+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi all,
I recently discovered this thread and it's been encouraging to read successful cases of FSW from Quebec.
Here is some details of my application (FSW-Inland):

ITA: May 1st, 2019
AOR: June 19th, 2019 (LoE showing the intention to settle outside of Quebec was sent with the first batch of documents)
Medical: July 23rd, 2019
Additional documents submitted (RCMP-PCC): August 14th, 2019
I called IRCC on Sept 13th and they said that criminal check has passed, eligibility is in progress, security has not started yet. The VO is Sydney NS.

All the best to everyone!

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Thank you! Just to confirm, was the landing at a port of entry (airport or land border) in Ontario? Would you mind saying where it was?
No, I had a landing interview at Case Processing Centre Ottawa.They just verified the documents,took pictures and gave COPR . Today I received my PR card as well.

Reactions: cjas

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Thank you !
Landing interview was very smooth. It lasted 10 to 15 mins hardly from verifying documents(passports,photographs ,address) to few questions (first and recent entry to canada, any visa refusals ).

All the best to everyone !
Congracts Usmz!!!

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Yes, I haven't finished my PhD yet, so I am still here. However, I have started applying for jobs in other provinces.
Hi alesoares,
How was your landing process? Did you pass an interview at a CIC centre or did you go to the border? Also, what questions were you asked? Finally, did you give a Quebec or Ontario address for them to send your PR?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
I landed at a border crossing in Ontario, since that is my stated province of arrival. I would advice you do not enter through Quebec. The rational is that at the time of validation, you are saying that as of right now I'm detaching myself from Quebec.

I chose the land border crossing for the sake of saving time. The IRCC appointment can take months.

For the address, what I did is secured a place in Ontario, and exchanged my driver license from Quebec to an Ontario license and used that as an ID with an out-of-Quebec address. I was not asked for a lease, but if you have it it would be nice to take just in case (a lot is agent dependent).

Regards,
Hi mbkingsnake,
Congratulations on your PR!
I wanted to confirm if you were asked for a proof of address or if you could have given an Ontario address just so you could receive your PR. I understand the landing is agent dependent, but it would be nice to hear your experience.
Thank you,

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi everyone! I've followed the whole thread but am still lost.
I failed my french interview (scored level 6, you need 7 or more) and thus decided to move on with express entry.
The only issue is that my wife is more comfortable in French than in English and my kids don't really know English at all (they are in French accueil class).
Has anyone ever applied to the EE, got the RP and then moved back to Quebec ?
Without a job offer and province nomination, we are sitting in 590pts...
I am lost on what to do. I am considering moving out but in the end, they might take a while to adapt and my wife had a hard time finding a decent job with limited knowledge in the languages...

PS: I applied PEQ Student, they received my file on the 9th of July, one day before closing/pausing the program.
We do not fit any of the racist categories that people talk about, we are Brazilians. Wife is at level 7 of francization (advanced writing). Two kids in the French board. I am a software engineer. I don't know what will happen on the 1st of November so...
We still have 2 years and 6 months of legal work permit to remedy the situation.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi everyone! I've followed the whole thread but am still lost.
I failed my french interview (scored level 6, you need 7 or more) and thus decided to move on with express entry.
The only issue is that my wife is more comfortable in French than in English and my kids don't really know English at all (they are in French accueil class).
Has anyone ever applied to the EE, got the RP and then moved back to Quebec ?
Without a job offer and province nomination, we are sitting in 590pts...
I am lost on what to do. I am considering moving out but in the end, they might take a while to adapt and my wife had a hard time finding a decent job with limited knowledge in the languages...

