+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with Successful Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of SCDL

iamaloky

Nov 14, 2016
Dear All,

I have read numerous threads on whether PGDBA from SCDL (Symbiosis Center of distance learning), Pune is VALID as per WES (or any other authorized Credential agency) but conflicting view mostly negative and from last year.

So, anyone (literally anyone) has received positive double bachelor degree result post Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) in this whole forum ever especially in this year?

I am about to submit my degree for ECA and if no one ever received positive result and can share then I can skip PDGBA assessment and submit my B-Tech for same through WES.

Thanks,
Alok

Ps Also even if Negative or positive, can anyone help me how to contact SDLC for sending my result to WES (Process please in case I try to check my luck).

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got PGDBA from SCDL assessed for my wife.WES says Institution - Not recognized and remarks says Credential is not compared to a complete Canadian education credential.

Getting docs from SCDL is pretty easy as you have to send a draft ( can't remember bit close to 500rs) and a completed form which you can get online..They are pretty quick and will send sealed mark-sheets and diploma in 2 weeks.

I personally felt , it was a waste in our case as WES doesn't recognize them

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Hi,

Same is the case with me, my wife's PGDBA from SCDL was not recognized but BCOM from Mumbai University was recognized. I just want to know that while filling up the details, I am sure you have mentioned that your wife did PGDBA but there is a drop down asking if ECA done, What have you selected? Yes or No. If Yes, they ask you for Canadian equivalency. What to mention there?

I am just confused that it should not create discrepancy, WES did not recognize this degree and I do not want Case Officer to understand that I am claiming points for this, whereas, I am not and I do not want.

Any help is appreciated.

Rocky127 said:
I got PGDBA from SCDL assessed for my wife.WES says Institution - Not recognized and remarks says Credential is not compared to a complete Canadian education credential.

Getting docs from SCDL is pretty easy as you have to send a draft ( can't remember bit close to 500rs) and a completed form which you can get online..They are pretty quick and will send sealed mark-sheets and diploma in 2 weeks.

I personally felt , it was a waste in our case as WES doesn't recognize them

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Any assistance?

KST06

Nov 12, 2016
metal said:
Any assistance?
As far as i remember when u will choose YES on ECA done..It will ask u about the level which ECA gave you. At that point you can say that NOT RECOGNISED and u wont be given points then

Also, thanks as my wife also did same course and now i wont be wasting my time and money on getting transcripts

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I selected less than High school .....that was the minimum you can select after saying YES to WES and entering WES report #

Since this won't give any CRS score, you are good to go

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Dear Members,

Was any one able to get the SCDL diploma evaluated. I know that WES is not evaluating that. Any other agency is evaluating that?

Regards
Max

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
Maxpandey said:
Dear Members,

Was any one able to get the SCDL diploma evaluated. I know that WES is not evaluating that. Any other agency is evaluating that?

Regards
Max

I think it depends won when you completed this diploma.
if it had any ugc and deb recognition?
not only does UGC has to recognise the institution but also the program offered.
If you send them UGC and DEB recognition letter, they might recognise it.

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Yes, I can find the Approval certificates on SCDL website, but most of the time I am observing that WES is rejecting SCDL diploma's stating that institute is not recognized. Thus in dilemma whether to send or not. Also, I am not sure if any other agency is evaluating the SCDL diploma. No clear answer.

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
Maxpandey said:
Yes, I can find the Approval certificates on SCDL website, but most of the time I am observing that WES is rejecting SCDL diploma's stating that institute is not recognized. Thus in dilemma whether to send or not. Also, I am not sure if any other agency is evaluating the SCDL diploma. No clear answer.
I got an email from ICAS that they will recognise it if the university is recognised by UGC, DEB, AICTE.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck with your application and let people you know what happened

can2008

Mar 18, 2017
I too am waiting to hear from at least one person whose SCDL PGDBA was evaluated and considered as a 2 year diploma so we could claim points in CRS. Please help!