+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got PPR who applied with 50 additional point + ICT + CEC Inland

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Hello
Any clue about my question #1?

Also please does someone has a template or sample of an explanation letter to explain these details that we have in common?
Thank you all

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
You need to spend a year in Closed work permit before you become eligible for crabbing those 50 points. PGWP does not come into picture for ICT folks.
you don't have to work one year on the closed work permit for one year. you previous one year work experience counts with the same employer and ofcourse you have to have the closed work permit when you apply. Mine is approved and i didn't work one year on closed wp, i did that on pgwp.

Reactions: jes_ON

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
Hi , I have been working for same employer from 3 and half year with closed work permit. My current work permit expires on Aug 2017 . I got an extension till 25 Jan 2018. Will i be able to get 50 Points. Please help
yes you are already eligible to claim 50 points after your one year experience and if your job falls in NOC A or B

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
Hello
Any clue about my question #1?

Also please does someone has a template or sample of an explanation letter to explain these details that we have in common?
Thank you all
When your position says permanent on the offer letter you need not mention about anything else. I never mentioned that and it was mentioned permanent full time position and mine has already been approved. so good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: guille1612

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
But guys make sure to have all the necessary documents and your employer informed about the situation because i was selected randomly for employment verification for closed work permit. They will ask for the latest pay stubs and bank statements to see the salary is deposited to your account.

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Hi All,
We are in a similar situation. We are claiming 50 points for job offer. We have an offer letter issued which says that this offer is valid for 733 days from the date of issuing this offer letter. So offer letter was issued on July 22 2017. Along with the current roles and responsibilities and no.working hours and salary components also. My husband has completed one year of work experience in Canada.
So can we claim points using this letter ??
Thanks

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Hi All,
We are in a similar situation. We are claiming 50 points for job offer. We have an offer letter issued which says that this offer is valid for 733 days from the date of issuing this offer letter. So offer letter was issued on July 22 2017. Along with the current roles and responsibilities and no.working hours and salary components also. My husband has completed one year of work experience in Canada.
So can we claim points using this letter ??
Thanks
Is there any chance to re-issue the offer letter updating the issue date? By the same the officer review it, maybe it could have less than 1 year left to finish the offer. Besides that fact, if it states full-time, benefits, working hours, salary and job duties, i believe you are ok.

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Is there any chance to re-issue the offer letter updating the issue date? By the same the officer review it, maybe it could have less than 1 year left to finish the offer. Besides that fact, if it states full-time, benefits, working hours, salary and job duties, i believe you are ok.
We are expecting an ITA today hopefully by March we will submit the documents. There is no way to change the issue date. So currently its valid till July 22 2019. The letter mentions he is a permanent full time employee along with roles and responsibilities and salary components also. I just hope we can scrape through. He is employed with the same firm past 5 years and he has served in different geographical locations before coming to Canada. Hope we don't face any issues.

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
We are expecting an ITA today hopefully by March we will submit the documents. There is no way to change the issue date. So currently its valid till July 22 2019. The letter mentions he is a permanent full time employee along with roles and responsibilities and salary components also. I just hope we can scrape through. He is employed with the same firm past 5 years and he has served in different geographical locations before coming to Canada. Hope we don't face any issues.
Just rush to submit as soon as you receive your ITA, the next day if possible. Good luck!

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
just attach a new reference letter with latest date confirming the employment.

sharmar

Jul 20, 2017
you don't have to work one year on the closed work permit for one year. you previous one year work experience counts with the same employer and ofcourse you have to have the closed work permit when you apply. Mine is approved and i didn't work one year on closed wp, i did that on pgwp.
Hi! I really need your advice on this one year experience thing. I just landed in Canada on Feb 2, 2018 on closed ICT WP. I am already working for my employer since last 3 years. Also, my job NOC is 2173. I even have all the supporting documents which says i will be working in Canada for 24 months. So am i eligible to apply for the additional 50 points. Please clarify this confusion or i have to wait to complete one year with my employer in Canada?

jonnnie23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Hey I have a question for you, What did you put in the place holders for employment record and letter of employment?

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi! I really need your advice on this one year experience thing. I just landed in Canada on Feb 2, 2018 on closed ICT WP. I am already working for my employer since last 3 years. Also, my job NOC is 2173. I even have all the supporting documents which says i will be working in Canada for 24 months. So am i eligible to apply for the additional 50 points. Please clarify this confusion or i have to wait to complete one year with my employer in Canada?
If you are applying under CEC you need min. 1 year Canadian work experience..

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hey I have a question for you, What did you put in the place holders for employment record and letter of employment?
Employment records you need upload previous employment reference letter and in Letter of Employment , a letter from current employer stating your title, duties and salary..

shra23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 19th 2016
AOR Received.
March 02 2017
IELTS Request
According to my knowledge you are already eligible to apply