PS: I applied PEQ Student, they received my file on the 9th of July, one day before closing/pausing the program.
We do not fit any of the racist categories that people talk about, we are Brazilians. Wife is at level 7 of francization (advanced writing). Two kids in the French board. I am a software engineer. I don't know what will happen on the 1st of November so...
We still have 2 years and 6 months of legal work permit to remedy the situation.
Hello,
It is a hard decision to take because it involves your wife and children and how they will adapt after moving. Remember that it is possible to apply and wait for the decision while living in QC, but it'll be even harder to prove your intentions to leave the province if you and your wife hold jobs in QC and your children go to French school.
Can you retake the interview?
Can your wife become the main applicant?
Can you take/retake an official French exam? Personally, I found the TEF easier than IELTS, and if you speak French on a daily basis, you can easily pass the exam.

chaiScad

Jun 3, 2019
Hello All

I have a question, I plan to leave Quebec then apply for EE, but I am going to move to another country instead of provinces in Canada. If I still need to provide a letter or prove I am not going to live in Quebec?

Thank you!

Reactions: C_vitamin

abhijit159

Apr 3, 2019
Hi All,

I hope someone might be able to guide me.

I got CSQ in 2017 June. Applied for PR through Quebec Skilled Worker(paper based), got married in Jan 2019 , updated file in august 2019, specified my wife as non-accompanying.
I dont know how long it is doing to drag, its been 27 months since I applied and have heard that it might take them upto 1 year for doing background check of my wife even if she is non-accompanying.

I had a thought to make second application in express entry which can guarantee me and my wife PR in atleast 6 months.

abhijit159

Apr 3, 2019
Hi All,

I hope someone might be able to guide me.
I got CSQ in 2017 June. Applied for PR through Quebec Skilled Worker(paper based), got married in Jan 2019 , updated file in august 2019, specified my wife as non-accompanying.
I dont know how long it is doing to drag, its been 27 months since I applied and have heard that it might take them upto 1 year for doing background check of my wife even if she is non-accompanying.

I had a thought to make second application in express entry which can guarantee me and my wife PR in atleast 6 months.

DGUNPREET

Aug 20, 2019
I started on 5 Nov ,2018 as Warehouse Coordinator, and went on vocation for around 55 days to home country(india) ,and was still employ of the company do i need to wait till 28 December (including 55days) for 1560hrs 30hr/week? or was I eligible on 5 Nov ,2019 for 1 year experience?

Samster

Feb 20, 2013
Hello Samster,
I applied Through Express Entry under CEC Since January 13 and i am still waiting for them to request for my letter of intent to reside outside Quebec.

I am on closed work permit just like you, and because od this it is hard to get job offer from employers outside Quebec. I have applied for many jobs did some interviews but they won't take me till i have my PR. So its possible to apply under CEC without Job offer and look for away to prove your intent.

It might be a little bit difficult for you because you have already applied through Quebec so you will really need to convince the VO that you intend to leave.

I wish you goodluck.
Hi All,

Returning to the form after a long-time, wanted to update my status. After much thought and energy spent on searching for jobs outside of Quebec, I applied for EE under CEC on Aug 1. I finally got the PPR email yesterday. It was not easy to prepare all the documents, but I do have 3 conditional offers from outside of Quebec that i submitted with LOE while submitting my application. I am glad I took the initiative and decided to take the EE route. It was a little more than 4 months for processing the application but I am very glad to see the end of this journey.

I really wish everyone in Quebec the very best applying through the new process. Frankly I have stopped following what the CAQ government is doing. Whatever the process is, I do hope everyone waiting to get their CSQ can get it quickly. I plan to leave Quebec sometime early next year.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi All,

Returning to the form after a long-time, wanted to update my status. After much thought and energy spent on searching for jobs outside of Quebec, I applied for EE under CEC on Aug 1. I finally got the PPR email yesterday. It was not easy to prepare all the documents, but I do have 3 conditional offers from outside of Quebec that i submitted with LOE while submitting my application. I am glad I took the initiative and decided to take the EE route. It was a little more than 4 months for processing the application but I am very glad to see the end of this journey.

