+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with Successful Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of SCDL

neosupar

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
I sent my SCDL PGDBA (2015-2017) to ICAS somewhere in March 2020 and they decided not to evaluate my Diploma, saying they are in the process of reviewing how to assess standalone institutions from India.
Hope this helps someone :)
it is done by IQAS, not sure for ICAS, By the way, mine is 2008-2010 batch.

neosupar

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
One help needed -

I gave my wife an MBA degree to be evaluated by IQAS and they gave the below comments -

"
Comparative Levels of Achievement in Canada -

The Master of Business Administration degree generally compares to the completion of a Business Administration degree with a focus in business economics
"

Now I am really not sure what does it mean if someone can guide me here.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hello All,

I remember that I was the most active one looking for help regarding SCDL for ECA. Sorry, I was busy so could not reply much. Let me share my experience.

I got my transcripts ready in March and made the payment to IQAS on 23rd March. I opted for email service via Truecopy as it will deliver my transcripts much faster and safely to IQAS.

They took around Rs.1800 and sent my documents to IQAS. I got my ECA report in the last week of May. So overall, I got both my graduation degree and Post Graduate Diploma evaluated in two months.

I received the evaluation as "Two-year Graduate Diploma Program"

I hope this helps all of you who are confused or not sure about SCDL.

Thanks.

Alip

Jun 25, 2021
Hello All,

I remember that I was the most active one looking for help regarding SCDL for ECA. Sorry, I was busy so could not reply much. Let me share my experience.

I got my transcripts ready in March and made the payment to IQAS on 23rd March. I opted for email service via Truecopy as it will deliver my transcripts much faster and safely to IQAS.

They took around Rs.1800 and sent my documents to IQAS. I got my ECA report in the last week of May. So overall, I got both my graduation degree and Post Graduate Diploma evaluated in two months.

I received the evaluation as "Two-year Graduate Diploma Program"

I hope this helps all of you who are confused or not sure about SCDL.

Thanks.
Hi Jagjit,

Thanks for sharing your success, can you mention which year you got it evaluated through IQAS?

Alice

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
I
Hi Jagjit,

Thanks for sharing your success, can you mention which year you got it evaluated through IQAS?

Alice
Hi Alice,
Sorry, I missed the year. I got it evaluated by 18th May 2021 (present year).

It was less than two months process after receiving transcripts from the universities and making the payment.

Thanks

santoshf2

Aug 18, 2021
Guys good information here, I am checking if I need to submit my Bachelors(Engineering) along with the SCDL PGDIT for assessment or just the PGDIT is enough to get an assessment.?

lshar15

Jun 10, 2018
Guys good information here, I am checking if I need to submit my Bachelors(Engineering) along with the SCDL PGDIT for assessment or just the PGDIT is enough to get an assessment.?
IQAS will assess your higher degree only. So bachelor won’t make any difference.. no need to include it. But if you go with WES, they will access your both degrees. However, as far as I know WES doesn’t not recognise SCDL. If u want to obtain two or more degree points in express entry then I would suggest you to get your SCDL degree assessed from IQAS and bachelor degree from WES. I did the same.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
If you do not have ECA for Bachelors, then send both Bachelors and PGDIT.

Cause if IQAS evaluates PGDIT as Diploma, you will be LOST.

santoshf2

Aug 18, 2021
IQAS will assess your higher degree only. So bachelor won’t make any difference.. no need to include it. But if you go with WES, they will access your both degrees. However, as far as I know WES doesn’t not recognise SCDL. If u want to obtain two or more degree points in express entry then I would suggest you to get your SCDL degree assessed from IQAS and bachelor degree from WES. I did the same.
Hi, it's confusing now, why shouldn't I get both my Bachelors and SCDL PGD at IQAS?