+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

anurag123sri

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Returning to the form after a long-time, wanted to update my status. After much thought and energy spent on searching for jobs outside of Quebec, I applied for EE under CEC on Aug 1. I finally got the PPR email yesterday. It was not easy to prepare all the documents, but I do have 3 conditional offers from outside of Quebec that i submitted with LOE while submitting my application. I am glad I took the initiative and decided to take the EE route. It was a little more than 4 months for processing the application but I am very glad to see the end of this journey.

I really wish everyone in Quebec the very best applying through the new process. Frankly I have stopped following what the CAQ government is doing. Whatever the process is, I do hope everyone waiting to get their CSQ can get it quickly. I plan to leave Quebec sometime early next year.
Have you claimed 50 points for the Job offer in Canada ?

DGUNPREET

Aug 20, 2019
i got ITA yesterday,8th JAN,
Can anyone can help me with sample for LOE for leaving, and attaching lease papers from Ontario,transfer of licence and registration of car enough?; to support my claim of need to of job offer?

And another question do i send LOE and supporting documents in my first batch of documents?

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
How can one not claim points for job offer, is there a option for this? In my case without job offer points I was still above the cut off mark. But I thought if I dont say yes in the job offer section it might be taken as a negative thing because my current job offer is till 2023.

anurag123sri

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
How can one not claim points for job offer, is there a option for this? In my case without job offer points I was still above the cut off mark. But I thought if I dont say yes in the job offer section it might be taken as a negative thing because my current job offer is till 2023.
A valid job offer must be

• full-time
  • in a skilled job listed as Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B in the 2011 National Occupational Classification
  • supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or exempt from needing one
  • for one year from the time you become a permanent resident
A job offer isn’t valid if your employer is:

• an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or
  • on the list of ineligible employers.
Whether an offer is valid or not also depends on different factors, depending on your case. See a full list of criteria for valid job offers.

Samster

Feb 20, 2013
Congratulations! I am glad to see another successful case here!
I applied through FSW-I and just passed the 6-month deadline last week. I am anxiously waiting for some news from IRCC.
Would you mind sharing your experience after PPR? Did you have to send your passport to Ottawa or were you required to go to an interview? Also, how was the landing?
We were asked to send passports to Ottawa. It took about 3 weeks to get the passports back and we went to flagpole on 9-Jan. Had a tough officer at the border who asked a lot of questions and proof of documents. The process took about 10-15 minutes and he finally stamped our passport and handed us our COPR copies. It’s just the waiting time at the border for 3-4 hours for an officer to call your name is quite annoying. But if you look at the bigger picture, after everything we have waited for, the 3 hours of sitting idle and reflecting on life is not asking for much.

Good luck to you. Hope you hear some good news soon.

Reactions: cjas

Samster

Feb 20, 2013
I had sufficient points even before receiving the job offers. So I did not claim points for the new job offers as I did not want to burden my potential employers with LMIA for the points I didn’t need. More importantly, it would have taken that much longer for me to have all the documents in hand to start processing my application. Once I received ITA, I submitted all the job offers and proof of job searches outside of Quebec to show my intent to move along with rest of the documents for my application. Thankfully there were no further requests for additional documents.

vv566

Jan 8, 2020
I had sufficient points even before receiving the job offers. So I did not claim points for the new job offers as I did not want to burden my potential employers with LMIA for the points I didn’t need. More importantly, it would have taken that much longer for me to have all the documents in hand to start processing my application. Once I received ITA, I submitted all the job offers and proof of job searches outside of Quebec to show my intent to move along with rest of the documents for my application. Thankfully there were no further requests for additional documents.
Hello Anurag!

I will be moving soon to Quebec for my Postdoc which is a LIMA exempt offer. I also applied for express entry as my wife as the primary applicant. We are planning to move to quebec on work permit while our EE being processed. Do you thnk there will be any probile? We also have the plan of me moving first and my wife following after the whole procedure is done. What do you advice? Thanks for your response.

Slinxci

Apr 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

Could anyone give me a suggestion, I haven`t apply yet , but will do this May 2020. I am currently work in Montreal, in this May I will have 2 years work experience in NOC B. I will move to NS after May, I really don`t have intention to stay in QC. My wp expired in 2020,so I have not choice, after that I have to be a student in NS. Is it a potential problem? if I can only link myself to NS by study experience, I have not job offer, but I have admission or enrollment letter from school, I can provide docs to prove i really want to come back NS to continues my study and to be accountant or to work in NS.

