14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
erfan1985 said:
Guys! IELTS wants prove that I have applied to CIC in order to provide me with 2 results sheets. How could I provide proof while I have not applied yet? Or you could apply before sending in your IELTS certificate, and sending it later? if so, how long after??????????
I agree it's a stupid policy when you pay to them but they don't give you the result. Send your docs to CIC, then you'll get a fee receipt, send its copy to ielts as proof.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
meyakanor said:
I think it's possible. In fact, a lot of us with only TA/RA experience have probably not shown any continuous full-time experience as well
I wholeheartedly disagree !. The devil is in the details here ...

The OP has accumulated 10 months in part time experience and this would certainly not translate into one year worth of continuous full time experience. On the other hand, if one has 12 months worth of part time experience, he/she would automatically satisfy the minimum requirement.

As for my case as a RA/TA,my job description letter clearly stated that in the first year of my program 50% of time was spent on courses and 50% on RA. Once all course requirements were completed, I was a full time RA by virtue of contributing to my research. The sum total of all this was the following

a. I had continuous part time experience for the first year
b. Beyond the first year, I had full time employment as a Research Assistant

Furthermore, discontinuous period(s) of work cannot be combined to satisfy the minimum requirement .

erfan1985

Feb 10, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I agree it's a stupid policy when you pay to them but they don't give you the result. Send your docs to CIC, then you'll get a fee receipt, send its copy to ielts as proof.
You mean after I get the IELTS results, I send the CIC receipt to the IELTS organization, and then they provide me with a new certificate?

By the way, did u send ur national ID? I have my Birth certificate translated. isn't that enough? or I got to send national ID as well? what about military exemption card?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
S_Govind said:
I wholeheartedly disagree !. The devil is in the details here ...

The OP has accumulated 10 months in part time experience and this would certainly not translate into one year worth of continuous full time experience. On the other hand, if one has 12 months worth of part time experience, he/she would automatically satisfy the minimum requirement.

As for my case as a RA/TA,my job description letter clearly stated that in the first year of my program 50% of time was spent on courses and 50% on RA. Once all course requirements were completed, I was a full time RA by virtue of contributing to my research. The sum total of all this was the following

a. I had continuous part time experience for the first year
b. Beyond the first year, I had full time employment as a Research Assistant

Furthermore, discontinuous period(s) of work cannot be combined to satisfy the minimum requirement .
Well, he did say that his work experience was continuous.

I agree that you cannot combine discontinuous work experiences to satisfy the one continuous full-time year of work experience, but what happened in his case was that, he worked first as a part time employee, then switched his status to full-time, all without breaks! so long that you have more than one year worth of work experience in this case, you're fine. Of course if at any given week, you worked more than 30 hours, you can only count up to 30 hours for that week.

So to sum up, the whole thing was just a single work experience. He worked for 14 months for the same company as a part-time employee, and WITHOUT breaks, he switched to being full-time. The combined total number of hours he got here should exceed one year worth of full-time work experience, and his experience was continuous. I don't see how this could lead to an issue.

As I mentioned, my TA/RA experience was never, even for one week, full-time, and the hours were variable. Some terms I would work as TA/RA, in some, only RA, but I never had any breaks, so I accumulated enough hours to satisfy the minimum requirements, thus, they accepted it and I got my PR.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
erfan1985 said:
Guys! IELTS wants prove that I have applied to CIC in order to provide me with 2 results sheets. How could I provide proof while I have not applied yet? Or you could apply before sending in your IELTS certificate, and sending it later? if so, how long after??????????
When I chooses 2 copies, while submitting the application. Staff called me and told the .. among those 2 copies .. one will be open and another will be in a seal envelop (which I should use for immigration application)

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Hello guys,

Can I present a work experience letter indicating that I had a full-time job exactly at the same time when I was a full-time master student?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
vahid_smiler said:
Can I present a work experience letter indicating that I had a full-time job exactly at the same time when I was a full-time master student?
You could show that you were a full time research assistant assuming your course requirements were completed. That is, you work full time on-campus as a RA/TA. Other than this, assuming you are only on a study permit and do not have an off-campus work permit, there is no way you can show full time employment outside the campus. If you do, the obvious question is: how do you work full time off campus and simultaneously work as a RA in your lab ? ( A clear case of non-compliance with IRPA).

If I am missing something,You will have to provide more details so as to elicit an appropriate response from the forum

unruffledterry

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
07-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Thanks all for your response. Well I will apply (not as if I have a choice anyway, hahaha) and hopefully give some feedback to the house which might help answer the question of whether or not cases like mine meet with the work experience requirement. My guess is that since part time work is accepted, I see no reason why a combination of CONTINUOUS part time and full time work WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER over a two year period should not suffice. Anyway, thanks again.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
erfan1985 said:
You mean after I get the IELTS results, I send the CIC receipt to the IELTS organization, and then they provide me with a new certificate?

By the way, did u send ur national ID? I have my Birth certificate translated. isn't that enough? or I got to send national ID as well? what about military exemption card?

Yes, ielts should send you the result once you sent them the fee receipt for your submitted application. Then you can send it to CIC.
Some sent the ID some others did not.
For military, they only ask if we passed it or not. If you did not pass it, no need to bother with exemption stuff.

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
S_Govind said:
You could show that you were a full time research assistant assuming your course requirements were completed. That is, you work full time on-campus as a RA/TA. Other than this, assuming you are only on a study permit and do not have an off-campus work permit, there is no way you can show full time employment outside the campus. If you do, the obvious question is: how do you work full time off campus and simultaneously work as a RA in your lab ? ( A clear case of non-compliance with IRPA).

If I am missing something,You will have to provide more details so as to elicit an appropriate response from the forum
Yes you are right! But I mean if I can present a work experience letter indicating that I had a full-time job exactly at the same time when I was a full-time master student in my home country, not in Canada?

Blackhorse

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Hi,

I got my PER in Feb 2013 and recently I received my second CAIPS which shows that even eligibility is not started!
Its more than one year after submitting my application! does any one have the same problem? any suggestions!?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Blackhorse said:
Hi,

I got my PER in Feb 2013 and recently I received my second CAIPS which shows that even eligibility is not started!
Its more than one year after submitting my application! does any one have the same problem? any suggestions!?
It is more than normal :).

abdul78

Nov 27, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackhorse said:
Hi,

Super normal, what is your new due date for assessment?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erfan1985 said:
You can give the address of your department as the organization that the IELTS result should be sent.
The IELTS will send the results to your department and then you can get it from them.