+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in March 2016 >>>>> Good Luck ALL

swordfish485

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hello my "March AOR" friends. There's a whatsapp group with 18 of us, talking about the process. If anyone wants to participate, just send me a PM.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eye in the sky said:
I have some questions regarding 'dual intent' procedures and confident to get an expert opinion here :) - here is my situation:

As per below timelines I am a PNP-Outland applicant with AOR on MAR 2 2016. My current employer has offered me an assignment to Canada on a temporary work permit (duration says 2 years) and are happy to initiate my temp work permit ASAP as the assignment begins latest around June. They are well aware of my PR application however they require my expertise for this assignment hence they proposed to initiate a temp work permit. As I cannot commit any timelines on the status of my PR application , will this situation be considered as valid case? Will the work permit be approved ? will it have any adverse impact on my current PR application?

I do not wish to see any adverse effect on my current PR application whatsoever :) even if I have to let go of this offer. Please advise ,what is the best way to proceed in a situation like this?

Category : SINP Outland
SINP nomination : 25 Jan 2016
ITA : 27 Jan 2016
AOR : 2 March 2016
Schedule 4 request and IELTS original request: 4 March 2016
Schedule 4 and IELTS provided : 7 March 2016

CURRENT status

Medicals passed
Review eligibility : review in progress
Review of submitted documents : provided
BG : not needed at this time

your company can apply for Lmia once they get it approved you will get your work permit , and will not affect your pr application at all, but as soon as you move to canada on your new work permit you have to update your new status and address to cic ;)

bunge12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
haznac said:
Guys, what do you say about the changed requirement for passport pages? At the time of I guess all of our applications, the requirement was Bio Page Only, and now it is Bio Page+any stamped pages. Do you think this affects us?
I don't think it would affect us in any way since at the time of application the requirement was just the Bio page.

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
Eye in the sky said:
I have some questions regarding 'dual intent' procedures and confident to get an expert opinion here :) - here is my situation:

As per below timelines I am a PNP-Outland applicant with AOR on MAR 2 2016. My current employer has offered me an assignment to Canada on a temporary work permit (duration says 2 years) and are happy to initiate my temp work permit ASAP as the assignment begins latest around June. They are well aware of my PR application however they require my expertise for this assignment hence they proposed to initiate a temp work permit. As I cannot commit any timelines on the status of my PR application , will this situation be considered as valid case? Will the work permit be approved ? will it have any adverse impact on my current PR application?

I do not wish to see any adverse effect on my current PR application whatsoever :) even if I have to let go of this offer. Please advise ,what is the best way to proceed in a situation like this?

Category : SINP Outland
SINP nomination : 25 Jan 2016
ITA : 27 Jan 2016
AOR : 2 March 2016
Schedule 4 request and IELTS original request: 4 March 2016
Schedule 4 and IELTS provided : 7 March 2016

CURRENT status

Medicals passed
Review eligibility : review in progress
Review of submitted documents : provided
BG : not needed at this time
I had a similar situation but instead of work permit, it was for Visitor Visa. I contacted New York Canad Visa Office and here was the response. I think the same can be extended to work permit visa. Unlike, US, Canada doesn't reject your NON-Immigrant application just because you have a PR in progress which is in conflict to non-immigrant intent shown in work permit / visitor visa.

= actual question ==
Respected Sir / Madam,

Currently I have applied for FSWC Permanent Residence through express entry for myself and my family (wife and child). This may take up to 6 months to process.
In the meantime, we would like to travel to Canada in early June'2016 for a week to attend a family event.
I would like to know if we are still eligible for visitor visa or if our application will be denied due to the fact that we have applied for PR (dual intent).
Please help to answer this question so that we can decide if we should apply for Temporary Resident permit or not.
====

== actual response from CIC Officer =
Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, you can still apply for a visitor visa even if you have an application for permanent residence.

The application for a temporary resident visa ( visitor) may be submitted online or the paper application may be submitted to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) located in New York City or in Los Angeles. Processing may take from 15 to 20 days or longer.

Please refer to our website for information on applying for a temporary resident visa
( visitor) : www.newyork.gc.ca

For information on the VAC’s requirements, please refer to their website: www.csc-cvac.com

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section | Section d'Immigration Canadian Consulate General / Consulat général du Canada
1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175 Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.newyork.gc.ca newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
======================================

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
I missed out to mentioned that...I did applied for Canada Visitor Visa while PR application was in progress and they approved and stamped the visa for 9 years (multiple-entry)

dallasboy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-MAR-2016
Doc's Request.
18-APR-2016
AOR Received.
11-MAR-2016
Med's Request
22-MAR-2016
Med's Done....
06-APR-2016
Passport Req..
08-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-12-2016
medical passed - 4/13/2016 (this is after an additional CXR request)

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
In my opinion, as long as you show enough money to support your trips (round trip) and other costs during your stay, and as long as you show strong evidence (e.g. employment outside Canada) to justify you will leave Canada instead of staying in Canada illegally, you visitor application should be fine. Good luck with your PR application and your visitor visa application:)

dallasboy said:
I had a similar situation but instead of work permit, it was for Visitor Visa. I contacted New York Canad Visa Office and here was the response. I think the same can be extended to work permit visa. Unlike, US, Canada doesn't reject your NON-Immigrant application just because you have a PR in progress which is in conflict to non-immigrant intent shown in work permit / visitor visa.

