+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

yassinebouhlel

Sep 27, 2020
Hello
Actually iam in the same situation as all of you,i recently started working here in Montreal after finishing my studies and iam planning to apply for the EE under CEC and i have few questions
iam planning to look for a job in Ontario after getting at least 10 months of wxperience here so i can move to Ontario and apply for the EE ?
Do you think that is a good proof on planning to settle in Ontario?
and in case of not moving to Ontario after 12 months what is the best plan to conveince the immigration officer that iam leaving qubec after ?

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Thanks for sharing ! I’m working in Montreal under closed work permit and got ITA for EE already. I’m planning to move to Toronto next month and then finish my application. I was wondering if I can still work for same employer remotely? (Due to pandemic I have been working from home since March) I noticed on the work permit there is a restriction place “Montreal”, under this restriction, is it possible to live in another city and still work for same employer? Thanks a ton!
Restriction must be for employer. You can live anywhere in Canada but can work for the employer mentioned in your WP.I am still working for the same MTL employer when I was applying for PR and living in ON.

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Restriction must be for employer. You can live anywhere in Canada but can work for the employer mentioned in your WP.I am still working for the same MTL employer when I was applying for PR and living in ON.
did you finally get the PR or you are still waiting?

rhubarbhwy

Jul 8, 2020
Thanks!!! But my company’s lawyer said I must minimize the employment period out of Quebec under closed work permit due to restriction. Do you have same restriction on your work permit? Thanks in advance!

HolyPeixada

Dec 23, 2020
Hello All

First of all, thanks a lot for the topic. It is very eye opening for me to se all the answers.

I do wanted to stay in Montreal, where my permanent job is. But if I have to move for the express entry, then so it be (my company let me work remotely).

I heard that Arrima is a option to get PR without French Knowledge (lack of French is the only reason that i'm going trough EE). My question is: Can I get into trouble by having both a Arrima and EE application? Could then notice that I have applied for both, and think "so this guy may want to stay in Quebec then? EE DENIED!".

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello All

First of all, thanks a lot for the topic. It is very eye opening for me to se all the answers.

I do wanted to stay in Montreal, where my permanent job is. But if I have to move for the express entry, then so it be (my company let me work remotely).

I heard that Arrima is a option to get PR without French Knowledge (lack of French is the only reason that i'm going trough EE). My question is: Can I get into trouble by having both a Arrima and EE application? Could then notice that I have applied for both, and think "so this guy may want to stay in Quebec then? EE DENIED!".
ONE ADVICE : AVOID FROM QUEBEC IMMIGRATION

Arrima is not working as expected ,people are still waiting for the invitation.
move to Ontario , get your PR, stay their a few month then go back to Montreal if you want .

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello All

I second Erwin2020 advice in caps above. If everything else fails then only opt for Quebec.

As to your question - Arrima is operated by MIFI an archaic pre-historic institution which grants csq and then you apply for PR at IRCC. As they are different domains there isn't any bearing on parallel applications. However in Arrima, without a VJO you won't get an invite. Only if you are immune to systemic harassment, and, long nonsensical delays don't bother you, opt for Quebec immigration process. I have seen french and non french equally lamenting about their decision to choose Quebec. They are trapped now but you have a choice. Opt for a transparent and hassle free EE.

All the best.

momsingle2020

Dec 21, 2020
I have been working remotely with an employer in Qubec since last 2 years as an IT consultant/programmer. I am 43yrs old, my employer is willing to provide me a job in Qubec and also anything else I need to work there. They want me to tell them, the documentations and permits that I need in order to land in Canada for working with them. I am looking to have PR in Canada, by using this opportunity. I need some guidance on what type of offer should I ask from my employer that helps me to have PR in future.

I also want to know if PR issues will be valid for living anywhere in Canada or just Qubec.

MERIEM1986

Oct 27, 2017
Hello
Can anyone help on the following question please:
If a temporary worker who has been working in Quebec for about 5 months applies for EE ( but doesnt claim any point for Québec experience) , is it ok or he still has to prove that he has the intention to move out of Quebec in an appropriate explanation letter?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello
Can anyone help on the following questions pkease:
If a temporary worker who has been working in Quebec for about 5 months applies for EE ( but doesnt claim any point for Québec experience) fills in an EE profile, is it ok or he still has to prove that he has the intention to move out of Quebec in an appropriate explanation letter?
Intention is primary condition.

venu1993

Mar 3, 2017
Hello,
Currently I'm working for an employer in Montreal (this is a contract/temporary Job) and I'm on an open work permit. My education (masters in carleton university - Ottawa, ON) and address everything is in Ontario (including my drivers' license) as my work is remote and I've been residing in Ontario since a year. I received my ITA this week and I am worried if my employment would be a problem. and I am looking for suggestions on what would would be best in this case and If It's best to leave my job and look for other employer in ontario. Please help me. Thanks
Hey Sai, I'm in the same situation as you, Did it work for you.?

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Hi, i am also in the same boat. I am working for montreal employer (full time job) and working from ontario. I am living in ontario since 2 years and i have my education from ontario. Now planning to apply for EE. Will my job be problem? Do i need to leave my job once i get ITA or can i continue work from ontario without moving to quebec near furture? Please advice

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi, i am also in the same boat. I am working for montreal employer (full time job) and working from ontario. I am living in ontario since 2 years and i have my education from ontario. Now planning to apply for EE. Will my job be problem? Do i need to leave my job once i get ITA or can i continue work from ontario without moving to quebec near furture? Please advice
IMO during this crazy times and remote working Job doesn't matter but where you file your taxes matter and your physical address. Not sure how you have been filing taxes past 2 years while working for montreal employer. If it was ontario then EE should be your choice.