+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

jlguariglia

Mar 20, 2019
Something weird happened to me when I called CIC to get updates.
First time I called, the rep was super polite with me and said:
"You are all cleared out, you must receive an approval by first week of June. Congratulations!!!"

Then 3 weeks passed and I called again, then the new rep, kinda sounding stressed out, said that I was with eligibility recommended pass and security not started.

I keep wondering why the hell the first one told me that if it was clearly not the case. And why the inconstancy.

Reactions: small_251193

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
What is your current status? Please add info to your signature. I am VO Edmonton and Vancouver as well. After they told me that VO had not responded to the reminder, I raised a Webform mentioning the problem with them not answering their own internal deadlines, and after dead I got a ghost update, someone called my boss, and I got another update and my Eligibility has changed to Passed. Criminality still in progress and Security not started. Try to raise a webform mentioning the delay on their response.
I raised CSE and they responded saying its in process and all required documents received. The agent I spoke to said they don't need anything from me. I will just wait. My due date on criminality and security is August 13th, 2019. Don't know if it means anything but I saw it on the very first GMCS notes I ordered last year.

rv85

Nov 18, 2018
5 days to hit 180 days :( . Not sure what going on. All passed from last 2 month but security not started based on Customer care.

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
@191 days... No info whatsoever... I called three days continuously and no info where my file is. Everything is in progress is the only answer I get.. I decided not to worry anymore and enjoy the moment as and when it comes. But only thing is their management of cases is hopeless and helpless. I might be okay as of now but there are many many more people who have high hopes and expectations on PR. They might be waiting from a long time for this life changing opportunity. I feel sad.

I didn't get a reply for the web form i raised one week back. I see some people from this vo getting their pprs so i keep my hopes up.

Reactions: anas_alam

sdsam

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Mine is Edmonton too. They are too slow.
Nothing started except eligibility.
Aor is march 27

Tanya29

Jun 17, 2019
I received PPR email from CPC Edmonton with email CPCV_extcom@cic.gc.ca and asked to send the passport to CPC Ottawa - PR, P.O Box 8781 Ottawa ,ON K1G 5B3. Nowhere in CIC has mentioned this address on their website. Do I need to send any explanation email while submitting the passport mentioning my husband is in India and I didn't receive any instructions for him ?.. This is so stressing me out.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I received PPR email from CPC Edmonton with email CPCV_extcom@cic.gc.ca and asked to send the passport to CPC Ottawa - PR, P.O Box 8781 Ottawa ,ON K1G 5B3. Nowhere in CIC has mentioned this address on their website. Do I need to send any explanation email while submitting the passport mentioning my husband is in India and I didn't receive any instructions for him ?.. This is so stressing me out.
It’s the right email for Edmonton I think. I don’t know about your case and why your husband didn’t receive any instruction but congratulations.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Got ppr mail few minutes back
Aor-feb6th
Dependents-2
MEP-21 March
Ip2-March 28(recommended pass)
Ghost update-June 20 2019
Vo-Edmonton
Cec inland
Country of origin -india
My aor is just after yours 1 month, I guess I have hope now to receive my ppr next month. Thank you and congratulations.

Reactions: Pavan567

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
I'm not negative but the way that I got the response today from the MP and you guys mentioned about your experience as well (those of Edmonton primary and Vancouver secondary, as me) suggest that the Edmonton office is not responding well the queries. It is impossible that:
  1. All of us are having complex cases that take more than 180 days
  2. We can't see any progress in this office. The only progress happened was in the first week of May for one case. The other approved cases since then had PO Ottawa and Edmonton as a secondary (i.e. Edmonton office did not work on those cases)
Based upon the above, it is our right to get processed somewhere else in accordance with queue of our AORs otherwise we will be lost.

Guys, now our cases are mostly in progress. I can't see that any of us is under RR or SS. Immagine if someone has been placed in this office under RR or SS, it will then take months to move back.

The only way to move will be together. Individual efforts won't let us have any result. We keep hearing the same message when we call IRCC, MPs or webforms (no estimated timelines, no bring forward date, no response to notes from call agents, ..........)

I can't imagine that we are all working in Canada and paying taxes for the processing of outland applications faster.
Hi, you said 'I can't see that any of us is under RR or SS. Immagine if someone has been placed in this office under RR or SS, it will then take months to move back. ' What happens to cases where Eligibility is tagged recommended passed before review required? Both reviews done at Edmonton.

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Hi, you said 'I can't see that any of us is under RR or SS. Immagine if someone has been placed in this office under RR or SS, it will then take months to move back. ' What happens to cases where Eligibility is tagged recommended passed before review required? Both reviews done at Edmonton.
Sorry I can’t get your question

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
Sorry I can’t get your question
Oh I'm sorry about that. I was trying to find about the implications of an application being tagged RR. You mentioned something about in your post i was trying to get you to expand on.
In my case, my eligibility is tagged Review Required but the Case analyst had stated Recommend Passed under his general recommendations and Review Required under Funds and Status in Canada.