+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hard luck paddy147, but you can immediately reapply with new Employement offer.. I believe.
yeah very hard luck, I have to retake my language test as it has expired last month July. i am retaking it on the 7th of september. After then i can reapply.

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Do you know if the fee gets refunded if our application is rejected because of the Quebec connection?
I do not wish to claim 50 points for the arranged work offer which is from quebec as I have enough points without it so I wont mind if they do not give me 50 points. But I did mention that I have a work offer while making my profile because if I wouldn't have then it would be false information.

So would it be okay that I mention in my LOE that even though I have work offer but I do not wish to continue the same job and do not want points for the same.

waliyat

Sep 12, 2019
Is TEFAQ accepted by IRCC? I only have Oral comprehension and expression.
In the Letter of Explanation section in Express Entry after getting an ITA, we need to provide a letter to the VO convincing the officer of our reasons, intentions and the steps that we have taken for the move. If the VO is convinced, our application will be accepted. If rejected, its still not misrepresentation.

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hi everyone,
I just need to update that I got my PR yesterday after landing interview at Ottawa office.My PR journey was not smooth and had so many issues on and off but somehow pulled it off.

I was on Closed WP in Canada since 2016 but in Montreal since 2018 .

ITA March 6
AOR March 20 ( I have submitted my Letter of Intention to stay outside Quebec with my application)
PFL July 11 (response submitted July 15)
2nd PFL Aug 22 (response submitted Aug 22)
Ghost update Aug 29
Landing email Sep 21
PPR Sep 24
VO Edmonton

Meanwhile called CIC few times but when called on Sep 16 , I have been told my application is marked as complete by VO on Sep 9 so decision can be taken anytime.

Both my PFL were not that easy to respond because of 7 days deadline with proofs and evidences regarding my intention.I am thankful to forum members for their support and guidance even some who got their PR few years ago and are no active on forum but helped me when I approached them. I will be happy to guide if any one applies for EE from Quebec .

All the best!

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
In response to my First PFl where VO was very specific that he wants written evidence of leaving QC . I mentioned in my LOE that my lease is ending in July and my contract too which will be an ideal situation for me to leave QC if I will be able to find job in other province . I had only 7 days to submit my response.

I submitted my new lease agreement in ON,payment of first and last month rent, lease cancellation in QC, Phone contract in ON, private heath insurance as ON will not cover me on closed WP for QC and job applications/interviews in ON .

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Thanks

I would like to add that my contract was already extended while PR application was in process so I did not leave my job but moved outside QC.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks

I would like to add that my contract was already extended while PR application was in process so I did not leave my job but moved outside QC.
When your contract got ended, was your work permit expired too, if yes, how did you manage to stay in CANADA. Did you change your status to Visitor Visa?

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I had closed WP which was valid until July 2020 so there was no need to apply for BOWP. I got 2 year WP last year and contract for 1 year which could be extended. W
hen I applied for PR in March , I did not know whether my employer will extend my contract or not . They told me in July (when contract was about to end ) that they are extending it.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
I just need to update that I got my PR yesterday after landing interview at Ottawa office.My PR journey was not smooth and had so many issues on and off but somehow pulled it off.

ITA March 6
AOR March 20 ( I have submitted my Letter of Intention to stay outside Quebec with my application)
Ghost update Aug 29
Landing email Sep 21
PPR Sep 24
VO Edmonton

Meanwhile called CIC few times but when called on Sep 16 , I have been told my application is marked as complete by VO on Sep 9 so decision can be taken anytime.

Both my PFL were not that easy to respond because of 7 days deadline with proofs and evidences regarding my intention.I am thankful to forum members for their support and guidance even some who got their PR few years ago and are no active on forum but helped me when I approached them. I will be happy to guide if any one applies for EE from Quebec .

All the best!
Congratulations! It gives us some hope to read successful cases like yours!
Although, you had some extra work with 2 PFL, you managed very well to show your intentions.
Could you share your experience at the landing/interview?

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Hi everyone,

ITA March 6
Ghost update Aug 29
Landing email Sep 21
PPR Sep 24
VO Edmonton

All the best!
Many congratulations to you

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Congratulations! It gives us some hope to read successful cases like yours!
Although, you had some extra work with 2 PFL, you managed very well to show your intentions.
Could you share your experience at the landing/interview?
Thank you !
Landing interview was very smooth. It lasted 10 to 15 mins hardly from verifying documents(passports,photographs ,address) to few questions (first and recent entry to canada, any visa refusals ).

All the best to everyone !

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Thank you !
Landing interview was very smooth. It lasted 10 to 15 mins hardly from verifying documents(passports,photographs ,address) to few questions (first and recent entry to canada, any visa refusals ).

All the best to everyone !
Thank you! Just to confirm, was the landing at a port of entry (airport or land border) in Ontario? Would you mind saying where it was?