+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I see Edmonton CPC is not a problem for just me, haha. AOR Oct 6, call centre agent told me eligibility, criminality, security all passed Mar 18, application "approved" Apr 17. Had a bring-forward date assigned which has been and gone over a week ago (May 15). I just don't understand what's going on over there.
People got their within 2-4 months and you got your ppr in 5.5 months, that’s really long time and people don’t like waiting.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
People got their within 2-4 months and you got your ppr in 5.5 months, that’s really long time and people don’t like waiting.
I don't have my PPR yet. The call centre only told me my application was "approved" on April 17. I have heard nothing since then and am still waiting, close to 8 months since AOR now.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Call again!
Did you miss email? Spam?
I called most recently 6 days ago. They sent an email reminder to Edmonton CPC but no movement since then. Been trying to call all day but it's always "too busy, can't transfer you to an agent".

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
I called most recently 6 days ago. They sent an email reminder to Edmonton CPC but no movement since then. Been trying to call all day but it's always "too busy, can't transfer you to an agent".
Waoo.....seems Ed VO!
They processed case and all accepted but did not submit! Just let it sit - it seems!
Amazing!
Yes, worth calling...I would say.

Last edited:

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Anyone know why on MyImmiTracker, there is no option for "Edmonton" in the Visa Office column? Would have been nice to see how other Edmonton applicants are doing.

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Anyone know why on MyImmiTracker, there is no option for "Edmonton" in the Visa Office column? Would have been nice to see how other Edmonton applicants are doing.
Probably, there is not option for it? And they don't even know that it exists as many of those floated information still think Vegreville, AB is the office. Many are not updated that the later closed and moved to Edmonton.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Note that Edmonton isn't a Visa Office anyway, it's a Case Processing Centre. The CPC has to forward your case to an actual local visa office to schedule an interview (at least for inland applicants). Apparently my file hasn't even got a local visa office assigned yet, so I guess I am not even in the queue for an interview yet...

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Note that Edmonton isn't a Visa Office anyway, it's a Case Processing Centre. The CPC has to forward your case to an actual local visa office to schedule an interview (at least for inland applicants). Apparently my file hasn't even got a local visa office assigned yet, so I guess I am not even in the queue for an interview yet...
So where is actual visa office? Yes, it is CPC Edmonton......after CPC Edmonton, where do they forward usually? I thought there is VO in Edmonton in the same unit as well. They process quite a bit of things.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
So where is actual visa office? Yes, it is CPC Edmonton......after CPC Edmonton, where do they forward usually? I thought there is VO in Edmonton in the same unit as well. They process quite a bit of things.
I actually don't know. Maybe there is one in Edmonton? All I know is that the agent told me today that my case is still with CPC Edmonton, which is not a visa office, and that a local visa office needs to be assigned before I can get an interview.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

Ppr-2019

May 27, 2019
My application is getting processed in Edmonton, AB and still waiting for PPR.
Has anyone from Nov 2018 AOR got PR from Edmonton?

AOR - Nov 18th
Medical - Dec 21st
NOC - 2171
CEC Inland

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
My application is getting processed in Edmonton, AB and still waiting for PPR.
Has anyone from Nov 2018 AOR got PR from Edmonton?

AOR - Nov 18th
Medical - Dec 21st
NOC - 2171
CEC Inland
Call IRCC, your processing time is longer than 6 months, you should contact them