Anyone got PPR who applied with 50 additional point + ICT + CEC Inland

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Great news. This proves once again that all ICT friends shouldn't worry too much about that additional 50 points mystery. I'm 100% sure everyone will get their turn and it is just matter of time. Be positive and keep up your patience. :) :)
Hello Baji,
I saw your positive posts on ICT - CEC - 50 points back from 2017. Can you please help me with my case from your recent experience if any? Look forward to hear from you.

I've a similar question if I can claim for 50 points towards job offer.

I've been working in Canada full time since March 2016 on a closed WP (ICT, LMIA exempt) for the same employer, recent one valid till March, 2021.
My org will not issue an offer of employment stating "1 year job after PR is issued", but I've an offer of employment they issued for WP extension in May-2019, and Letter of support they issued this month (valid till March-2021) for changing my work location from Quebec to Ontario. Both the letters have the same NOC code#2171 mentioned.
I should be able to create EE profile in Jan-2020 after receiving my ECA, and based on my points (including these 50) should receive the ITA in subsequent draw.

I've other docs as well: T4s, Payslips, Secondment letter, Joining letter from India.

Please advise.

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
A lot of companies will not provide such a statement.
I would not suggest you approach your manager and ask him to provide a separate reference letter on a plain paper with this statement mentioned.

having said that you should create your profile as soon as possible and upon getting the ITA
Thanks for you prompt reply Bimale4bipeople. Do you think I've good chances for approval based on the docs I have and from your experience.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hello Baji,
I saw your positive posts on ICT - CEC - 50 points back from 2017. Can you please help me with my case from your recent experience if any? Look forward to hear from you.

I've a similar question if I can claim for 50 points towards job offer.

I've been working in Canada full time since March 2016 on a closed WP (ICT, LMIA exempt) for the same employer, recent one valid till March, 2021.
My org will not issue an offer of employment stating "1 year job after PR is issued", but I've an offer of employment they issued for WP extension in May-2019, and Letter of support they issued this month (valid till March-2021) for changing my work location from Quebec to Ontario. Both the letters have the same NOC code#2171 mentioned.
I should be able to create EE profile in Jan-2020 after receiving my ECA, and based on my points (including these 50) should receive the ITA in subsequent draw.

I've other docs as well: T4s, Payslips, Secondment letter, Joining letter from India.

Please advise.
You must apply. You have high chances of going through...

canadadreamer123

Jul 7, 2017
I got my PR finally. Landed to Canada on 9th June 2017. There was lot of confusion whether to claim 50 additional points as my employer was not issuing offer letter specifying I will have job for 1 year after getting PR. I took the risk and claimed additional 50 points. Here are the alternate document which I had used to prove my offer.

1. Offer letter issued during work permit extension.
2. Employment reference letter (My employer issued Employment reference letter for my Parent Visa application. I attached the same with the application).
3. Initial offer letter which I had received in my home country.
4. Appointment letter which I had received in my home country.
5. Secondment letter.

I hope this will be useful to all aspiring candidates under CEC.

My time lines

1. EP created 16th Feb 2016 under CEC.
2. Got ITA 22nd Dec 2016
3. AOR 23 Jan 2017
4. PPR 22 April 2017
@magicvinu Did you claim 50 points even before you started work with the employer? I too have a closed work permit job offer letter. They have mentioned permanent job in offer letter but they have not mentioned 1 year after canada PR. So was thinking whether to claim 50 points or nor. This job has LMIA approval

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
@magicvinu Did you claim 50 points even before you started work with the employer? I too have a closed work permit job offer letter. They have mentioned permanent job in offer letter but they have not mentioned 1 year after canada PR. So was thinking whether to claim 50 points or nor. This job has LMIA approval
If your closed WP has LMIA approval then you don’t need to wait for 1 yr to be completed to claim the 50 points

canadadreamer123

Jul 7, 2017
If your closed WP has LMIA approval then you don’t need to wait for 1 yr to be completed to claim the 50 points
ok. thank you. But should the offer letter have the clause "offer valid 1 year after receiving canada PR".My employer is not willing to add that, Instead they have given "has been offered an permanent full-time (40hrs per week) basis in the position of software engineer (Associated NOC 2173 skill type A) ". They said max they can do is replace "permanent" with "indeterminate". Will this offer letter be valid under EE?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
ok. thank you. But should the offer letter have the clause "offer valid 1 year after receiving canada PR".My employer is not willing to add that, Instead they have given "has been offered an permanent full-time (40hrs per week) basis in the position of software engineer (Associated NOC 2173 skill type A) ". They said max they can do is replace "permanent" with "indeterminate". Will this offer letter be valid under EE?
If you have approved LMIA then you do not need 1 year post PR clause
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

canadadreamer123

Jul 7, 2017

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
    • not seasonal
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
Appreciate your effort to reply. The details in his link is what confuses me. Especially this linr

for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • not seasonal

And LMIA approval is mentioned under"it also has to be made" which means both LMIA and this 1yr after PR are mandatory. Its not one of these.
These terms are so confusing.
And yes i will be getting an approved LMIA.

canadadreamer123

Jul 7, 2017

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
    • not seasonal
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

Did you have a ICT offer or closed work permit when you claimed 50 points?

canadadreamer123

Jul 7, 2017
I had ICT WP which was LMIA exempted.
I did not have the 1 yr post PR clause written on my reference letter
ok. I will be getting closed work permit under GSS(global Skills Strategy) with LMIA approval.
Hope my offer will be valid without "1 year after PR" clause. I am planning to submit the LMIA and get 50 points.

vipyad

Jan 16, 2020
I had ICT WP which was LMIA exempted.
I did not have the 1 yr post PR clause written on my reference letter
Hi bimale4bipeople,
I am in the same boat as you, and got an ITA in the recent draw. I am an Inland ICT applicant and have been working for the same employer for last 3 years in Canada and have current work permit valid till Jan 2022.

My employer will not provide any statement like "Valid Job offer for 1 year after PR'. But I can get an email confirmation from the Client for which I have been seconded to Canada that they will keep my contract in Canada for at least 1 year after I get PR.

Will having such written confirmation will help my case or it can have any negative impact on my application processing ?

Could you please suggest.

Thanks,

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi there, Please advise
I am on a closed WP and is valid till April 2020. Last year I submitted my PR application in Aug 2019 and availed the Job offer 50 points. Recently I got my WP extension filed by the employer for additional 2 years. Now both the applications are processing parallel. Do you think this will be considered as valid job offer? In my offer of employment no where it is mentioned that "he will be employed for 1 year after PR visa is issued"

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Hi bimale4bipeople,
I am in the same boat as you, and got an ITA in the recent draw. I am an Inland ICT applicant and have been working for the same employer for last 3 years in Canada and have current work permit valid till Jan 2022.

My employer will not provide any statement like "Valid Job offer for 1 year after PR'. But I can get an email confirmation from the Client for which I have been seconded to Canada that they will keep my contract in Canada for at least 1 year after I get PR.

Will having such written confirmation will help my case or it can have any negative impact on my application processing ?

Could you please suggest.

Thanks,
Just to let you know that i have a similar situation and planning to apply based on the job offer i have received from the Canadian branch of my company which has a duration of employment for 4 years from October 2022. I am unable to get a letter from my employer that guarantees my employment till 1 year after PR, because PR date is not known.

I have looked around for advice and couldn't find a confirmed case of someone who applied based on similar situation, but also could not find any case for someone who did apply and got in trouble. I'm guessing once people get through they stop answering questions coming from us at the end of the line :) not hating here, wish them all best of luck.

Please share with me your experience or if you have come across any useful info.