+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beh467 said:
There is no template. I will talk to a lawyer to prepare an email and send to them.
In my opinion, do this ASAP. Don't wait too long for a lawyer. Just scan the documents that they missed and send an email explaining the situation...

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
ubc2010 said:
So sorry, how we can order the assessment.
Thanks
I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. The reason why you did not get assessment for number of points is because they rejected you based on not meeting the minimum requirement of one year of continuous work experience. They did not award you one continuous year of work experience, so you did not go through to selection factor.

beh467 said:
Age 10
Education 25
Experience 19
Arranged employment 0
Official language proficiency 12
Adaptability 0
TOTAL 66
I agree with Houra, contact them as soon as possible!!

This is not a hard thing to rectify such as job descriptions error. It's actually a blatant mistake from them. Send them the scanned copy of your IELTS score, quote stuff from OP6B to prove that you deserve 14 points for language.

I don't think you will need a lawyer for this, but to make sure you get their attention, send them by fax, by email and also by regular mail.

Also write ATTENTION FA01772 on your cover letter.

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
asbereth said:
I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. The reason why you did not get assessment for number of points is because they rejected you based on not meeting the minimum requirement of one year of continuous work experience. They did not award you one continuous year of work experience, so you did not go through to selection factor.
That mean if I email them I will not get any assessment feedback, right. Am I able to appeal in this case

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
asbereth said:

This is not a hard thing to rectify such as job descriptions error. It's actually a blatant mistake from them. Send them the scanned copy of your IELTS score, quote stuff from OP6B to prove that you deserve 14 points for language.

I don't think you will need a lawyer for this, but to make sure you get their attention, send them by fax, by email and also by regular mail.

I totally agree with Houra and Asbereth, send them email as soon as possible!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asbereth said:

Thanks Asbereth.

I agree. It is obvious that they have made a mistake. However, I want to talk to a lawyer to send them a better email.
I will talk to a lawyer tomorrow and send them an email tomorrow. Moreover, I will send it by mail.

The good point which can be useful for everyone is that they have accepted my updated work experience reference letter as a research assistant and they have given me the extra points for the work experience between application and assessment.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beh467 said:
Thanks Absereth.

I agree. It is obvious that they have made a mistake. However, I want to talk to a lawyer to send them a better email.
I will talk to a lawyer tomorrow and send them an email tomorrow. Moreover, I will send it by mail.

The good point which can be useful for everyone is that they have accepted my updated work experience reference letter as a research assistant and they have given me the extra points for the work experience between application and assessment.
That is really good! Why did you updated your IELTS in February?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_O said:
That is really good! Why did you updated your IELTS in February?
I took a new IELTS test in February to get more points for official language proficiency (Based on my first IELTS I would get 12 points).

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
beh467 said:
Thanks Absereth.

"The goog point ...."
I contacted my previous employer and he told me that he can add more duties based on my previous work. My question is, if I get that modified work experience letter can I appeal taking into consideration that I will only update my duties and keep the same job title

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ubc2010 said:
"The goog point ...."
I contacted my previous employer and he told me that he can add more duties based on my previous work. My question is, if I get that modified work experience letter can I appeal taking into consideration that I will only update my duties and keep the same job title
They won't accept any update after making the final decision. You should have sent them the update before final decision.

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
Hi everyone,

I had ordered my GCMS notes around April 9th and received it May 10th. I was so busy with defense and graduation that I could not have a close look at it until recently.

I figured out that, for my wife, there is NO notes whatsoever for Security, Criminality and RCMP screening where as for me as the PA, these procedures are all done.

Is this the way it is supposed to be? I mean does the result of security checks appear only for the PA? or there should be separate results for the spouse?

Just wanted to get your thoughts and suggestions

Thank you

PS: It was interesting that although we have a relative in Canada and CIO has noted it down, CPP-Ott has not awarded the corresponding adaptability points!!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
beh467 said:
I took a new IELTS test in February to get more points for official language proficiency (Based on my first IELTS I would get 12 points).
Do you think they didn't consider the new ILETS? I know they mentioned it in the letter, but what if they didn't use it for assessment? I am just thinking in a loud voice!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_O said:
Do you think they didn't consider the new ILETS? I know they mentioned it in the letter, but what if they didn't use it for assessment? I am just thinking in a loud voice!
But in the assessment letter is written "Based upon the results of your IELTS examination on February 2, 2013, you received 12 points for Official Language Proficiency" which I think it means that they have given the language score based on my IELTS test in February 2013.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
dj2009 said:
Hi everyone,

I had ordered my GCMS notes around April 9th and received it May 10th. I was so busy with defense and graduation that I could not have a close look at it until recently.

I figured out that, for my wife, there is NO notes whatsoever for Security, Criminality and RCMP screening where as for me as the PA, these procedures are all done.

Is this the way it is supposed to be? I mean does the result of security checks appear only for the PA? or there should be separate results for the spouse?

Just wanted to get your thoughts and suggestions

Thank you

PS: It was interesting that although we have a relative in Canada and CIO has noted it down, CPP-Ott has not awarded the corresponding adaptability points!!
You probably did not attach the consent form, did you?