+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hemavet

Jan 21, 2014
aidina said:
Nothing. You could choose either one.
Thanks aidina for your replay.
But I had contacted with a lawyer and he told me that the CIO will automatically forward your application to CCP Ottawa even you select your regional visa office as you already live in Canada and your study permit still valid for 2 years.
Do you have an idea, if this right or not. As I don't know that I should select the CCP instead of the regional visa office.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hemavet said:
Thanks aidina for your replay.
But I had contacted with a lawyer and he told me that the CIO will automatically forward your application to CCP Ottawa even you select your regional visa office as you already live in Canada and your study permit still valid for 2 years.
Do you have an idea, if this right or not. As I don't know that I should select the CCP instead of the regional visa office.
He is wrong. You can choose either Ottawa or the visa office responsible for your home country.

hemavet

Jan 21, 2014
aidina said:
He is wrong. You can choose either Ottawa or the visa office responsible for your home country.
Thanks again aidina,
Actually, I hope he is right as I told you before I select my regional visa office because I don't know that the CCP can process my file. I think the processing time will be longer in regional visa office than CCP.
Do you know if I can change that?

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my passport request today.

I received several emails asking me the explanation of intention living out of the Quebec. Sorry for the delay in replying you due to internet problem.

My case is my family have moved out of Quebec, and are currently living in another province. Therefore that was not a problem for us to explain that.

GeographyPhD

Sep 29, 2013
Hi, I"m keen to know more about this GCMS privacy act. What is it? Thanks!

Parkinson said:
Yes, this is the same for everyone. Your case was even faster than others. Some applicants who applied before you have not received Doc request yet. You can check the tracker to compare your case with others. CIC usually does some actions after doc request. To find out what they did, Apply for GCMS under privacy act as soon as possible. You can find your due date and other useful information from it. You can also find out if your work experience was accepted or not; so you can update it if needed. Based on CIC website waiting time is now 25 months.
Would you mind please sharing more details about your application with us... like kind of your work experience(RA/TA or other), nationality, number of applicants...?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maytheflower said:

I received several emails asking me the explanation of intention living out of the Quebec. Sorry for the delay in replying you due to internet problem.

My case is my family have moved out of Quebec, and are currently living in another province. Therefore that was not a problem for us to explain that.

Congrats!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hello Guys

I landed today with S_Govind at Fort Erie. Driving experience and directions were same as the earlier posts. The landing experience was good and took 10 mins and the agent was kinda pleasant. I messed up at the customs as I wanted to have a declaration signed for stuff I want to bring in but they didn't sign it as I did not have appraisals done and pics etc. So if you plan to have that get all the docs ready. I got a big lecture too regarding that for not doing the homework properly. One of the two agent was very nice and helpful. Well it was a last minute advice I acted on and wont loose much on excise when I bring the stuff from my home country.

Overall a good experience.

I would like to thank all the members, new and old, past and present, active and inactive for their advices and inputs and sharing their experiences. I personally was benefited by updating my ref letters and making timely amends to my application.

I will be around the forum and check every now and then and if needed, please PM me for immediate attention.

Thanks a lot again and best of luck to everyone. All things will fall in place and work in your favor. Have patience. I should have been applying for my passport lest for the Quebec fiasco. But anyhow, patience is the key.

Finally not stuck in quebec anymore.

Please update the tracker
Congrats!

When did you receive your passport back? I need that to update the tracker.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
N_O said:
Congrats!

When did you receive your passport back? I need that to update the tracker.
I got it on 16th and S_Govind got it on 20th.

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Hello guys,

I have submitted my application on September 13, 2013 and my money order has been cashed on December 4, 2013, but so far I have not got the PER email. I can check my application status online, which shows it is under process since September 13, 2013. I called CIC in this matter, I was told to contact Ottawa (he even didn't know that I have to get the PER email. He just told me if I can check my application status online then everything is fine). I sent two emails to Ottawa and Sydney 20 days ago, but have not got any response so far. Should I start being worried now? Or because I can check my application status online, the PER email is not important for me any more and I should forget that email?

Thanks

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
Hi,

I recently renewed my passport and wanted to update CPP-Ottawa. Can someone help me with the following questions:

1. Are a cover letter and the copy of the passport enough?
2. Where (address) to send these documents?

You can direct me to a link if that exists. Thanks.

Jubayer

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
vahid_smiler said:
Hello guys,

I have submitted my application on September 13, 2013 and my money order has been cashed on December 4, 2013, but so far I have not got the PER email. I can check my application status online, which shows it is under process since September 13, 2013. I called CIC in this matter, I was told to contact Ottawa (he even didn't know that I have to get the PER email. He just told me if I can check my application status online then everything is fine). I sent two emails to Ottawa and Sydney 20 days ago, but have not got any response so far. Should I start being worried now? Or because I can check my application status online, the PER email is not important for me any more and I should forget that email?

Thanks
There is nothing to worry about. Your application is absolutely going fine. We look to receive the PER email to change the tuition fee to domestic from international. Some universities do not consider the PER email to change the tuition fee to domestic any more. If your university consider PER to change your status to domestic then you have to email CIO, Sydney. In my case I emailed CIO, Sydney for PER and they sent me mine.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Jubayer said:
Hi,

I recently renewed my passport and wanted to update CPP-Ottawa. Can someone help me with the following questions:

1. Are a cover letter and the copy of the passport enough?
2. Where (address) to send these documents?

You can direct me to a link if that exists. Thanks.

Jubayer
You can write up a cover letter mentioning your file number, Client ID, Full name, Address, Date of birth that your passport has been renewed and you are updating the new one with this email. You can attach the soft copy of the email and send it to ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca. You can also mail photocopies of the passport with a cover letter to the physical address of CPP, Ottawa at Case processing pilot, Ottawa; 219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th Floor, Section-B, Ottawa, ON-K1A 1L1.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
maytheflower said:

Congrats, its maximum 2 weeks for you when you send in your passport. Did your family move out of Quebec just for this purpose or your spouse/partner got a job and you will be uniting with them, how did you present it? Please do share.