Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
utopie said:
hey guys,

Some of you know my "story", but for those who don't: a quick recap. I applied back in May 2012 and just got a request for a 6-month bank statement. I do not have the settlement funds anymore (I managed to have them thanks to a scholarship and a paycheque back in the day). Now I have two options:
1. withdrawing my application (t avoid a second rejection)
2. applying for an extension. What I mean is that they gave me 60 days to submit the documents. I am defending my thesis early May and the job I currently have (assistant professor at a university in Alberta) will turn into a permanent one as soon as I have the paper stating that I completed my program (in June). Right now my contract is a conditional job position (conditional until I have my Phd). According to the application rules if you have an AOR (permanent job position) you no longer have to give a proof of funds. My job qualifies under that rule

I was thinking about sending them a letter explaining my situation along with a copy of my current contract. What do you guys think? I do not want to get rejected a second time so I would rather withdraw my application if there is no chance for me and apply through the PNP this summer. That would such a waste of money though.
[/quote

I think this has a chance of working. Why? Because honesty is something of value. If you can attach a letter from your new job, so you have some document supporting you, I believe you stand a chance. I think you can ask them to put your application in hold for a few months.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
utopie said:
hey guys,

Some of you know my "story", but for those who don't: a quick recap. I applied back in May 2012 and just got a request for a 6-month bank statement. I do not have the settlement funds anymore (I managed to have them thanks to a scholarship and a paycheque back in the day). Now I have two options:
2. applying for an extension. What I mean is that they gave me 60 days to submit the documents. I am defending my thesis early May and the job I currently have (assistant professor at a university in Alberta) will turn into a permanent one as soon as I have the paper stating that I completed my program (in June). Right now my contract is a conditional job position (conditional until I have my Phd). According to the application rules if you have an AOR (permanent job position) you no longer have to give a proof of funds. My job qualifies under that rule

I was thinking about sending them a letter explaining my situation along with a copy of my current contract. What do you guys think? I do not want to get rejected a second time so I would rather withdraw my application if there is no chance for me and apply through the PNP this summer. That would such a waste of money though.
I am not sure if they will consider your application for the arranged employment stream since your application is currently under the Ph.D stream...i know a person who applied under FSW and wanted to transfer the application to the CEC stream oncee he managed to get the 1 year work experience that is required for the CEC and because the processing time for CEC is much faster...Buffalo office said he needed to apply all over again as they don't do these "transfers"...so i'm just a bit concerned about how that will work out for you...but then again, like tyrus said, it is worth a shot!..

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
anjuku said:
I am not sure if they will consider your application for the arranged employment stream since your application is currently under the Ph.D stream...i know a person who applied under FSW and wanted to transfer the application to the CEC stream oncee he managed to get the 1 year work experience that is required for the CEC and because the processing time for CEC is much faster...Buffalo office said he needed to apply all over again as they don't do these "transfers"...so i'm just a bit concerned about how that will work out for you...but then again, like tyrus said, it is worth a shot!..
She will not get transferred, she will just add an offer of employment to her application. I believe this is possible.

B

BakerMan

Hi everybody,
One of my friends got another line in his Ecas saying that " We started processing your application on XXXX".
Do you guys have any thoughts on its meaning. He was recently asked for Last 6 month bank activity.

Does it mean that they are happy with his statement.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
TyrusX said:
utopie said:
hey guys,

[/quote

I think this has a chance of working. Why? Because honesty is something of value. If you can attach a letter from your new job, so you have some document supporting you, I believe you stand a chance. I think you can ask them to put your application in hold for a few months.
Yes I might just try and see what happens and add something along the lines "if my employment contract cannot be taken under consideration I would like to officially withdraw my application". Putting it on hold would be great. I will try to get some info from the CIC call centre agents but I doubt they will be of much help. Thanks for the feedback!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
utopie said:
Yes I might just try and see what happens and add something along the lines "if my employment contract cannot be taken under consideration I would like to officially withdraw my application". Putting it on hold would be great. I will try to get some info from the CIC call centre agents but I doubt they will be of much help. Thanks for the feedback!
good luck utopie and keep us posted on how it goes ;)

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
utopie said:
If possible arrange a letter from your employer (i.e in your case from the professor who wants to hire you).

