+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with Successful Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of SCDL

Feb 17, 2020
Hi all

It’s good to read that some of u got SCDL degree recognised. Congrats for that.

I did MDIT Masters Diploma in International Trade from SIMS which was under SCDL during 2003. I checked on SCDL website , they are UGC approved from 1995 onwards. but everywhere it only talks about PG.. in their certificate of UGC. Not MD.. (masters Diploma ). When I called up SCDL last week the guy said it’s same thing. Did any one of also face same thing of Masters degree from SIMS and got it recognised from IQAS??
Pl advice.
Hey did u get ur SIMS evaluated from IQAS? What was the result. Pls can u share

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hello All,

Its great to see that all SCDL students getting values for their degrees. I have also done PGDBA (finance) having an academic year 2016-20.

So, its better I should opt for IQAS and not WES.

1. I have done BBA from Calcutta University and PGDBA from SCDL, so do I need to get both the degrees assessed for ECA?

2. If both has to be assessed that do I need to request Calcutta University for transcripts as well SCDL also for PGDBA?

Please suggest and let me know what be the best ways for ECA so that my SCDL diploma is also validated as my Post Graduation.

Thanks in advance.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
I had emailed my queries today to WES, ICAS and IQAS regarding SCDL and I got the following replies -

1. ICAS -

Thank you for your enquiry.

For postsecondary study completed in India, ICAS will provide an assessment for the following:

• Qualifications awarded by institutions which were formally recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) at the time of admission (and that the university was compliant with all UGC regulations with regard to program delivery). Please note that for State Private Universities, the institution must have been recognized by the UGC following a favourable inspection.

• Programs recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at the time of admission

• Distance education programs recognized by the Distance Education Council (DEC) or UGC at the time of your admission

• Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education

Please note that, at this time, ICAS is not providing assessments for study completed at stand-alone institutions such as SCDL.

ICAS does not provide pre-assessments by e-mail. As you can understand, the fee for the assessment is not for the physical piece of paper, but rather for the research required to prepare the report.

If you are unsure whether the program you completed satisfies the above requirement, we would suggest that you contact the bodies listed above or confirm this information with your institution. If you believe that your program would be one for which ICAS can provide a meaningful assessment, we would be pleased to assist you, but we require a completed application and all required documentation to do so.

2. IQAS -

Hello,

Thank you for your question. If the response is provided below, we will not respond to your email.

If you need an ECA for immigration, do not apply for IQAS assessment for employment, education or licensure, as Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Provincial Nominee Programs will not accept this assessment.

IQAS assesses credentials earned through formal academic education from accredited educational institutions. IQAS does not assess:
  • Anything below the secondary/high school level (e.g. Primary/elementary level)
  • Non-academic credentials and short courses (e.g. Excel training)
  • Professional qualifications (e.g. Chartered accountant designation such as ACCA)
  • Vocational or trades training (e.g. Diesel mechanics program)
  • Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education
  • Credentials obtained in Canada
IQAS cannot tell you if your application will be accepted, or if your education will be recognized before receiving and assessing your application. All required application materials must be carefully reviewed, researched and verified prior to a decision

3. WES -

WAITING FOR THEIR RESPONSE

Nandish Patel

Oct 11, 2020
I had emailed my queries today to WES, ICAS and IQAS regarding SCDL and I got the following replies -

1. ICAS -

Thank you for your enquiry.

For postsecondary study completed in India, ICAS will provide an assessment for the following:

• Qualifications awarded by institutions which were formally recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) at the time of admission (and that the university was compliant with all UGC regulations with regard to program delivery). Please note that for State Private Universities, the institution must have been recognized by the UGC following a favourable inspection.

• Programs recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at the time of admission

• Distance education programs recognized by the Distance Education Council (DEC) or UGC at the time of your admission

• Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education

Please note that, at this time, ICAS is not providing assessments for study completed at stand-alone institutions such as SCDL.

ICAS does not provide pre-assessments by e-mail. As you can understand, the fee for the assessment is not for the physical piece of paper, but rather for the research required to prepare the report.

If you are unsure whether the program you completed satisfies the above requirement, we would suggest that you contact the bodies listed above or confirm this information with your institution. If you believe that your program would be one for which ICAS can provide a meaningful assessment, we would be pleased to assist you, but we require a completed application and all required documentation to do so.

2. IQAS -

Hello,

Thank you for your question. If the response is provided below, we will not respond to your email.

If you need an ECA for immigration, do not apply for IQAS assessment for employment, education or licensure, as Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and Provincial Nominee Programs will not accept this assessment.

IQAS assesses credentials earned through formal academic education from accredited educational institutions. IQAS does not assess:
  • Anything below the secondary/high school level (e.g. Primary/elementary level)
  • Non-academic credentials and short courses (e.g. Excel training)
  • Professional qualifications (e.g. Chartered accountant designation such as ACCA)
  • Vocational or trades training (e.g. Diesel mechanics program)
  • Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education
  • Credentials obtained in Canada
IQAS cannot tell you if your application will be accepted, or if your education will be recognized before receiving and assessing your application. All required application materials must be carefully reviewed, researched and verified prior to a decision

3. WES -

WAITING FOR THEIR RESPONSE
Hi Jagjit,

Even I took my PGDBA admission in year 2017 and got my result in August 2020. I have already applied for the ECA through IQAS. It shows the status as in line processing. I hope that even you have applied for the ECA? Wanted to know for any further update on the same. If you don't mind we can have a chat on whatsapp. Mb - 9924630354.

Regards,
Nandish Patel

PATJAI

Jan 9, 2018
Hi Jagjit,

Even I took my PGDBA admission in year 2017 and got my result in August 2020. I have already applied for the ECA through IQAS. It shows the status as in line processing. I hope that even you have applied for the ECA? Wanted to know for any further update on the same. If you don't mind we can have a chat on whatsapp. Mb - 9924630354.

Regards,
Nandish Patel
IQAS does evaluation for SCDL

neosupar

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
HI
I am trying to get my PGDBA (from SCDL) of 2008-2010 degree evaluated - any idea what will be the outcome of this - i mean which category it will fall from CRS tool - please if someone can guide me.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
HI
I am trying to get my PGDBA (from SCDL) of 2008-2010 degree evaluated - any idea what will be the outcome of this - i mean which category it will fall from CRS tool - please if someone can guide me.
Its evaluated as Diploma (mostly) in IQAS

neosupar

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Hi Preetsingh,
IQAS evaluate as University Diploma, while filling your application you need to choose Two or more certificates (Graduation + PDGBA(SCDL)).
Okay, but Since IQAS looks for a Master - I have to get it done with my PGDBA only, and one more reason my university has an issue so they cant issue transcripts, unfortunately :-( of my B.Tech. So I am a bit confused actually - which one to select.

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
I sent my SCDL PGDBA (2015-2017) to ICAS somewhere in March 2020 and they decided not to evaluate my Diploma, saying they are in the process of reviewing how to assess standalone institutions from India.
Hope this helps someone :)