+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

pvenki11

Mar 2, 2020
Okay. Good.

If I was in your position, I would certainly write another letter (to be on safe side) highlighting -
- Efforts that you are making to physically move out of Quebec : Searching for houses and making a final move once PR comes through.
- Looking for jobs in ON

You can add in more if you find them plausible.

All the best
Oh thanks again, I will do that.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for your reply, I do not have a csq as it is very difficult to get one after recent changes to Quebec immigration program. I have been looking for jobs, apartments in ON, but I do not have any lease document as of now.
I did not write any letter to emphasize my intention to move to ON with express entry application(but I did while applying for ON provincial nomination).
Do I need to take a lease agreement with a future date (not sure by when we will get PR in these COVID times) ?
You don't necessarily have to wait for IRCC to request proof of intention to leave QC. In most cases in this forum, candidates submitted an LOE upfront, along with required documents or through a webform.

Since you accepted your NOI from OINP, it shows that you're aware that you have to move and settle in ON for a certain amount of time. This might be enough proof for the VO agent, but it doesn't hurt to add more (i.e, search of an apartment, job applications, etc.), especially you have ties in QC (job, studies, family and children, house, etc.)

Reactions: Aman1212

Aman1212

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Its great to see so many success stories here
i am in process of Applying Express entry but in dilemma what to do My Status is below
Come to Canada on Dec 2018 on ICT closed work permit i have applied in Arrima for QSW program but no idea if i will get invitation also as there is only around 2k invitation Sent by Quebec govt since 2018 aug .
i have around 460 CRS point in EE but when i see in my work permit they have mentioned my company name and work location as Montreal and there is clause mentioned i cannot work in any other location .
1) if i apply for EE is there will high chances of rejection ?
2) if its works i can shift to near city in Ontario and work from there remotely no idea if immigration officer will consider it as still my pay stub and work location in my offer letter will be Montreal .
3) i have my company offer letter which is Based in Toronto and its says i am on long term Deputation to Montreal location at clients office . Can i use that offer letter of intent or i need to search new job offer ?

please advise what i can do in my situation @cjas @Samster @Usmz @Tanya1617

Daven1209

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Its great to see so many success stories here
i am in process of Applying Express entry but in dilemma what to do My Status is below
Come to Canada on Dec 2018 on ICT closed work permit i have applied in Arrima for QSW program but no idea if i will get invitation also as there is only around 2k invitation Sent by Quebec govt since 2018 aug .
i have around 460 CRS point in EE but when i see in my work permit they have mentioned my company name and work location as Montreal and there is clause mentioned i cannot work in any other location .
1) if i apply for EE is there will high chances of rejection ?
2) if its works i can shift to near city in Ontario and work from there remotely no idea if immigration officer will consider it as still my pay stub and work location in my offer letter will be Montreal .
3) i have my company offer letter which is Based in Toronto and its says i am on long term Deputation to Montreal location at clients office . Can i use that offer letter of intent or i need to search new job offer ?

please advise what i can do in my situation @cjas @Samster @Usmz @Tanya1617
I am in the same situation.

Aman1212

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Yes..I have seen approval for people who have moved to Ontario, though their work location is Montreal. Any suggestions?
i have couple of cases who never left quebec and they got there PR but those two are known to me may be there are others also and there may rejections also which i don't know . I will say we can take up the risk until its not going to ban us from applying PR for misinterpretation .

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hi,

I have been on Closed WP and applied for PR last April. I submitted LOE with the application but still got two PFLs.

Mine was a unique case though I have submitted solid proofs each time. Still, VO did all cross-checking and tried his best to make me resign. I didn't and moved to a city in ON which is commutable to Montreal.

I got my PR last September and still working for the same QC employer while living in ON.

Reactions: sidharcher

Daven1209

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hi,

I have been on Closed WP and applied for PR last April. I submitted LOE with the application but still got two PFLs.

Mine was a unique case though I have submitted solid proofs each time. Still, VO did all cross-checking and tried his best to make me resign. I didn't and moved to a city in ON which is commutable to Montreal.

I got my PR last September and still working for the same QC employer while living in ON.
Can you please share what proofs you submitted in LoE and then later in PFL?