If you explain your situation to your potential employer (professor) I am sure the professor will going to give a letter referring to CIC that he/she is willing to hire you after your PHD.

Hope this will work ... Just give a try ....

I think postpone thing will not work ...
wish you luck

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
Hi guys,

I have been a PhD student for 3 years. What if I provide a letter of RA/TA as a work experience? Do they accept at least equivalently one year work experience? I also have about one year work experience from my back home. However, it takes a lot of time to get e letter of work experience. This letter will be very short, only 2 lines which describes my start and finish date and job title. The case offer may reject my back home work experience as it is not quite complete. Can I apply only with my TA/RA work experience?

Thanks,

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Uwindsor2009 said:
If possible arrange a letter from your employer (i.e in your case from the professor who wants to hire you).

If you explain your situation to your potential employer (professor) I am sure the professor will going to give a letter referring to CIC that he/she is willing to hire you after your PHD.

Hope this will work ... Just give a try ....

I think postpone thing will not work ...
wish you luck
It's not even a potential employer: I am employed there since August 2012. It's just that my contract is conditional until I get my PhD (explicitly stated in the terms of my contract). I will get a letter from the human resources people certifying that my contract will be permanent once I obtain my PhD. We'll see what comes out of it. My boyfriend is even offering to marry me because of this immigration situation:I'm not that desperate...yet ???

And thanks for the support anjuku. I'll keep you guys posted

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
vn82 said:
Hi guys,

I have been a PhD student for 3 years. What if I provide a letter of RA/TA as a work experience? Do they accept at least equivalently one year work experience? I also have about one year work experience from my back home. However, it takes a lot of time to get e letter of work experience. This letter will be very short, only 2 lines which describes my start and finish date and job title. The case offer may reject my back home work experience as it is not quite complete. Can I apply only with my TA/RA work experience?

Thanks,
Yes, you can apply with your RA/TA providing you get a letter stating couple of things: hours, duties and salary. The noc code is 4012, check the responsibilities their.

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
aililia said:
Yes, you can apply with your RA/TA providing you get a letter stating couple of things: hours, duties and salary. The noc code is 4012, check the responsibilities their.
Thanks for your reply,

There is a problem. I worked for 20 months after I got my masters. in application form I have to mention that I worked for 20 months after graduation in my back home. Does the officer ask me to claim the work experience even if I have been given a 3 years TA/Ra part-time work experience. I already got rejected for the work experience as it was missing some duties as RA responsibilities.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
vn82 said:
Thanks for your reply,

There is a problem. I worked for 20 months after I got my masters. in application form I have to mention that I worked for 20 months after graduation in my back home. Does the officer ask me to claim the work experience even if I have been given a 3 years TA/Ra part-time work experience. I already got rejected for the work experience as it was missing some duties as RA responsibilities.
What they need is any work during last 10 years. Lets say one worked for more than 3 years but only wants to include last 2 years or it was not possible to provide reference letters. To be eligible as an immigrant it's not required to include but might be useful for background check. If you have any letter which is not credential as a proof of work experience, it's better to include it in your application.

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
aililia said:
What they need is any work during last 10 years. Lets say one worked for more than 3 years but only wants to include last 2 years or it was not possible to provide reference letters. To be eligible as an immigrant it's not required to include but might be useful for background check. If you have any letter which is not credential as a proof of work experience, it's better to include it in your application.
Thanks,

One more things. At this stage, Do I have to include the bank statement in my application? Right now I have not enough money in my bank account and I need time, let's say 2 months, to provide money. Then,after getting my PER, whenever the officer asks me the proof of bank statement, I can provide the letter of my bank statement.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
vn82 said:
Thanks for your reply,

You need only to include the work experience that you want to have evaluated by the visa officer.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
vn82 said:
Thanks,

One more things. At this stage, Do I have to include the bank statement in my application? Right now I have not enough money in my bank account and I need time, let's say 2 months, to provide money. Then,after getting my PER, whenever the officer asks me the proof of bank statement, I can provide the letter of my bank statement.
Better to wait until you have the money.