Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hey I have a question for you, What did you put in the place holders for employment record and letter of employment?
1. Job offer letter stating your duties, wage, and term of employment.
2. reference letter saying you will be working for the employer for long term and currently working.
3. last 2-4 months pay stubs and i have attached the work permit with offer letter

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hi! I really need your advice on this one year experience thing. I just landed in Canada on Feb 2, 2018 on closed ICT WP. I am already working for my employer since last 3 years. Also, my job NOC is 2173. I even have all the supporting documents which says i will be working in Canada for 24 months. So am i eligible to apply for the additional 50 points. Please clarify this confusion or i have to wait to complete one year with my employer in Canada?
Apply under few and attach your work permit with offer letter and write an explanation saying you are through intra company transfer

Suri88

Apr 3, 2017
Can someone please clarify me.

below is my situation.

I am in Canada with ICT and working for two years. My contract will end on March 31st.

I am yet to submit my PR application, can i submit my application even-though i lost my contract and stay in Canada?

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Can someone please clarify me.

below is my situation.

I am in Canada with ICT and working for two years. My contract will end on March 31st.

I am yet to submit my PR application, can i submit my application even-though i lost my contract and stay in Canada?
@Suri88,
If you loose you status & employment in Canada, you will still be able to apply for a PR under CEC/ Federal skill worker program (from inside/ outside of Canada). Try collecting the Canada work experience letter from employer/ HR before you leave Canada (because there are cases, where it has been difficult to obtain the same later) and apply as soon as possible. Don't worry, things will fall in place.

But one thing of concern can be is- you cannot claim the 50 points for job offer (mentioned in this discussion), unless you are currently working in Canada and employer shares a latest (<6 months advised) reference letter stating employment will provided for 1+ year post PR (or) assignment/ work in Canada is more than for 12 months (at the time when officer reviews your application).
In the case of explanation letter - However there are people who claimed to have received PR approval, where the explanation letter - assignment duration validity is less than 1 year (during profile review). As per me- I say, it is a gamble.

PS: I am in the same boat and processing my PR with explanation letter validity more than a year (with current WP extension in progress).

Suri88

Apr 3, 2017
@Suri88,
If you loose you status & employment in Canada, you will still be able to apply for a PR under CEC/ Federal skill worker program (from inside/ outside of Canada). Try collecting the Canada work experience letter from employer/ HR before you leave Canada (because there are cases, where it has been difficult to obtain the same later) and apply as soon as possible. Don't worry, things will fall in place.

But one thing of concern can be is- you cannot claim the 50 points for job offer (mentioned in this discussion), unless you are currently working in Canada and employer shares a latest (<6 months advised) reference letter stating employment will provided for 1+ year post PR (or) assignment/ work in Canada is more than for 12 months (at the time when officer reviews your application).
In the case of explanation letter - However there are people who claimed to have received PR approval, where the explanation letter - assignment duration validity is less than 1 year (during profile review). As per me- I say, it is a gamble.

PS: I am in the same boat and processing my PR with explanation letter validity more than a year (with current WP extension in progress).
@SriTLIN,

Thanksalot for your response.

I received ITA and submitted my application but by mistake I have mentioned wrong pin number(replaced one number with another) while submitting application. I was in hurry and did this mistake I just realized once I submit application. can you please suggest whether I can change CELPIP Certificate details post application
submission or is there any risk for me?

CanadaPR_001

Apr 2, 2018
Here are my details:

CRS score - 487
Current ICT work permit expiry date - 14-04-2018
ITA date - Dec 22nd 2016
AOR date - Feb 06, 2017
Med pass date - Mar 02nd, 2017
Current PR application status - BG in IP, Review of eligibility IP
Important doc to submit - Singapore PCC, waiting for CIC to send me the letter of request
Hey ..
I am currently working in US and i have created express entry profile . My score is 426 ..which is pretty low as per current scenario . I am thinking to talk to my employer and see if they can raise my canda work permit . I suppose that will come under ICT ..
What all will i need to claim 50 points . Also is it necessary to work in canada for 1 year for current employer to avail additional 50 points ?
Can't i use job offer which they will provide while submitting work permit to avail 50 points ?
Please help . Thanks in advance

CanadaPR_001

Apr 2, 2018
Hey ..
I am currently working in US and i have created express entry profile . My score is 426 ..which is pretty low as per current scenario . I am thinking to talk to my employer and see if they can raise my canda work permit . I suppose that will come under ICT ..
What all will i need to claim 50 points . Also is it necessary to work in canada for 1 year for current employer to avail additional 50 points ?
Can't i use job offer which they will provide while submitting work permit to avail 50 points ?

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hey ..
You need to work on ICT WP for one year in Canada. And you should get a job offer letter from your employer stating that you would continue to being employed by them one year after you receive your PR. You can check the detail requirements in CIC website. And your WP must be LMIA exempted or LMIA approved .

AKSINGH

May 27, 2018
i have provided my current work permit which has my current employer name and also the reference letter from my employer which mentions that i have been working in Canada on a continuous full time role for one year and that they will keep me employed for at least one year after getting my PR.
Hi Balaji,

Please help with one more Info...

My company too has given me a letter saying that they will keep me employed for one year minimum if I get my permanent residency...
But here is one issue which I have no answer for.

I have worked for the same employer and same workpermit and have completed one year with my workpermit still valid for next 11 months...The challenge is below.
I came to Canada and worked here for 6.5 months and then had to go back to INDIA...Stayed there for 1.5 months on the payroll of same company but INDIA office and INDIA payroll..Came back again after 1.5 months and still working since last 6 months for the same employer
Is this a show stopper to get 50 points ??????

Secondly though I have completed one year but now I have to again go back in next 2 months and will be with same company but again on INDIA Payroll...-- Will I be denied 50 points ??????

My company is still OK to give me a offer letter of 12 months If I get a PR..

Please help

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Guys, I have a an offer of employment but it does not state the NOC code. Will this cause any issues?
No I had an offer letter/employer and a reference letter as well which does not mention the NOC specifically, what the reference letter does mention however is the job responsibilities, salary details and a number of hours I am working.

optimus1509

Star Member
Oct 10, 2015
No I had an offer letter/employer and a reference letter as well which does not mention the NOC specifically, what the reference letter does mention however is the job responsibilities, salary details and a number of hours I am working.
When you upload documents against the checklist, it states the offer must specify the NOC skill type 0, A or B etc. There is also a note that states application may be refused if the submitted documents do not contain the necessary information. Hence i am a little worried about this.

The NOC is stated in the relevant ITA section, but is not stated in my letter, it does state all the other things you mentioned though. May i know what is the status of your application if you don't mind please?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
When you upload documents against the checklist, it states the offer must specify the NOC skill type 0, A or B etc. There is also a note that states application may be refused if the submitted documents do not contain the necessary information. Hence i am a little worried about this.

The NOC is stated in the relevant ITA section, but is not stated in my letter, it does state all the other things you mentioned though. May i know what is the status of your application if you don't mind please?
My eligibility has been completed and has been recommended pass... so that's why I was telling you from my own experience...
Not only I am telling you about this letter from my Canadian employer but also the same from my other 2 organization where I previously worked overseas

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
I am working for Indian IT MNC for last 5 years. Soon I am moving to Canada on Intra Company Transfer. Am I eligible for 50 points job offer? Technically I meet all points - Fulltime job offer, Working for employer on work permit for more than an year.

Point of doubt is that I my offer letter for Canada is for 1 year project and my work permit will also be for same duration.