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
LOE (submitted in the additional documents section)

Proofs:
Job applications submitted in Toronto and Vancouver
Email conversations with prospective employers(some even mentioned they want to hire if I get PR as they don't deal with WP)
Interview confirmation
Previous Vancouver employer offer to rejoin( They offered as soon as I moved to QC and it was unethical to waste my QC employer's time and money they spent on arranging WP and relocation cost)
I mentioned how it's difficult for my family to integrate without French and other issues and how willing I am to move as its a contractual job so feasible to move at end of contract depending on the job offer

1st PFL ( VO gave 7 days to show in black and white that I am moving by end of certain month)

Tenancy agreement for a year-I arranged a tenancy agreement in city close to the Ontario -Quebec border.
First and last month cheques,
New cell phone number,
Private health insurance as ON doesn't cover QC closed WP holders,
Online school registration
New Job applications and interviews after 1st PFL,
Cancellation of tenancy in Montreal,
Cancellation of Hydro QC and internet service providers
Notarized letter

2nd PFL( Again 7 days and Vo specifically asked for my resignation letter, new job offer letter, payslips, and bank statements)
Letter but not notarized. Clearly stated that I won't resign a good paying job when I am on closed WP and I never mentioned in any letters that I will resign before getting a job offer.
ON driver's license,
Car registration in ON,
Bank statements showing ON address
Contract extension letter for the next 6 months,
An admission confirmation email from School's HR,
Payslips
Job application proofs that I had after 1st PFL response

Last edited:

Daven1209

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
LOE (submitted in the additional documents section)

Proofs:
Job applications submitted in Toronto and Vancouver
Email conversations with prospective employers(some even mentioned they want to hire if I get PR as they don't deal with WP)
Interview confirmation
Previous Vancouver employer offer to rejoin( They offered as soon as I moved to QC and it was unethical to waste my QC employer's time and money they spent on arranging WP and relocation cost)
I mentioned how it's difficult for my family to integrate without French and other issues and how willing I am to move as its a contractual job so feasible to move at end of contract depending on the job offer

1st PFL ( VO gave 7 days to show in black and white that I am moving by end of certain month)

Tenancy agreement for a year-I arranged a tenancy agreement in city close to the Ontario -Quebec border.
First and last month cheques,
New cell phone number,
Private health insurance as ON doesn't cover QC closed WP holders,
Online school registration
New Job applications and interviews after 1st PFL,
Cancellation of tenancy in Montreal,
Cancellation of Hydro QC and internet service providers
Notarized letter

2nd PFL( Again 7 days and Vo specifically asked for my resignation letter, new job offer letter, payslips, and bank statements)
Letter but not notarized. Clearly stated that I won't resign a good paying job when I am on closed WP and I never mentioned in any letters that I will resign before getting a job offer.
ON driver's license,
Car registration in ON,
Bank statements showing ON address
Contract extension letter for the next 6 months,
An admission confirmation email from School's HR,
Payslips
Job application proofs that I had after 1st PFL response
Thanks a lot for sharing. This is too much to ask for. I am planning to put my lease, Ontario License bank statement and utility bills in LOE itself. So as to avoid later PFL

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Thanks a lot for sharing. This is too much to ask for. I am planning to put my lease, Ontario License bank statement and utility bills in LOE itself. So as to avoid later PFL
Yes, if you are moving then do attach all these. I had no plans to leave QC unless PR sorted . I didn't expect PFL after LOE where VO is categorically asking to show proofs of moving out. My company's immigration lawyer even finds VO unreasonable.

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
Hello guys,

I am planning to apply for EE under CEC. I have a valid LMIA till June 2021 for a QC based employer. I moved to Ontario last month and am continuing working remotely. I should also not have any issue getting a renewed job offer from my company, specifically stating that my position will be fully remote even after I get my PR. My question is can I claim 50 points for a valid job offer under CRS? Since I am actually residing outside Quebec, the VO should hopefully not mind me working for a QC employer. I am sitting at 465 points right now, and I don't see cut offs reaching to that level. What's the probability of me getting rejected because of those 50 points? Thanks a lot for all the help guys!