I really wish everyone in Quebec the very best applying through the new process. Frankly I have stopped following what the CAQ government is doing. Whatever the process is, I do hope everyone waiting to get their CSQ can get it quickly. I plan to leave Quebec sometime early next year.
Congratulations! I am glad to see another successful case here!
I applied through FSW-I and just passed the 6-month deadline last week. I am anxiously waiting for some news from IRCC.
Would you mind sharing your experience after PPR? Did you have to send your passport to Ottawa or were you required to go to an interview? Also, how was the landing?

vv566

Jan 8, 2020
Hello every one, My situation is quite strange due to the fact that I recently applied for Express entry program a couple of days ago with my spouse as the primary applicant and waiting for my ITA.Also, I recently got a post doc offer from a university in Quebec for 1 year which is supposed to be LMIA exempted job. Soon I'll start my work permit process for both of us and I will move in a couple of months to Quebec. We would like to choose our final destination as Ontario and our intention never was to stay in Quebec. But if we had to stay in Quebec for more than 2 years for any reason.

1. Do the work permit request conflict with the PR process?
2. Will my job offer in Quebec contradicts to our final destination intention?
3. Will my citizenship application is impacted due to the fact that i stayed in quebec without PR through Quebec FSW?

Also i have seen that quebec immigration process is slow and unpredictable. I would like to have your advise as i am totally in a confused state of mind.

vv566

Jan 8, 2020
Thanks mate for this, I do really appreciate it.
Dear all, apologies for the delay. I will try to provide some information about my process and what happened.

I am a PhD candidate, and I had decided to apply to Express Entry because I knew that: a) quebec process takes one million years, and b) by the time I finished with quebec process, I would probably leave for another province (higher chances of becoming a professor outside of quebec than inside, pure probability).

I used my experience from Brazil as a research assistant during my undergrad studies as work experience to qualify to the FSW program. After getting my IELTS results and all documents, my CRS was 456 and in December 20th, 2017, I received my invitation to apply.

Since I knew there would be a requirement to provide sufficient evidence that I plan to settle outside Quebec, it took me more than a month to write the perfect letter. I applied on January 27th, 2018. I could have applied without the letter, but I knew they would eventually request, so might as well send it together with your application, it saves time.

I'm not too sure about the timeline, but it was something like that: medicals cleared within 2 weeks, and after one week my background check changed. Then in February my status changed to IP2 as part of the massive glitch. After that I had to wait a loooong period until my PPR was issued on July 20th, 2018.

In the middle of the process I asked for notes because the wait was killing me. In my notes I saw that no officer mentioned anything about doubting my decision to settle outside Quebec. I guess I provided sufficient evidence.

Here is the letter I wrote (all identifiable data was removed):

----------------------------------------------------
25 January 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to take this opportunity to explain my interest in applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program through the Express Entry pool. As you may notice from my application dossier, I am pursuing a doctoral degree at ________ in Montreal (Quebec), currently at the end of my ____ year, which means I will be able to relocate after Summer 2018. I understand that, under the rules of the FSW program, I am required to plan my settling in any Canadian province other than Quebec, therefore I would like to clarify the rationale for my choice, as well as to provide some evidence of my intention to settle outside Quebec.

1) I am unfit for the academic job market in Quebec

I decided to pursue a PhD at ______ due to its prestige and intensive research tradition. Also, my supervisor is the only professor in Canada doing the same research in which I am interested (______). Therefore, despite my lack of knowledge of French, I moved to Quebec in 2016 to start my current program. However, my prospects of an academic career in Quebec are virtually inexistent, because the majority of jobs are for French or French ________ which require a deep knowledge of the language proven by standardized tests, even for native speakers. Working in the field of _______, it would be impossible for me to find an academic position in this province.

The only possible place would be _______. However, the three professors in the field of _______ are all tenure-track and joined _____ recently (________). Consequently, according to my program director, the university will not open any positions in the foreseeable future. Instead of staying in Quebec (which would be a requirement if I applied for Quebec immigration), I believe that moving to other Canadian provinces will be the only way for me to start a scholarly career.

