+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Accra does not send AOR2 you just have to check you ECAS if you see "We started processing your application xxxxx 2017" thats your AOR2 and for us it took a month after file transfer. Hope it helps:)
Thanks @milababy. That was such a relief. Thank you very much. Was beginning to get worried

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got our passports back Yaayy!!!
I must say that VFS Nigeria has the most unprofessional set of employees ive ever met in my life!
I sent my passport through VFS to Accra Ghana on the 30th of June 2017 and I paid amongst other fees SMS fee of N 420 meant for them to alert me via text when my passport arrives with VISA. I had to wait for 7 good weeks for the pick up text message and when i dint get any, and my flight date was fast approaching, I went to their office and lo and behold!! my Passport had been sitting in their office for 2 weeks and no one could call to inform me that my passport was back. What if i went ahead to reschedule my flight? I would have paid an extra $2500 just because someone decided not to do their Job.
Being my good self and also for the sake of other people who would just be sitting at home waiting for their pick up text message, I asked to see their manager just to inform them that their text message service wasn't delivering to customers. I had to wait another 30 Mins just to see the lady who kept on interrupting me while I was trying to explain the scenario to her. To which she responded that " MTN told us they were not going to deliver our text messages so its not our fault"
I now asked that so your organization is fully aware that the messages are not being sent out and no one could spare 20 Naira to make a simple call to me just to say Oga your VISA is ready. She became very defensive and kept on saying its not their fault that I should go an meet MTN.
I even went ahead to tell her that a lot of people are saying awful things about their organization and how incompetent they are online that i should have listened and used DHL instead. She responded that " well its a choice you can use DHL or us that is your business "

At this point i knew it was a lost battle!! and I told her thank you very much for having me, enjoy the rest of your day !!

IN CONCLUSION: DO NOT USE VFS NIGERIA TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT ITS A BIG MISTAKE

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Please what is the average time line for getting your passport back from the time of postage assuming you use DHL? Is there a tracker for this.
Current timeline is 2 weeks via DHL...you can only track your passport to Accra but you'll have to wait two weeks for Accra to send you a pick up mail

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Finally got our passports back Yaayy!!!
I must say that VFS Nigeria has the most unprofessional set of employees ive ever met in my life!
I sent my passport through VFS to Accra Ghana on the 30th of June 2017 and I paid amongst other fees SMS fee of N 420 meant for them to alert me via text when my passport arrives with VISA. I had to wait for 7 good weeks for the pick up text message and when i dint get any, and my flight date was fast approaching, I went to their office and lo and behold!! my Passport had been sitting in their office for 2 weeks and no one could call to inform me that my passport was back. What if i went ahead to reschedule my flight? I would have paid an extra $2500 just because someone decided not to do their Job.
Being my good self and also for the sake of other people who would just be sitting at home waiting for their pick up text message, I asked to see their manager just to inform them that their text message service wasn't delivering to customers. I had to wait another 30 Mins just to see the lady who kept on interrupting me while I was trying to explain the scenario to her. To which she responded that " MTN told us they were not going to deliver our text messages so its not our fault"
I now asked that so your organization is fully aware that the messages are not being sent out and no one could spare 20 Naira to make a simple call to me just to say Oga your VISA is ready. She became very defensive and kept on saying its not their fault that I should go an meet MTN.
I even went ahead to tell her that a lot of people are saying awful things about their organization and how incompetent they are online that i should have listened and used DHL instead. She responded that " well its a choice you can use DHL or us that is your business "

At this point i knew it was a lost battle!! and I told her thank you very much for having me, enjoy the rest of your day !!

IN CONCLUSION: DO NOT USE VFS NIGERIA TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT ITS A BIG MISTAKE
Thanks for sharing. I was at vfs as well but one of the staff advised me to go use DHL if i wanted a fast service...lucky me!

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Hello Everyone, I would like to ask if anyone has sent a mail to Accra Visa Office before and they responded. AVO asked me to send my Wives old passport but did not specify, how i should send it,I uploaded it on my CIC account and also sent a scanned copy to them via email which they have not acknowledged.
I sent a mail asking if they have received my document to which they have not responded.
Im worried if i should also send them a physical passport via DHL because i was only given 15 days and i wouldn't want to make a mistake sending an e copy when they require a physical copy
Hi managerchap

Were there any reasons for requesting your wife's old passport? how did you send it eventually

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi managerchap

Were there any reasons for requesting your wife's old passport? how did you send it eventually
My wife did a change of name and made a new passport with her new surname, I guess because the old passport wasn't expired, they had to sight it.
I sent the physical via DHL it delivered in 3 days

Okaforizuu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please how and where will I get my Nigerian PCC, what will I present?

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
Please how and where will I get my Nigerian PCC, what will I present?
If you reside in Lagos you have to do it in CID office in Alagbon, you go with your 2 passport photography, valid identity card and the fee. I did mine in Abuja CID office area 11 and got it in 2 days

Reactions: Okaforizuu

Okaforizuu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you reside in Lagos you have to do it in CID office in Alagbon, you go with your 2 passport photography, valid identity card and the fee. I did mine in Abuja CID office area 11 and got it in 2 days
Will my international passport or drivers license serve as a valid ID??

Okaforizuu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What of Port Harcourt? I reside in Port Harcourt!