Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

abdul78

Nov 27, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackhorse said:
Its Feb 6th, 2014. Do you think its time to get a new CAIPS?
You'd better wait a bit Feb 6th and if nothing happened then apply again

Good luck

JVD3

Jan 22, 2014
Hello experts,

Sorry if my post is irrelevant to immigration.
Does anyone know how early we can apply to renew the study permit? I remember I once read that it is 90 days prior to expiry of the old permit.
Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks,

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
You mean they set another due date for you? Did you get a new GCMS to check it?
I don't know. I have not received new GCMS yet. My last one was dated Dec 20, 2013 in which the due date was Dec 31. Is your application assigned to FA?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
JVD3 said:
Hello experts,

Sorry if my post is irrelevant to immigration.
Does anyone know how early we can apply to renew the study permit? I remember I once read that it is 90 days prior to expiry of the old permit.
Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks,
You can apply as long as it is valid, even a day before of its expiry.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hi,

I applied for PR under PhD stream in May 2013. Do I have to worry about applying GCMS or CAIPS now? Also what is the due date meaning in the GCMS/CAIPS? Thanks.

JVD3

Jan 22, 2014
aidina said:
You can apply as long as it is valid, even a day before of its expiry.
Thanks for your prompt answer.
But I meant the other way around. How early? If mine expires in May, can I apply in Jan?

jeffrey2012

Nov 22, 2013
i just got the attestation letter from my university. the letter is signed by the Dean of the School of Grad. however, the register office refuse to stamp on the attestation letter with the university stamp because they only stamp on their official letter. so i have no choice but got the embossed stamp by the School of Grad.

could it work? :(

salam20 said:
It is very serious. I got my application twice. Yesterday, I went to get that template (already stamped by Grad stud) I wanted to put it in an envelope and got the stamp on the envelope edge and I took the CIC reply with the highlighted statement. The employee mentioned that someone came with the same issue the day before. And she asked him to go to the registrar office as they have the Univ. stamp there. I went there and showed them the cic letter. They remembered they stamped it for the guy of the day before. I got it the template stamped by the univ. stamp at the registrar office and two more documents (confirmation of enrollment and regular letter from Grad Stud that mentions the two years of good academic standing) I got everything stamped and put in an envelope that show the Grad Stud logo and an additional stamp on the edge (back) of the envelope). It must be the university stamp not the grad stud stamp. I do not think that there is nothing else I can do with that letter. I am going to send my package for the third time this Monday.

jeffrey2012

Nov 22, 2013
i think i need to prepare the attestation letter again because the embossed stamp are by the School of Grad.. the problem is the register office with the university stamp refuse to stamp on the letter, which is not from their office.

what should i do, guys? :(

asbereth said:
informer2000 , I frankly think that you won't need to update them with anything, since your main duties, in my opinion, match the duties prescribed on the HRSDC website for NOC 4012. But I agree though that the lead statement is missing, and since you applied before May 4 2013, it's probably not a bad idea to send them updated letter anyway.

There have been cases where rejected applicant had matching main duties, but lacking lead statement, so better be safe than sorry (make sure your new letter won't contradict the original letter though). Look for accepted templates from other members, and I think you should be fine (I don't think they've assessed most June 2012 applicants, much less late June 2012 applicants). Good luck :)

Check your transcript. It should be mentioned whether or not you're a full-time student for a particular term. Besides, if you are currently under study permit, they won't let you work on campus if you are not a full-time student.

Your attestation letter (which should be issued by the graduate studies office, and stamped by university seal; attestation letter by department will NOT be accepted) should prove that you are currently in a good academic standing as per the school's definition (whatever that means). If you are willing to take the risk, you can add the phrase "full-time" somewhere within your attestation letter, but better not mess with their wording.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
jeffrey2012 said:
i think i need to prepare the attestation letter again because the embossed stamp are by the School of Grad.. the problem is the register office with the university stamp refuse to stamp on the letter, which is not from their office.

what should i do, guys? :(
Why do you need the stamp from register office? My letter was signed and stamped by dean of graduate studies and it worked.

jeffrey2012

Nov 22, 2013
that's good news for me. thank you very much.

some guys said "Your attestation letter (which should be issued by the graduate studies office, and stamped by university seal; attestation letter by department will NOT be accepted)....... ".

the stamp on my letter is "XX university, School of Grad." by the School of Grad., while is not "XX university" from the register office. so i thought maybe it is not acceptable.

on you letter, the stamp by the Grad. Studies is "XX university, School of Grad." or "XX university"? thanks in advance.

Parkinson said:
Why do you need the stamp from register office? My letter was signed and stamped by dean of graduate studies and it worked.

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Hello guys,

Can I present a work experience letter indicating that I had a full-time job in a company in my home country exactly at the same time when I was a full-time master student in my home country?

Thanks.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vahid_smiler said:
Hello guys,

Can I present a work experience letter indicating that I had a full-time job in a company in my home country exactly at the same time when I was a full-time master student in my home country?

Thanks.
Could you provide more details? It sounds a bit risky, to be honest.