hrs. He might came with a conclusion that he is not satisfied.
After initial intro, third person narrative style writing by a first person is normal, Also as S_Govind pointed out, its accepted letter. Also it was discussed on the forum that cut copying pasting from hrsds website is not good for the letter.

40 hrs/ weeks is not an overestimation Its the new requirement. I wrote 40hrs/week and also overtime which was not paid clearly in my letter, which was accepted. 40 hrs/week comes from 8 hours per week, 5 days a week= 40 hrs. It included 1 hour lunch period. So everywhere it was changed to 35 hours/week as technically you dont work during lunch hour so why pay. So 1X5= 5 hrs. Hence the diff. I think like this your hourly pay goes up and makes grad students feel good. Just a little conspiracy theory with this new rule I was making same as someone at McD and before I was making less than the same. Nonetheless claim whatever you can provide proof for and rememeber that these people are not idiots, so try not to exaggerate.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Was wondering what happened to Kazi. Long time no see (hear). Does anyone know him personally??