= actual question ==
Respected Sir / Madam,

Currently I have applied for FSWC Permanent Residence through express entry for myself and my family (wife and child). This may take up to 6 months to process.
In the meantime, we would like to travel to Canada in early June'2016 for a week to attend a family event.
I would like to know if we are still eligible for visitor visa or if our application will be denied due to the fact that we have applied for PR (dual intent).
Please help to answer this question so that we can decide if we should apply for Temporary Resident permit or not.
====

== actual response from CIC Officer =
Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, you can still apply for a visitor visa even if you have an application for permanent residence.

The application for a temporary resident visa ( visitor) may be submitted online or the paper application may be submitted to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) located in New York City or in Los Angeles. Processing may take from 15 to 20 days or longer.

Please refer to our website for information on applying for a temporary resident visa
( visitor) : www.newyork.gc.ca

For information on the VAC’s requirements, please refer to their website: www.csc-cvac.com

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section | Section d'Immigration Canadian Consulate General / Consulat général du Canada
1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175 Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.newyork.gc.ca newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
======================================

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haznac said:
Guys, what do you say about the changed requirement for passport pages? At the time of I guess all of our applications, the requirement was Bio Page Only, and now it is Bio Page+any stamped pages. Do you think this affects us?
Hey how do u know the rules have changed after we applied. Because I am in similar situation. I was not asked anything except bio page.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
The-SpaceGuy said:
Hey how do u know the rules have changed after we applied. Because I am in similar situation. I was not asked anything except bio page.
It seems to be true, CIC wants stamped/visa pages of passport as well as bio-page. I just checked "myCIC" account, in my submitted application (the part with uploaded files), I am not sure if it will apply to us since the requirement was different when we submitted our applications. Here is what the new description says;

" Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)
Your passport must be valid when you apply to the International Experience Canada program and when you enter and depart from Canada. The work permit will not be issued for longer than the validity of your passport. Your passport must include a blank page other than the last page.

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport. Include a copy of:

the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.;
and any pages with stamps, visas or markings. "

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
Spreadsheet updated till this point in thread. Please share your updates in the thread and they will be updated in the spreadsheet within 2-3 days :)

LizzyBob said:
Great work buddy +1 for you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
LizzyBob said:
It seems to be true, CIC wants stamped/visa pages of passport as well as bio-page. I just checked "myCIC" account, in my submitted application (the part with uploaded files), I am not sure if it will apply to us since the requirement was different when we submitted our applications. Here is what the new description says;

Your passport must be valid when you apply to the International Experience Canada program and when you enter and depart from Canada. The work permit will not be issued for longer than the validity of your passport. Your passport must include a blank page other than the last page.

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport. Include a copy of:

the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.;
and any pages with stamps, visas or markings. "
I am not sure what you are reading and what you applied for. In your own words that you typed its says:

Your passport must be valid when you apply to the International Experience Canada program and when you enter and depart from Canada. The work permit will not be issued for longer than the validity of your passport. Your passport must include a blank page other than the last page.\

Did you even apply for the permanent residency or the International experience class?

Because for permanent residency As mentioned on the CIC website and what is required for the R10 - completeness check, which is the Regulations 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states:

Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check SOURCE <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp>

Copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document

Purpose

To confirm the applicant's identity

Document requirements

A clear and legible copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document must be provided.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner

Since all applicants are required to disclose their personal history, which includes travel history, it is counterintuitive for them to ask all the stamp pages in a passport.

Not sure what you are reading and where you are getting all the info from.
Their accompanying dependent children

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
legalfalcon said:
I am not sure what you are reading and what you applied for. In your own words that you typed its says:

Your passport must be valid when you apply to the International Experience Canada program and when you enter and depart from Canada. The work permit will not be issued for longer than the validity of your passport. Your passport must include a blank page other than the last page.\

Did you even apply for the permanent residency or the International experience class?

Because for permanent residency As mentioned on the CIC website and what is required for the R10 - completeness check, which is the Regulations 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states:

Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check SOURCE <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp>

Purpose

Document requirements

A clear and legible copy of the biographical data page of a passport or travel document must be provided.

The principal applicant

Since all applicants are required to disclose their personal history, which includes travel history, it is counterintuitive for them to ask all the stamp pages in a passport.

First of all I do not appreciate the tone of your reply!, we are all here to share knowledge and ideas! Like i said above, I got this from inside my CIC account, under the document checklist for upload! and YES I applied for FSWP express entry, ALL members in this forum are free to check theirs and verify, this is what was written there in my CIC and that is what i have posted here,... you are free to double check it yourself.

larrissa2016

Mar 19, 2016
legalfalcon said:

Purpose

Document requirements

The principal applicant

Lizzybob is right, the document checklist in "MyCIC" does ask for passport bio page and stamped visa pages as well, I just checked mine. But that said, I am not sure if it's an error from CIC cos on the cic website it only asks for the bio page. Now I'm not sure whether to raise a CSE or just ignore with hopes that only the bio page is needed.

Graciekay

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Johannesburg, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/03/16
Doc's Request.
10/03/16
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03/03/16
Med's Done....
25/02/16
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Lizzybob is so right. We talked about this on the AOR March whatsapp goup. It seems this is the new requirement. When I applied, the bio page was all they requested.