This is my situation:

I graduated from a university in Nova Scotia, BBA in accounting major, I apply a Chartered Professional Accountant program of Atlantic( it is professional training) after I graduated in 2017, I happen to get a job in Montreal 2018, as secretary with some accounting duties. i believe i can improve my accounting skill, and get 2 years NOC B experience. I did have work experience in NS, but not really accounting or finance related job, that is why i decide took job in Montreal. I still pay for CPA program to keep my status, because i am unable to take the exam in NS, but still want to restart this program 2020. I have study permit for CPA program util 2022, and graduated work permit util 2020. I do plan to continue study my master degree in finance or restart CPA in 2020.

when i apply for ITA/PR, my work permit will expire soon in July 2020, i can only study in NS. I read many comments talk about job offer, but in my situation it is difficult to get one because work permit is expired. Once i decide to be a student( which is only choice for me), I can't just jump to be a worker, even I get ITA to extend my WP, i think switching status is too suspicious.

I think my education experience can prove that i am intent to live in outside QC. But all my document is talking about study, not work. I don't want the officer think i intent to live in NS for study.

Any suggestion about this? or just said the truth Why i move to QC and Why I am coming back?

Lunmedeiros

Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone,
I just need to update that I got my PR yesterday after landing interview at Ottawa office.My PR journey was not smooth and had so many issues on and off but somehow pulled it off.

I was on Closed WP in Canada since 2016 but in Montreal since 2018 .

ITA March 6
AOR March 20 ( I have submitted my Letter of Intention to stay outside Quebec with my application)
PFL July 11 (response submitted July 15)
2nd PFL Aug 22 (response submitted Aug 22)
Ghost update Aug 29
Landing email Sep 21
PPR Sep 24
VO Edmonton

Meanwhile called CIC few times but when called on Sep 16 , I have been told my application is marked as complete by VO on Sep 9 so decision can be taken anytime.

Both my PFL were not that easy to respond because of 7 days deadline with proofs and evidences regarding my intention.I am thankful to forum members for their support and guidance even some who got their PR few years ago and are no active on forum but helped me when I approached them. I will be happy to guide if any one applies for EE from Quebec .

All the best!

Hi! Congratulations on the PR!

So you claim the 50 points for the job offer in Québec, and you were still living and working in Québec during the application? And now you have to move for another province?

Sorry about all the questions, I am currently in this situation and planing to apply to EE this year.

Thank you.

anurag123sri

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
I will be moving soon to Quebec for my Postdoc which is a LIMA exempt offer. I also applied for express entry as my wife as the primary applicant. We are planning to move to quebec on work permit while our EE being processed. Do you thnk there will be any probile? We also have the plan of me moving first and my wife following after the whole procedure is done. What do you advice? Thanks for your response
Hi the problem if you already shifted to quebec as quebec has there different residency policy if you got your PR and then move in that case i dont think any problem will be there but if you are in quebec while your EE is processed then officers may ask you for intention to leave quebec letter and proofs as quebec has totally different process . I guess a call to cic may clear all your doubts and that will be the best option .

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Hi! Congratulations on the PR!

So you claim the 50 points for the job offer in Québec, and you were still living and working in Québec during the application? And now you have to move for another province?

Sorry about all the questions, I am currently in this situation and planing to apply to EE this year.

Thank you.
I am working in quebec since 2018 and applied for express entry in Sep, havent heard any thing as of now. I did not want to claim 50 points for job offer but in the application where they asked if you have a job offer I had to say that I have till 2023. Will update if any progress on my application.
Applying from quebec is tricky, its all about convincing the visa officer that you intent to leave quebec.

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Hi,
I got PFL today to provide proofs to stay outside quebec, has anyone else got it? Any suggestions other than the job applications.

anurag123sri

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hi,
I got PFL today to provide proofs to stay outside quebec, has anyone else got it? Any suggestions other than the job appl
what i heard is that you need to provide job offer letter , lease agreement , apply for insurance in other province outside Quebec. i guess you can search in thread. Rejection rate has gone higher now a days

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
what i heard is that you need to provide job offer letter , lease agreement , apply for insurance in other province outside Quebec. i guess you can search in thread. Rejection rate has gone higher now a days
Hi @anurag123sri, do you have any evidence showing that the rejection rate has increased recently? Is there other threads or forums reporting rejection cases?
Thanks

anurag123sri

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hi @anurag123sri, do you have any evidence showing that the rejection rate has increased recently? Is there other threads or forums reporting rejection cases?
Thanks
in My office i have known recently 4 cases i cannot provide evidence right now on forum but i know personally those guys whoes EE has been rejected because of not able to provide sufficient details intent to leave quebec

Reactions: cjas