+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hello guys,

I am planning to apply for EE under CEC. I have a valid LMIA till June 2021 for a QC based employer. I moved to Ontario last month and am continuing working remotely. I should also not have any issue getting a renewed job offer from my company, specifically stating that my position will be fully remote even after I get my PR. My question is can I claim 50 points for a valid job offer under CRS? Since I am actually residing outside Quebec, the VO should hopefully not mind me working for a QC employer. I am sitting at 465 points right now, and I don't see cut offs reaching to that level. What's the probability of me getting rejected because of those 50 points? Thanks a lot for all the help guys!
I think the general consensus is that a job offer from QC is not valid for EE because it constitutes another reason/motivation why you´ll probably move back to QC once you become PR which is not the purpose of EE program.

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
I think the general consensus is that a job offer from QC is not valid for EE because it constitutes another reason/motivation why you´ll probably move back to QC once you become PR which is not the purpose of EE program.
hmm, I guess I need to find other avenues to increase my score then..thanks for your input

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
hmm, I guess I need to find other avenues to increase my score then..thanks for your input
You'll have to prove your intention of settling outside of Québec which includes both living and working. Your chances of getting refused are higher if you keep working for a company in QC - even remotely.

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
You'll have to prove your intention of settling outside of Québec which includes both living and working. Your chances of getting refused are higher if you keep working for a company in QC - even remotely.
Does that mean it's better to not apply from inside Canada at all? I can just complete the duration of my current work permit. Go back to my home country and then apply from there. Would that be a better option?

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Does that mean it's better to not apply from inside Canada at all? I can just complete the duration of my current work permit. Go back to my home country and then apply from there. Would that be a better option?
Hello,
So I applied through CEC while leaving and working in Quebec. I claimed 50 points but my application was rejected cos job offer from a Québec employer is not valid.

I reapplied in a April this year while I was still working for a Québec employer on a closed work permit and CSQ, I wrote English and French language exam to increase my points.

October first this year I moved to Ontario and commute to work in Montreal. Same October first I sent my new address to IRCC and on November 3rd I received CoPr stating that I am now a permanent resident. I didn't receive any request for intent although when I applied I submitted an old job offer I got from an employer in Ontario and a letter saying that I couldn't work for that employer because I wasn't PR at that time.

GOOD LUCK

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
Hello,
So I applied through CEC while leaving and working in Quebec. I claimed 50 points but my application was rejected cos job offer from a Québec employer is not valid.

I reapplied in a April this year while I was still working for a Québec employer on a closed work permit and CSQ, I wrote English and French language exam to increase my points.

October first this year I moved to Ontario and commute to work in Montreal. Same October first I sent my new address to IRCC and on November 3rd I received CoPr stating that I am now a permanent resident. I didn't receive any request for intent although when I applied I submitted an old job offer I got from an employer in Ontario and a letter saying that I couldn't work for that employer because I wasn't PR at that time.

GOOD LUCK
Thanks! And congratulations on your PR

MERIEM1986

Oct 27, 2017
hello
I read this thread and have some questions:
I am on a closed WP with my husband in Quebec and have family member in Québec.
We would like to move to Ottawa, because i want to start a bachelor's program in Ottawas university and we fell in love with the city.
My husband is planing to look for job offers their. But we ideally wont move to Ottawa unless he finds a job their.
Since being in a WP doesnt make it easy to find a job, we would like to apply to EE while being in Quebec.
My questions:
Is the university admission enough as a proof of intention to settle in Ottawa?
If we apply to EE and get rejected, will this impact our immigration status in Quebec ( leter on with the PEQ program)
Thanks for your help

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
hello
I read this thread and have some questions:
I am on a closed WP with my husband in Quebec and have family member in Québec.
We would like to move to Ottawa, because i want to start a bachelor's program in Ottawas university and we fell in love with the city.
My husband is planing to look for job offers their. But we ideally wont move to Ottawa unless he finds a job their.
Since being in a WP doesnt make it easy to find a job, we would like to apply to EE while being in Quebec.
My questions:
Is the university admission enough as a proof of intention to settle in Ottawa?
If we apply to EE and get rejected, will this impact our immigration status in Quebec ( leter on with the PEQ program)
Thanks for your help

Hi ,

Im almost in the same situation but without any plan to study . Im also on a close WP so we decided to rent an apartment in ottawa to avoid any rejection .

you need to write an explanation letter with all the detail that will convince the VO that you will move otherwise your application will be rejected.

good luck

MERIEM1986

Oct 27, 2017
Hi ,

Im almost in the same situation but without any plan to study . Im also on a close WP so we decided to rent an apartment in ottawa to avoid any rejection .

you need to write an explanation letter with all the detail that will convince the VO that you will move otherwise your application will be rejected.

good luck
Hello
can you explain how renting an apartment guarantees that you avoid rejection ?

CCC123

Jun 17, 2020
Hello Anurag!

I will be moving soon to Quebec for my Postdoc which is a LIMA exempt offer. I also applied for express entry as my wife as the primary applicant. We are planning to move to quebec on work permit while our EE being processed. Do you thnk there will be any probile? We also have the plan of me moving first and my wife following after the whole procedure is done. What do you advice? Thanks for your response.
Hi @vv566 I have a friend in the same exact situation, could you share what did you at the end? How is your process going? Thanks a lot!

rhubarbhwy

Jul 8, 2020
Hello,

GOOD LUCK
Congratulations! I was in the similar situation as yours. I’m working under closed work permit in Montreal and already got an ITA for EE. I was wondering if I can still work for same employer remotely during the process time even though there is a restriction place on my closed work permit? Thanks!

rhubarbhwy

Jul 8, 2020
Hi,

I have been on Closed WP and applied for PR last April. I submitted LOE with the application but still got two PFLs.

Mine was a unique case though I have submitted solid proofs each time. Still, VO did all cross-checking and tried his best to make me resign. I didn't and moved to a city in ON which is commutable to Montreal.

I got my PR last September and still working for the same QC employer while living in ON.
Thanks for sharing ! I’m working in Montreal under closed work permit and got ITA for EE already. I’m planning to move to Toronto next month and then finish my application. I was wondering if I can still work for same employer remotely? (Due to pandemic I have been working from home since March) I noticed on the work permit there is a restriction place “Montreal”, under this restriction, is it possible to live in another city and still work for same employer? Thanks a ton!

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello,
Currently I'm working for an employer in Montreal (this is a contract/temporary Job) and I'm on an open work permit. My education (masters in carleton university - Ottawa, ON) and address everything is in Ontario (including my drivers' license) as my work is remote and I've been residing in Ontario since a year. I received my ITA this week and I am worried if my employment would be a problem. and I am looking for suggestions on what would would be best in this case and If It's best to leave my job and look for other employer in ontario. Please help me. Thanks

I don't think its gonna an issue for you , just make sure to write an explanation letter to make sure they understand you are not intending to live in Quebec , if you can also attach the contract or a document that specify you are working remotely.

good luck