+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

Samster

Feb 20, 2013
@Samster and @Usmz and others who received PPR,
At the landing, you had to provide a non-QC address to receive the PR card, right?

What do you think is the best to do:
- give a friend's address in Ontario and ask them to send PR card once they get it;
- give a friend's address in Ontario and send a webform with a change of address to QC to receive the PR card?
Hey, congratulations on your PR. My flag pole experience was a little difficult. I went to Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. Officer asked for all documents (lease in Ontario, bank statements, other proof of funds in Canada, offer letters, recent salary slips, spouse’s job searches outside Quebec with potential employer’s offer letter, marriage certificate). He cross questioned a lot before stamping the passports. So be prepared with all documents, make sure whatever you decide, answer all questions confidently. I would suggest give an Ontario address as it will save you a lot of trouble. The card arrives within 2-3 weeks anyways. Good luck!

Reactions: astraldust and cjas

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hey, congratulations on your PR. My flag pole experience was a little difficult. I went to Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. Officer asked for all documents (lease in Ontario, bank statements, other proof of funds in Canada, offer letters, recent salary slips, spouse’s job searches outside Quebec with potential employer’s offer letter, marriage certificate). He cross questioned a lot before stamping the passports. So be prepared with all documents, make sure whatever you decide, answer all questions confidently. I would suggest give an Ontario address as it will save you a lot of trouble. The card arrives within 2-3 weeks anyways. Good luck!
Wow! I am sorry to hear that you had to go through this. And thank you for your tips. I am gathering updated proof of intention to leave QC, along with my original documents, just in case. I am waiting for a confirmation of an appointment in the Ottawa office, but if I don't get it in a week, I was thinking of going to Thousand Islands Bridge. I am thinking of updating my mailing address on IRCC website to an Ontarion one and erasing all previous Quebec addresses to avoid problems at landing.
Thanks again for your answer!

huy nhat

Jan 29, 2020
Hi all. Could someone please help me with my case? My situation is I live in Ottawa,ON but i work full time in Gatineau, Quebec (only 15 mins drive). My EE is sitting at 451, so my employer is helping me with LMIA to claim 50 points. Is it possible to use that LMIA? I live in ON for 7 years and never live in QC. Thank you in advance!

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Hi all,

I studied and worked in Quebec for 3 years.

I moved to Ontario recently, though my employer is still in Quebec. I am on an a PWGP, so technically I can work anywhere.
My employer is however perfectly happy with a work-from-home arrangement that has been already implemented when I moved to the new province, and they are willing to continue this arrangement.

I have my lease document in Ontario.

Is it enough to prove my intent of not staying in Quebec? From your experiences, do you think lease documents, other administrative documents and letter from employer stating the arrangement of "work-from-home" will suffice?

Thanks,
Narayan

ex4edge

Feb 27, 2018
Hello Everyone, I am in this with you guys, i have been working in Quebec since december 2017 on a closed work permit. I applied for express entry through CEC on Jan 13 2019 and got AOR same day, Medical passed feb 22 2019, RPRF request letter recieved March 1st 2019, RPRF fee paid same day.

This is part of the letter i received for RPRF fee.

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. The admissibility review is currently in process; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose. At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if applicable.

This is how my profile status look
Application/profile details​

• Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details
  • Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am yet to receive the request for letter of intent, Does any of you know at what stage this letter will be requested? Thanks for your help.

Hello, I just want to make sure- so you applied for Federal Express Entry while you were working in QC? How were you able to convince about your intentions to live outside Quebec? I am in the same situation and thinking of applying for EE, your answers would be helpful. And how much was your CRS for the Express Entry, is it possible to share this information?

paddy147

Mar 2, 2019
Hello, I just want to make sure- so you applied for Federal Express Entry while you were working in QC? How were you able to convince about your intentions to live outside Quebec? I am in the same situation and thinking of applying for EE, your answers would be helpful. And how much was your CRS for the Express Entry, is it possible to share this information?
Hello, sorry for the late reply, this particular application got rejected cos I mistaken claimed 50 points with my Quebec job offer. i have reapplied since april this year. I am still living and working in Quebec. the only way i think i can convince the VO is for my wife to move to ottawa and get a job there cos she is on an open work permit. if i remember very well my CRS score was 450 and for the recent one is 485. what did you do? did you apply?

