+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
@Samster and @Usmz and others who received PPR,
At the landing, you had to provide a non-QC address to receive the PR card, right?

What do you think is the best to do:
- give a friend's address in Ontario and ask them to send PR card once they get it;
- give a friend's address in Ontario and send a webform with a change of address to QC to receive the PR card?

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
1st PFL was regarding my intention to move outside QC. They wanted proofs / something in black and white that shows I am moving outside QC. I had 7 days to respond during which I searched for home , signed lease , bought private health insurance (as QC won't cover me if I leave on WP and ON won't cover QC WP holders ) and an ON based sim and many job applications and interview proofs.

2nd PFL was regarding my new job and resignation, They wanted my bank statements and paystubs too to verify or cross check everything I think. Officer assumed that I would have resigned which I never said unless I found an opportunity in ON or anywhere else in CA as I was on closed WP. Again I had 7 days to submit my response and to move to new home I had time because I was paying 2 leases at the same time and had 15 days left to end lease in QC. I changed my driving license to ON address, my car vehicle inspection in ON, ON based car insurance , my daughter's school registration and email proofs and I clearly mentioned that I will not resign as I won't be able to work anywhere being on closed WP . I got the lawyer's help to write the response

anurag123sri

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
1st PFL was regarding my intention to move outside QC. They wanted proofs / something in black and white that shows I am moving outside QC. I had 7 days to respond during which I searched for home , signed lease , bought private health insurance (as QC won't cover me if I leave on WP and ON won't cover QC WP holders ) and an ON based sim and many job applications and interview proofs.

2nd PFL was regarding my new job and resignation, They wanted my bank statements and paystubs too to verify or cross check everything I think. Officer assumed that I would have resigned which I never said unless I found an opportunity in ON or anywhere else in CA as I was on closed WP. Again I had 7 days to submit my response and to move to new home I had time because I was paying 2 leases at the same time and had 15 days left to end lease in QC. I changed my driving license to ON address, my car vehicle inspection in ON, ON based car insurance , my daughter's school registration and email proofs and I clearly mentioned that I will not resign as I won't be able to work anywhere being on closed WP . I got the lawyer's help to write the response
congrats do you got your PR ?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Thank you, @Usmz !

I received my PPR yesterday (Feb 27), after 8 months of AOR, without any PFL. Hopefully, landing will go smooth in a couple weeks and this journey will finally be done.

Thank you, everyone, for your insights and shared experience!

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Thank you, @Usmz !

I received my PPR yesterday (Feb 27), after 8 months of AOR, without any PFL. Hopefully, landing will go smooth in a couple weeks and this journey will finally be done.

Are you on a closed work permit or did you have an offer letter from outside Quebec?

Reactions: Mihirakula

anurag123sri

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Thank you, @Usmz !

Congrats thats awesome if they didnt asked for letter of intent to leave quebec?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Congrats thats awesome if they didnt asked for letter of intent to leave quebec?
Oh, I sent a Letter of Intent up front, with my other required documents. I built my case based on the first ones here in this forum (Grad student).

Thank you @Tanya1617 ! Yes, we all have hope. As long as you have original, legitimate, legal and lawful documents translated, scanned & uploaded, you'll get your PR. It is not based on luck, it is a legal case you can win based on evidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: serjie06

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Hi all,
My application got rejected, the visa officer was not convinced of my intentions.

Good luck guys!

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
There was no interview. I got PFLand submitted my response. The officer was not convinced