+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

Ravidm92

Nov 25, 2017
Hi guys,
finally something has moved ahead in my application just got off call from ircc.... she told eligibility is met and they are doing background check now... even though in my online profile it shows that its still under review ....kinda little happy now.... so edmonton office is working we should have hope...
Whats your Aor and stream

Tanya29

Jun 17, 2019
Hi friends,

My file was processed in Edmonton but finally I got my PPR email. I m an inland applicant but my husband is in India for the whole process. I m posting every related thread in this forum to get an answer since my 30 days submission time is ticking. Where should my husband submit his passport for stamping to get his COPR ?. I heard that it’s not advisable to send passport by mail here to

Sparta02

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi friends,

My file was processed in Edmonton but finally I got my PPR email. I m an inland applicant but my husband is in India for the whole process. I m posting every related thread in this forum to get an answer since my 30 days submission time is ticking. Where should my husband submit his passport for stamping to get his COPR ?. I heard that it’s not advisable to send passport by mail here to
No he should not mail his passport to Canada. You should call the IRCC helpline in Canada and explain the whole thing. Ask them if your husband can submit his passport at Canadian consulate/embassy in India and if they can forward instructions to the consulate in India. Have your husband's info handy when you call.

What's your AOR date from within Canada?

Reactions: Tanya29

Tanya29

Jun 17, 2019
No he should not mail his passport to Canada. You should call the IRCC helpline in Canada and explain the whole thing. Ask them if your husband can submit his passport at Canadian consulate/embassy in India and if they can forward instructions to the consulate in India. Have your husband's info handy when you call.

I got my Invite on dec 22nd ,2018 under CEC and I submitted on Jan 17, 2019. I received my AOR within couple of hours

Reactions: Sparta02

FredMad

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
I have an update about my case.

As I mentioned last week, IRCC called my boss to check my eligibility and I had a ghost update on Thursday night.

I called their agents today, and they informed me that my case was finally moved from Eligibility Recommended Pass to PASSED. Other then that, my Criminality still shows In Progress and Security Not Started.

The agent informed that the fact the VO has my file is a good sign (i don't really know how that interferes with the Criminality and Security).

Hopefully good news coming soon.

Tanya29

Jun 17, 2019

I called the CIC today. Ugh there are more confusing. they asked me to send my passport to CPC - Ottawa as mentioned in my PPR email and get my COPR, then they asked me to do Landing PR process. Once I get my PR, the CIC will send me an email requesting Passport to be submitted in Indian office, then the stamping and COPR will be done. IS this even VALID?

FindingAtm

Jan 18, 2019
It
I called the CIC today. Ugh there are more confusing. they asked me to send my passport to CPC - Ottawa as mentioned in my PPR email and get my COPR, then they asked me to do Landing PR process. Once I get my PR, the CIC will send me an email requesting Passport to be submitted in Indian office, then the stamping and COPR will be done. IS this even VALID?
I think it is. They did so to a Montreal applicant recently. She is inland and she had to complete her landing before PPR was sent to her dependent applicants outside Canada. Did you indicate that your dependents were outside Canada in your application?

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I thought Edmonton office usually gives out ppr or interview email when its about <50 days left.. I guess not in my case..

AoR Feb 6th
Medical March 21st
Criminality and Eligibility PASSED 26th. (it is passed. not recommended passed)
security not started since March 26th till June 20th. still waiting security to be done

47 days left..

XXIII

Mar 13, 2017
Hi, same here.. Hopefully we get our ppr today.

I thought Edmonton office usually gives out ppr or interview email when its about <50 days left.. I guess not in my case..

AoR Feb 6th
Medical March 21st
Criminality and Eligibility PASSED 26th. (it is passed. not recommended passed)
security not started since March 26th till June 20th. still waiting security to be done

47 days left..

Tanya29

Jun 17, 2019
It

I think it is. They did so to a Montreal applicant recently. She is inland and she had to complete her landing before PPR was sent to her dependent applicants outside Canada. Did you indicate that your dependents were outside Canada in your application?
Yes I did. Even my husband's Bio metrics was done in India

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
I have just got a response from the MP. IRCC cannot provide timelines. the MP's assistant is frustrated because she told me that other VOs provide a forward date for delayed applications while Edmonton does not do the same.
What should we do now rather than waiting in this office? Please note that the moved applications earlier through this week had Ottawa as primary office while Edmonton as secondary. This is not the case for most of us where we have Edmonton as the primary office (i.e we are stuck)