+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
TyrusX said:
Better to wait until you have the money.
A friend of mine applied without bank statement. He got his PER. His application is under processing. He will have been asked to provide the proof of bank statement soon.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
vn82 said:
A friend of mine applied without bank statement. He got his PER. His application is under processing. He will have been asked to provide the proof of bank statement soon.
You can apply without BS as it's not a factor of eligibility. But it would be better to include in the application may reduce processing time.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aililia said:
You can apply without BS as it's not a factor of eligibility. But it would be better to include in the application may reduce processing time.
"You will need to provide proof of your funds to the Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit your application for immigration."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
"You will need to provide proof of your funds to the Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit your application for immigration."

To receive PR you only need to pass the min score and including PF doesn't score. It's like PCC which officer asks later even sometimes if you submit it with your application at the beginning.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:

It also doesn't say "you must provide" or something like that, it says "you will need to provide". So obviously in the future the applicant will be asked to provide PF.

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
aililia said:
It also doesn't say "you must provide" or something like that, it says "you will need to provide". So obviously in the future the applicant will be asked to provide PF.
Thank you very much!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aililia said:
No, it says: "You will need to provide proof of your funds (...) when you submit your application for immigration."

Of course, one can do whatever it pleases them, it is their application. But, and I insist, a strong application doesn't leave documents for afterwards.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
No, it says: "You will need to provide proof of your funds (...) when you submit your application for immigration."

Of course, one can do whatever it pleases them, it is their application. But, and I insist, a strong application doesn't leave documents for afterwards.
I kinda agree on this one. Don't leave reason to shoot your application down. Make sure its tip-top before sending. If you cannot afford alot time, then hire a good immigration lawyer. If can afford more time, then do the app process on your own but always double check. Also another tip - Don't leave things to chance, I advice checking back the application form and instructions once every week incase they changed it. One you started your process, you may have downloaded the information 1 mth ago. Alot of things can change in 1 mth.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
How timely, CIC just posted some new media files (video actually) on completing one's applications.
Check them out.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/index.asp

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
TyrusX said:

Tyrus is absolutely right!!..You NEED TO provide POF at the time of application..check the document checklist!!..the only thing you have the choice of submitting later are PCCs...

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Bank statement needs to be there, but there is never a mention you need to include bank statement history. I suggest that, if you have not already had the money for the past 6 months, just include the statement with the application, and do not at all touch the money for the next 2 years or something, so that when they eventually ask you for bank history, you'll be ready.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
websphereguy said:
How timely, CIC just posted some new media files (video actually) on completing one's applications.
Check them out.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/index.asp
TyrusX said:

Undoubtedly sending a complete application is the best way to save time but not the only way to succeed.

Every opinion we post here is either our interpretation of regulations or obtained experiences as we are not immigration lawyer. Even a lawyer might believe in an idea which a cic officer doesn't and takes the case to federal court.
As all we see from a case to another, officers make completely different decisions.
Like you guys my suggestion is to send an application as complete as possible to avoid extra delay but it doesn't mean that the application will fail if one doesn't include some particular docs.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
asbereth said:
Bank statement needs to be there, but there is never a mention you need to include bank statement history. I suggest that, if you have not already had the money for the past 6 months, just include the statement with the application, and do not at all touch the money for the next 2 years or something, so that when they eventually ask you for bank history, you'll be ready.
This is a good idea, increase your balance and just present the BS. They may not ask you for history!

jutos

Jan 28, 2013
Hi Guys

One question. CIC is asking for POF history, should I send by replying the email or mail to their office??
Thanks,

Jutos