Reactions: astraldust

sidharcher

Jul 13, 2020
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Hi all,

I studied and worked in Quebec for 3 years.

I moved to Ontario recently, though my employer is still in Quebec. I am on an a PWGP, so technically I can work anywhere.
My employer is however perfectly happy with a work-from-home arrangement that has been already implemented when I moved to the new province, and they are willing to continue this arrangement.

I have my lease document in Ontario.

Is it enough to prove my intent of not staying in Quebec? From your experiences, do you think lease documents, other administrative documents and letter from employer stating the arrangement of "work-from-home" will suffice?

Thanks,
Narayan
Hello Narayan, did you apply for pr, was it successful

pvenki11

Mar 2, 2020
Hi, I am currently working and staying in Quebec with a closed work permit. I have applied for PR through the express entry (process is going on) with a PNP nomination from Ontario. Do I need to also provide a intention to move out of Quebec letter? I know this may differ case by case, but as i already proved my intention to move to Ontario, is there a possibility that I will be asked again by federal for move out of quebec ?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi, I am currently working and staying in Quebec with a closed work permit. I have applied for PR through the express entry (process is going on) with a PNP nomination from Ontario. Do I need to also provide a intention to move out of Quebec letter? I know this may differ case by case, but as i already proved my intention to move to Ontario, is there a possibility that I will be asked again by federal for move out of quebec ?
Have you got ITA?
At what stage did you provide detailed letter of explanation of your intent to leave Quebec?
What steps have you taken for your move out of Quebec till now?

Reactions: sidharcher

pvenki11

Mar 2, 2020
Have you got ITA?
At what stage did you provide detailed letter of explanation of your intent to leave Quebec?
What steps have you taken for your move out of Quebec till now?
My ITA date was in March 2020 and the process is still going, I have not provided the letter yet (IRCC have not asked me yet, not sure at what stage they generally ask), I was asking whether I will be asked to prove my intention to move out of Quebec as I am a PNP candidate and I already proved my intention to Ontario to move to that province.

Reactions: Zgajipurwala

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
My ITA date was in March 2020 and the process is still going, I have not provided the letter yet (IRCC have not asked me yet, not sure at what stage they generally ask), I was asking whether I will be asked to prove my intention to move out of Quebec as I am a PNP candidate and I already proved my intention to Ontario to move to that province.
Do you also hold a csq from Quebec?
Letter - Better you provide it asap before VO sends you an intent to refuse (50/50 chance as you are pnp candidate) bcoz of your current place of work being Quebec.
In past people have been refused - didn't have any lease document for outside Quebec, working in Quebec etc.
Did you write any letter emphasizing your intention to move to ON? Or pnp candidature only?

pvenki11

Mar 2, 2020
Do you also hold a csq from Quebec?
Letter - Better you provide it asap before VO sends you an intent to refuse (50/50 chance as you are pnp candidate) bcoz of your current place of work being Quebec.
In past people have been refused - didn't have any lease document for outside Quebec, working in Quebec etc.
Did you write any letter emphasizing your intention to move to ON? Or pnp candidature only?
Thanks for your reply, I do not have a csq as it is very difficult to get one after recent changes to Quebec immigration program. I have been looking for jobs, apartments in ON, but I do not have any lease document as of now.
I did not write any letter to emphasize my intention to move to ON with express entry application(but I did while applying for ON provincial nomination).
Do I need to take a lease agreement with a future date (not sure by when we will get PR in these COVID times) ?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for your reply, I do not have a csq as it is very difficult to get one after recent changes to Quebec immigration program. I have been looking for jobs, apartments in ON, but I do not have any lease document as of now.
I did not write any letter to emphasize my intention to move to ON with express entry application(but I did while applying for ON provincial nomination).
Do I need to take a lease agreement with a future date (not sure by when we will get PR in these COVID times) ?
Okay. Good.

If I was in your position, I would certainly write another letter (to be on safe side) highlighting -
- Efforts that you are making to physically move out of Quebec : Searching for houses and making a final move once PR comes through.
- Looking for jobs in ON

You can add in more if you find them plausible.

All the best