+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
I did but they said my profile do not have indicators which they consider while sending reminder to processing center....so no help..
I think CEC Inland applicants (like me) are waiting around 2-3 months for an interview date.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
But have you got PPR email? What is your AOR?

I have already crossed 6 month timeline.
AOR Oct 6, 2018, but no PPR mail for me yet. Some inland applicants do not receive a PPR email. Instead, some people get an interview invitation email. You go to the office where your interview has been scheduled, and they issue CoPR right there, without mailing any passports.

Unfortunately there seems to be a huge backlog waiting for an interview date. This is what the 2-3 month extra wait is for, after all the application processing is completed. I found out from a call centre agent that my application was provisionally "approved" 6 weeks ago, but that the wait may be for an interview date. The agent wasn't sure if this was the reason, but it might be.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
AOR Oct 6, 2018, but no PPR mail for me yet. Some inland applicants do not receive a PPR email. Instead, some people get an interview invitation email. You go to the office where your interview has been scheduled, and they issue CoPR right there, without mailing any passports.

Unfortunately there seems to be a huge backlog waiting for an interview date. This is what the 2-3 month extra wait is for, after all the application processing is completed. I found out from a call centre agent that my application was provisionally "approved" 6 weeks ago, but that the wait may be for an interview date. The agent wasn't sure if this was the reason, but it might be.
I think this direct landing interview is for the folks who are from the countries that do not require visa to enter Canada. For visa requiring folks, they need their passport stickered with visa that happens by mailing passport.
I might be wrong.

Reactions: MintyUK

meg2318

Star Member
May 15, 2019
hi guys,
my visa office is edmonton unfortunately:( after reading all these msgs seems like i am not the only one my AOR is dec 3 ..... 4 days left god knows what will happen......

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
I think this direct landing interview is for the folks who are from the countries that do not require visa to enter Canada. For visa requiring folks, they need their passport stickered with visa that happens by mailing passport.
I might be wrong.
Thanks for the response. That does make sense, so I can probably expect an interview.

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Let’s hope they touch our files before the 6 months otherwise they will be more keen to work on the other files who still in the 6 months to meet their targets