2) I will soon need to look for academic positions

I am currently at the end of my ________ of PhD studies. As part of my program, I am required to finish all my coursework and pass my ________ by ________, after which I will become a PhD candidate. As such, while focusing on my ________, I will start looking for academic positions because I will be able to promptly relocate in the case I find a suitable position. However, Canadian universities follow the policy of prioritizing permanent residents and citizens for their positions (it is the law). Therefore, given the competitiveness of the academic market nowadays, it will be hard for me to successfully find a position before becoming a permanent resident, hence my application for PR status at this moment.

3) I am developing a professional network in ________ and ________

Since the beginning of my PhD I realized I was not suitable to work in the province of Quebec in the field of ________, so I have started a number of projects in partnership with different institutions outside Quebec, namely in ________ and ________, the ________ provinces. I hope that such projects will strengthen my connections and make me a better candidate for job positions in these provinces.

First, I am working together with a ________. Together with them, I will ________ as of ________ as well as conduct a research comparing the ________ in ________. This project will be funded by both ________ and ________, a Canadian, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered r________ in Canada for 18 years. Despite ________' having offices across Canada, we are directly working with their ________ ________, receiving support from ________.

Second, I have submitted a research project together with my supervisor (________) and another ________ professor from ________ (________) to study the needs of ________. In this project, I will be responsible for the ________ part of data collection and analysis. Through this project I will be in contact with different ________ institutions and ________ from ________ to meet with ________, ________ and ________. In fact, I have already been in touch with the ________ (________, ________) during the National Conference in ________ to discuss our interest in working with ________. The ________ coordinator, ________ (________@________.________.ca), showed great interest in partnering up to develop ________. The project (currently under evaluation) will be funded by the ________, a federal research funding agency.

4) I am eligible for a ________ license in ________ and ________

Finally, I have also developed an alternative plan in case I struggle with finding a suitable academic position in university. As you can see from my application file, I am a certified ________, therefore I am eligible to apply for equivalence of my ________ license from Brazil in both ________ and ________. In fact, I have already confirmed the requirements from both provinces and will apply for the equivalence to assure myself that I can find a good and fulfilling job after becoming permanent resident. Although any application for equivalence needs to be reviewed, I would like to point out that you may verify the three main requirements from my immigration dossier:

· English level (from my IELTS score);

· An appropriate ________ degree (from both my diploma and the evaluation carried out by WES);

· Experience as a ________ (since I did not claim points for that, you verify from my personal history).

5) Supporting documents

To support my claims in this letter, I attached the following documents:

A. Partnership document with ________ / ________, from ________ (signed and submitted);

B. Email exchanges with ________ supporting our application;

C. Confirmation of ________ proposal submission (supervised by Dr. ________, application number: ________);

D. Copy of ________ Ministry of ________ guidelines for Application for ________ Certificate of Qualification for International Graduates.

Sincerely,
Hello mate! That was a very detailed explanation. I am in a similar situation now.

My situation is quite strange due to the fact that I recently applied for Express entry program a couple of days ago with my spouse as the primary applicant and waiting for my ITA.Also, I recently got a post doc offer from a university in Quebec for 1 year which is supposed to be LMIA exempted job. Soon I'll start my work permit process for both of us and I will move in a couple of months to Quebec. We would like to choose our final destination as Ontario and our intention never was to stay in Quebec. But if we had to stay in Quebec for more than 2 years for any reason. 1. Do the work permit request conflict with the PR process? 2. Will my job offer in Quebec contradicts to our final destination intention? 3. Will my citizenship application is impacted due to the fact that i stayed in quebec without PR through Quebec FSW? Also i have seen that quebec immigration process is slow and unpredictable. I would like to have your advise as i am totally in a confused state of mind.