26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jackson2209 said:
Thanks asbereth. Things change so much! Last year my friend got his PR through CEC with TA/RA XP in less than one year......
Ya, I know two or three guys that have already landed through CEC last year, and they only had TA/RA. It would be hard now to convince CIC that you are not engaged in full-time study while being a full-time PhD student (though technically full-time study means 15 hours of class instructions).

If you want to consider re-applying, I suggest registering for IELTS, and getting educational credential going as soon as possible. I heard that for Chinese degrees, there must be an extra validation step by the Chinese Minister of Education, so it may take a bit longer than normal. Good luck and keep us updated.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
asbereth said:
Congrats :) That was fast, when did Ottawa receive your passport and what time did you tracker get activated?
Thanks asbereth. It reached Ottawa on 9th and tracker was activated on 28th 6 pm Ottawa time.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
jackson2209 said:
Guys, I just got the package returned by CIO. I decide to send it again since they mis-assessed my education background. (I am a phd student, but they said I only got a bachelor degree! Ridiculous!)

After I got rejected, I sent an email about their mistake to CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca. 14 days later, I got a reply as follows:

Good Afternoon:

Please be advised that this email has been forwarded to the decision maker for review.

Thank you,

MEM
Client Service Unit
Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

But they don't change the decision, and I was still charged 550 CAD for their fault. Can I do anything do ask my payment back? Can I apply again recently?
Hello jackson2209,

I've been trying to figure out what has happened with your application at CIO level, so I've read your posts history. As you said in the above post they did returned your application on May 10, 2012, so you send it again after and got the PER, if this was the case then your PER was issued for sure after that date!

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required

MY question, does the phrase "no further assessment is required" mean that he did not complete the assessment? If yes, then we should get a fees refund since he did not complete processing. Else, why the case officer didn't include all the evaluation points for all criteria( language, age , experience,...,etc).
Any similar case share me his thoughts. Thank you

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Sorry. I made a mistake at that time. The return package was not mine. It was my roomate's. I was so depressed and didn't notice the name on the package (just saw cic office...) that before wrote the post. However, I did got email rejection on April 12th. I contacted CIC by several means and only the emails were effective (but I had waited for a long time to get their reply).

Actually, I got their email on June 28, 2012, but they said they had already sent me the PER email on May 1st and forwarded it to me again. I checked my gmail, both in inbox and spam, but didn't see it.

N_O said:
Hello jackson2209,

I've been trying to figure out what has happened with your application at CIO level, so I've read your posts history. As you said in the above post they did returned your application on May 10, 2012, so you send it again after and got the PER, if this was the case then your PER was issued for sure after that date!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
jackson2209 said:
Sorry. I made a mistake at that time. The return package was not mine. It was my roomate's. I was so depressed and didn't notice the name on the package (just saw cic office...) that before wrote the post. However, I did got email rejection on April 12th. I contacted CIC by several means and only the emails were effective (but I had waited for a long time to get their reply).

Actually, I got their email on June 28, 2012, but they said they had already sent me the PER email on May 1st and forwarded it to me again. I checked my gmail, both in inbox and spam, but didn't see it.
Then you should hear from them sooner! In the meantime, order your CAIPS.
I assume that your eCAS is in process, right?
Goodluck!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I have received my application assessment today.
They have rejected me because my total score has been less than 67.

Age 10
Education 25
Experience 19
Arranged employment 0
Official language proficiency 12
Adaptability 0
TOTAL 66

The decision letter says "Based upon the results of your IELTS examination on February 2, 2013, you received 12 points for Official Language Proficiency." (I had updated my IELTS test results in February)

They have done a mistake in my official language proficiency assessment. My IELTS test results are as follows:

Listening 7.5 Reading 8 Writing 6 Speaking 7

I should get 4 points for Listening, Reading and Speaking and 2 points for writing which results in 14 points. If they give me the 14 points I will have more than 67 points.

I am going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow to prepare an email to send to Ottawa.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
ubc2010 said:
Hi jackson2209, Can we order the CAIPS after a rejected application.
Yes, you can!
Regarding your question about the refund, although Ottawa didn't complete the assessment once you failed to meet the minimum requirements but Sydney did made an initial assessment and the issued you a file number, then you cannot get a refund at all!!
Sorry for your rejection!

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
beh467 said:
Hi all

I have received my application assessment today.
They have rejected me because my total score has been less than 67.

Age 10
Education 25
Experience 19
Arranged employment 0
Official language proficiency 12
Adaptability 0

TOTAL 66

The decision letter says "Based upon the results of your IELTS examination on February 2, 2013, you received 12 points for Official Language Proficiency." (I had updated my IELTS test results in February)

They have done a mistake in my official language proficiency assessment. My IELTS test results are as follows:

Listening 7.5 Reading 8 Writing 6 Speaking 7

I should get 4 points for Listening, Reading and Speaking and 2 points for writing which results in 14 points. If they give me the 14 points I will have more than 67 points.

I am going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow to prepare an email to send to Ottawa.
So sorry, how we can order the assessment.
Thanks

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ubc2010 said:
So sorry, how we can order the assessment.
Thanks
Since they have done a mistake in assessing my official language proficiency, I will ask them to reconsider my application.
I will talk to a lawyer, prepare an email and send it to Ottawa.

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
beh467 said:
Since they have done a mistake in assessing my official language proficiency, I will ask them to reconsider my application.
I will talk to a lawyer, prepare an email and send it to Ottawa.
Yes, I totally agree you should get 68 according to that.
IS there any template or just regular email.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ubc2010 said:
Yes, I totally agree you should get 68 according to that.
IS there any template or just regular email.
There is no template. I will talk to a lawyer to prepare an email and send to them.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
E-mail them. However, do remember to check with them a few days after to assure it is attached to your application.
Thanks aidina. Good to know that e-mail is OK. At least I can just ask for the scan and don't have to wait for them to post the letter to me. PCC is the only document that they want originals mailed, right?