+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
dj2009 said:
Oooops! No I didn't include the consent form. Is that the reason you think?!
Sure that is. They have not revealed her information to you as you did not show her consent to do so.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
megha_Ontario said:
Excuse my ignorance, what 5 documents need to be attached for GCMS application?
Just your study permit and a consent form from any family member included in your application.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
aidina said:
Sure that is. They have not revealed her information to you as you did not show her consent to do so.
but i have gotten my caips without sending the consent form from my husband and his information is still appear in the report. also, is there any consent form to fill up when you apply for it? cause I have not seen any other form other than the application form (I have applied through the electronic system).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
starrysky said:
but i have gotten my caips without sending the consent form from my husband and his information is still appear in the report. also, is there any consent form to fill up when you apply for it? cause I have not seen any other form other than the application form (I have applied through the electronic system).
The same is here! I didn't need any consent.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
In my caips, I only get 5 points out of 10 points of adaptability points that I should have gotten according to sydney. My husband has a canadian degree and he is currently working under work permit in canada. So we should get a full score in this criteria but sydney only give us 5 points, making total points of my application as 68 points. It worries me, should I do anything? Or is it to leave it as it ic since ottawa guys will re-do the assessment. any suggestions?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
starrysky said:
In my caips, I only get 5 points out of 10 points of adaptability points that I should have gotten according to sydney. My husband has a canadian degree and he is currently working under work permit in canada. So we should get a full score in this criteria but sydney only give us 5 points, making total points of my application as 68 points. It worries me, should I do anything? Or is it to leave it as it ic since ottawa guys will re-do the assessment. any suggestions?
I didn't get any adaptability points also, I am entitled to 4 pts for spouse's education and 5 pts for my Canadian child. I sent Ottawa an email before 2 weeks but they haven't responded yet. I believe Ottawa will re-do the assessment but I need to feel content until I get their final assessment at least!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
starrysky said:
You must fill the consent form otherwise you would not be provided with the information of other people in your application. If you got it, they just made a mistake. This is what they say on their website.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Parkinson said:
So, can we conclude that people did not get adaptability points for their spouses and children because they didn't fill the consent form? It doesn't seem reasonable...because It's the first applicant who gets these points ??? What do you think guys?
I think aidina was talking about requesting information on your spouse and dependent, not adaptability points :) So long you provided sufficient evidence, you should gain these adaptability points just fine. Order GCMS notes though to make sure that at least Sydney granted you these points.

N_O said:
I didn't get any adaptability points also, I am entitled to 4 pts for spouse's education and 5 pts for my Canadian child. I sent Ottawa an email before 2 weeks but they haven't responded yet. I believe Ottawa will re-do the assessment but I need to feel content until I get their final assessment at least!
Good idea. I think one sound advice we can provide to recent applicants is to order GCMS notes as soon as they get their file numbers (PER). You never know, but Ottawa has never been known to be generous in assigning points, and I have a feeling they won't even bother checking for extra points they could have given to applicants (if Sydney didn't put it on the notes; vice versa is true though; they can only take points off, but never add).

Obviously if it's your Canadian kid, for example, and you have submitted all evidence necessary to prove that the kid is undoubtedly yours (short of submitting DNA test results, which would be ridiculous and overkill), then you have a good chance of winning an appeal if it really comes down to that. But as aidina and hooman2012 have shown, appealing can easily take months (thus, delaying processing), even if the mistake is unmistakably theirs, so it's better to try to cover as many bases as possible.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Does anyone know , how long usually take for PER?

They received my application on May 2nd, and they took money on May 7th. But after that I never heard anything of them. I have checked my status, it is the same as before, nothing has been changed.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
hooman2012 said:
Does anyone know , how long usually take for PER?

They received my application on May 2nd, and they took money on May 7th. But after that I never heard anything of them. I have checked my status, it is the same as before, nothing has been changed.
It depends... The FSW general stream started and hence CIO became sluggish it seems. Remember I am also travelling in the same ship as you are :(. Hope for the best

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
asbereth said:
Good idea. I think one sound advice we can provide to recent applicants is to order GCMS notes as soon as they get their file numbers (PER). You never know, but Ottawa has never been known to be generous in assigning points, and I have a feeling they won't even bother checking for extra points they could have given to applicants (if Sydney didn't put it on the notes; vice versa is true though; they can only take points off, but never add).

Obviously if it's your Canadian kid, for example, and you have submitted all evidence necessary to prove that the kid is undoubtedly yours (short of submitting DNA test results, which would be ridiculous and overkill), then you have a good chance of winning an appeal if it really comes down to that. But as aidina and hooman2012 have shown, appealing can easily take months (thus, delaying processing), even if the mistake is unmistakably theirs, so it's better to try to cover as many bases as possible.
Asbereth, your above comment did not make me feel content at all :)
I need someone to say, Ottawa will give you those points because they are supposed to re-do the assessment fairly. I wish I get this answer :)

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
chakri264 said:
It depends... The FSW general stream started and hence CIO became sluggish it seems. Remember I am also travelling in the same ship as you are :(. Hope for the best
I can see your information in the timeline, it is exactly the same as mine.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hooman2012 said:
I can see your information in the timeline, it is exactly the same as mine.
As chakri264 said, I bet you right now the CIO is bombarded by thousands of applications from all over the world (remember that every applicant needs to send their complete application package to the CIO for initial eligibility review, even if they choose different visa offices to do the actual assessment). I would say give it another two or three weeks. Have you tried contacting the call center by the way?

N_O said:
Asbereth, your above comment did not make me feel content at all :)
I need someone to say, Ottawa will give you those points because they are supposed to re-do the assessment fairly. I wish I get this answer :)
You'll be fine, man :) They will definitely give you the five points for your Canadian son (your wife's education would be a different story, but these points won't matter at all since all you need is 67 points), and even if they only award you one year of experience, you'll get above 67 points, so I don't see any reason to worry as far as adaptability points are concerned :D